Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

21st Century Fantasy Wrestling Draft

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Well now you just gotta wait. Can’t rush excellence while I juggle which 2000s ROH act I want.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think I know who you want to take next so I’ll leave him on the table

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
My next pick is a big motherfucker that can work and as we have seen now, can cut a fucking promo. I envision having him and Nigel beat the fuck outta each other.

drew_rumble.PNG

DREW McINTYRE (2020)

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
...you're a good man, Hawk.

Y'all know who I'm nabbing next, because the Rottweilers vs. DEM BOYS needs to have its Redneck Kung Fu little brother that doesn't mind taking stupid fucking bumps.

jay-briscoe-mark-briscoe-best-in-the-world-16-the-briscoe-brothers-ring-of-honor-png-favpng-DNEBW4J7gwi9tfQHW7RL2iV03.jpg

MARK BRISCOE (2016)

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Alright, I’ve waited on this guy long enough. Utility player that could job in the opener or main event and still fit in. Heel or babyface, I have my preferences but he can do both. Take him now and figure out how I plug him in later

christian_jay_reso-400x500.jpg

Christian

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Alright. Time to start my women's division before the depth really starts to thin out. A couple years ago, a lot of people thought she could be the female John Cena. While her talent hasn't quite translated onto the main roster, there's a good chance that her best days could still be ahead of her. Also I feel like my roster is filled with a lot of serious, glowering types and we could use a basic, bright and happy babyface. And a few years ago, she was the happiest of happy babyfaces. Taking the last of the NXT Four Horsewomen on the board...

Glasgow-Bayley.jpg

Bayley (2015-16 NXT Champion era)

Reaction score
I would like another big time face of a different mold. He’s an established main eventer who had his moments in his 2003 run. Would’ve had a better WWE first year if it weren’t for Triple H. I also have a few matchups I’m excited about.

source.gif

Goldberg

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow I'm actually gonna get the two people I wanted to get. Firstly Io Shirai needs an opponent with name value. So I'm going to go with

*insert any good picture here*

Lita

Secondly I will take a wrestler who was in the best singles match I've seen in person.

NJPW-Dragon-Lee.jpg

Dragon Lee

Reaction score
At one point he was thought to be a future great. His brutal style will bring some hard hitting action to my fed, and he complements many of my picks.

7e15cf74e817f8fd3741eec722a3361584a27bff.gif

Takeshi Morishima

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This might be toughest pick so far. My instinct is to go with the guy I'm 100% sure will be gone by the time I'm up next time over the guy that fits into storyline I've already started but seeing Goldberg go off the board makes me think the guy that fits with my storylines might be gone too. So for the sake of story, I'm going with Goldberg's WrestleMania opponent for my next pick. Bray Wyatt is going to call up some members of his own family to battle the Rhodes....

braun-strowman-696x392.jpg

BRRRRRRRRRRAUUUUUNNNNNN STROWMAN
(2018 version)

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
That’s how I felt with Drew and Braun recently. Almost picked someone else first but then was overcome with Rick.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Bernie Bro Kamala said:
I'm glad I pulled the trigger on my Braun pick when I did cause once Billy G went off the board, I realized he might not be around another round.

You could always of picked the other Billy G still on the board.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
i sense sarcasm, he would have been drafted by me already. oh well he was even better in the 20th century.

my dad who never watches wrestling loves that theme, fwiw

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
That theme is awesome and a Billy Gunn solo run would work so much better now than it would back then. Hot take: Gunn is a better worker than a lot of the WWE ME scene from the past several years.

It's time to break from my cycle of tough MFers and focus on a heat magnet, somebody who can get people foaming at the mouth in this era of "smart fans" galore. He's an underrated talent in the ring, beyond being the best pure heel the industry has seen in nigh 20 years. He's been a major highlight of the independent scene for the last 4 years, MLW for the last 3, and AEW since Dynamite started, he's your friend and mine...

MJF-Maxwell-Jacob-Friedman-A.jpg

MAXWELL JACOB FRIEDMAN

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Adding to my midcard with an excellent worker that I enjoy. He was wildly versatile as a performer and went a lot of ways as a character.

240px-Daniels_02_tna_2010.JPG

CHRISTOPHER DANIELS (2005-2007 era)

OG

OG
Reaction score
A lot of potential options on the board so this might be a reach but I really don't want to lose what's left of my marquee tag team (also a potentially great singles guy). Plus, some much needed levity to the card.

123.png

Big E (2017)

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I think it's finally time I take my favorite wrestler ever. Someone who's smooth as butter, can have wild brawls, and throw classic AJPW level bombs. By the turn of the millennium, he's lost a step, but still one of the all time greats.

imago-157074.jpg

El Hijo Del Santo (2001)