Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

2024 Election

Dandy

Reaction score
I’ve said it once and I will say it again. Any time Chris Christie runs for office, the rebuttal by his opponent should merely be the photo of him in his softball uniform. Campaign over. Christie loses.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
More fitting for the 2028 Election thread. I feel like they're setting a Mayo Pete POTUS run nicely with him being Secretary of Transportation during the most important time in that position's history. It is weird how inconspicuous Kamala has been in the administration but not super surprising considering her and Joe weren't best of buds during the primaries.

I don't see anyway Biden doesn't run for reelection barring health issues (which entirely possible given he's damn near 80) or his approval ratings absolutely cratering.

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
He's already said he is running again apparently. https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...79469c-4947-11ec-95dc-5f2a96e00fa3_story.html They have no one ready to take over. Harris has no support outside the DNC. Pete is too center-right to win the primaries I think. Maybe he can adjust by 2028 or things will have changed by then. Most likely the Dems will have some people that aren't super wellknown at the moment come forward by then. They better hope so.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
AOC will be old enough to run by 2028 FWIW.

And yeah, Biden announced he planned on running for re-election in his first month or so of being in his office. Democrats should worry more about midterms than who his successor is going to be!

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Harris is the one person I think Trump would have a slight chance of beating. So, anyone but her.

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score
AOC would get destroyed in an election. She's probably the dream candidate for the GOP. Every possible fear tactic they have in their playbook would apply to her.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
You're probably right but let a man dream for a moment, CWM!

(Realistically though, I honestly believe right now sadly that I won't see a woman elected POTUS in my lifetime. I think internalized misogyny is too entrenched. I hope I'm wrong!)

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Translation: "2020 proved they didn't have to actually try, so why bother putting forth effort next time?"

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
On top of everything else she will be 77 in 3 years. Can we stop running incredibly old people? I mean, does anyone think someone 80 should be leader of the free world?

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score

Some of their complaints are valid tbh, however in general this is pretty pathetic and the complaints are obviously hypocritical for the most part since they didn't really have them until their guys started getting embarrassed all the time.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
I feel like the debates don’t even matter that much at this point. Nobody’s gonna pull a “there you go again, Mr. President” in this day and age, or anything even close to that.

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score
debates have virtually never had a huge impact overall in changing people's mind at least on the POTUS level but it's a further step in eroding democratic institutions and lack of accountability. It's like how they won't do town halls with their constituents or Trump wouldn't do press briefings for huge stretches.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Relatively speaking, even in the already relative short scheme of US history, Presidential debates aren't a firmly entrenched institution. They've only been done every election cycle since 1976 (and even then, Carter skipped one in '80). Granted, Presidential debates weren't event possible for the first 20-25 Presidents and you know what? Idk why I'm even making this stupid straw man argument. Sorry!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I hope Trump does announce he’s running again in the fall cause it would absolutely energize Democrat turnout in the mid-terms.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I hope Trump does announce he’s running again in the fall cause it would absolutely energize Democrat turnout in the mid-terms.
He might announce as soon as September. What a gift for the Democrats. They'd have at least five whole weeks to get the anti MAGA vote out hahah

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Laz

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score
If you read the article some experts point out that for an incumbent president it's a terrible idea to have their own state first but if he's intending to not run it could be very positive to have Delaware first. GIVE IT UP JOE.