Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

21st Century Fantasy Wrestling Draft

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Ah shit Now I might have to have Asuka in the intergender freakshow match cause Shirai was gonna be my opponent for her.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I was really hoping Jay White would make it through one more time.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Yeah, Jay White and Bray were two guys I had ideas for but thought I could continue holding out on.

I see my pick is next... will post in a few minutes because I am trying to pick between a couple I am pretty certain will not make it back to me...

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Alright, gonna go with my gut. A few really solid performers on the board that I want still, some I would consider even more versatile - but this guy from like 2014-2016 was like peak Uber babyface and could match up well with some talent I have and some I’ve yet to pick up. Probably losing a few others I wanted but no way he comes back around to me

sami-zayn-nxt-champion-png-clipart.jpg

Sami Zayn

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
I deliberately took him off of my list after KO was taken, my initial plan to pair Steenerico back up and have them go toe-to-toe with another one of my favorite tag teams, the one that helped introduce them on a wider scale in the first place.

Well, no reason to beat around the bush. He may be a dirty redneck asshole whose politics and opinions are, quite often, despicable, but he's also one hell of a professional wrestler and was a can't miss talent who could've been a bigger star if the company was more competently run. He's been a vicious bastard since Year One, reminding us all that Terry Funk ain't wear no mouth piece. Time to MAN UP, Rottweilers...

e145f492a72ee6edb661adbe2ae9534d--indie-lucha-underground.jpg

JAY BRISCOE (2013)

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Jay Briscoe is a great choice IMO. He was one of my backup plans if someone had taken Bray before me. Briscoes Vs Rhodes could be hell of a brawl. Ahhhh well.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Me and laz keep motherfuckering each other alright lemme check here a bit

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Gonna start adding to my mid card with one of my favorite workers that had his peak cut short due to injury but I feel he’s a good midcard worker who can go up when needed and play both sides of the crowd.

Nigel-e1539830492257.jpg

NIGEL McGUINNESS (2007)

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
I know I'm late but can I Join? I don't need to make a bunch of picks at once, i'll just start one at a time and make up my lost picks at the end with whoever's left.

OG

OG
Reaction score
I'm torn between taking Sasha's opponent and this guy. Even though I don't think I'm at risk of losing him, I don't want to wait much longer because there's really no one else like him I can think of.

D-6AvGeXYAEdUw2.jpg

WALTER (2019-2020)

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Dreaming about maybe matching him up with Mark Henry.

Kensuke Sasaki (2005-2008)

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kensuke was someone that was coming up on my list soon so little sad Tekcop got him.

I'm gonna grab a guy that I'd bet some of the other puroheads are considering and is a real tragic story but he had a fantastic run in the 00's.

L2v0T9e.jpg

Yoshihiro Takayama (01-05/06ish)

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Ah shit I was gonna take Takayama with one of my upcoming picks. Gonna go with my Junior ace instead. This guy gets a bad rep for a pretty bad run in the states but there was a period when he was one of the most exciting wrestlers in the world. I'm gonna take

480b2ca92966f821f37657a3c26e5b0ba3d9bc90_00.jpg

KENTA (2003 to 2008 version)

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
KENTA was definitely on my board for my next pick too. I was going to pick him in his current Bullet Club iteration and have him be Undertaker's second to the ring in the main event so that might've upset some of the puro purists here so probably for the best that Mr. Boylan got him.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm gonna take a risk and sit on the person I am eyeing for Asuka's opponent for a few rounds, so I'll take someone who I'm surprised is still around. I think he's been better than a few of the other Puro guys that have been taken before him. He's still very underrated and has been almost constantly great throughout most of the 2001-2020 period except for recent years when he's slowed due to age. I'm gonna take

hqdefault.jpg

Jun Akiyama (The Pro Wrestling NOAH version so 2001 to 2012)

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I do think Akiyama's better than Kensuke and was considering him. But Kensuke (and the whole Sasaki family unit) is one of those wrestlers I have a huge affinity for despite any issues I might have with his work.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
haha you scooped me again. Well speaking of underrated and consistent, I'm going to secure my third pillar,

rKrRa3F.jpg

Akira Taue (noah run up to 2007ish)

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm gonna take one of the best brawlers and personalities in wrestling history.

12643250_f520.jpg

LA Park (2001-2005 when he was still in great shape.)

OG

OG
Reaction score
I'm passing up some more surefire guys but this dude gives me lots of potential directions to go in.

1024px-TNA_Champion_Bully_Ray.jpg

Bully Ray (2013)

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Nice choice. Bully Ray (and I was going to pick him in that era too) was going to be my choice if someone had taken Bray before me. Fact that he hasn't changed that gimmick since kind of deludes the fact that he was one of the best heels in North America for a year or two in the early 2010s.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah Bully was on my list for being a great heel and as a tag team backup option.