Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

AEW in Summer 2024- Summer in Cowboy Country

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Word is the Lucha Brothers are leaving AEW for WWE.

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
You know what? Good for them. WWE will force Penta to calm down on the taunting and get back to fucking work, and Rey Fenix is just the fucking man anyway.

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I’m bummed out by that news, but I don’t blame them. They’ve done pretty much everything they were going to do in AEW, and the tag division has become an afterthought for the promotion over the past year or so. That, in itself, is frustrating because AEW’s tag division was one of its biggest strengths in the company’s early years.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They’ve been lost in the shuffle for awhile anyways seemingly only allowed to do trios matches again and again.

I’m not blowing them like a lot of others do for these guys but TK either decided he was tired of playing with them and put them on the shelf or didn’t trust them long term which he was probably right to do.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
One or the other was injured at basically all times so how could he ever push them as a tag team? AEW's tag division is definitely not at the level it was and I've been happy to shit on teams like The Bucks and Acclaimed for being super stale. But I think Fenix in particular has probably spent at least a year combined on the injured list.

I check WWE's results and still see the occasional PPV and it's division is basically non-existent. The Men's Tag Titles have been defended on I think 2 of the main roster ppvs this year. Most established teams have either been broken up, taken off tv, or split up. I see no reason to think Lucha Bros will do anything but feud with other Latino workers endlessly.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

The most complete version of this whole thing and it really makes Britt look terrible.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
TK says flight cancellations are causing issues for talents to make it to show tonight.

Time for the 2 hr Daddy Jeff and Brother Bryan classic.

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
MJF tweeted yesterday that he couldn’t get a flight so he was driving 10 1/2 hours to make the show.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
So, reports are that Penta has been telling people they're going to WWE for months. However, word is that if he wants to that TK can add around a year to Fenix's deal due to injury time.

Gonna be interesting to see what Tony does here.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I'm probably more into the Toni/Mariah stuff than I've been into anything in years. Summer Of Punk days at least.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Mick Foley revealed his retirement death match was gonna be against MJF. They had 6 weeks of tv planned for it before Mick got the concussion issue.