Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

AEW in Summer 2024- Summer in Cowboy Country

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
HARDCORE LEGEND MORE LIKE SOFTCORE DIPSHIT AMIRITE I WOULD SAY YOU CANT LACE MY BOOTS BUT THEN AGAIN YOU CANT BEND OVER TO LACE YOURS EITHER SHIT FOLEY

Staff member
Reaction score
MJF is probably great to be programmed with because you can say anything to him and nothing's off limits. He ain't gonna get all upset and shit.

Epic for the Summer

Epic Reine
Reaction score
They gotta run Danielson/McGuiness once more. I don't think they should do it on PPV but the main event of a Dynamite seems nice.

Staff member
Reaction score
Considering Swerve has HEAVILY implied that HHH was racist towards him, then yeah of course they have a problem with it.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
I’m glad he’s getting paid but if he doesn’t want to go back to WWE because of racism and WWE doesn’t think he’s worth main event money then he shouldn’t have the leverage to make Tony back up the truck. These salaries will be a problem for AEW even if the new TV deal doubles their revenue.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
until dad turns off the credit card, it won’t be a problem for Tony

This wasn’t a leverage play either, TK is all about flexing when he can overpay for talent regardless of “deserved” or not.

It is a sign of power that he can and will pay over the board without a second thought.

Staff member
Reaction score
until dad turns off the credit card, it won’t be a problem for Tony

This wasn’t a leverage play either, TK is all about flexing when he can overpay for talent regardless of “deserved” or not.

It is a sign of power that he can and will pay over the board without a second thought.
Yeah and he's not ever gonna do that

He bought at least one of those two sports teams to make Tony happy. Probably both of them. It's pretty cool that the guy is super rich and instead of using his money to fuck people over he uses his money to make one person happy.

Epic for the Summer

Epic Reine
Reaction score
CM Punk was fired one year ago today. Ignoring ratings and attendance, can we all admit that he was rightfully let go? Both parties are in much better places now.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Yes.

Although part of me will always wonder where the business would be today if Punk and the Elite had settled their issues in the Spring of 2022 and Punk didn't jump off that ramp in LA.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
All Out is shaping up to be really good

Bryan Vs Jack Perry
Will Vs PAC
Hangman Vs Swerve IN THE CAGE
MJF Vs Garcia
Willow Vs Statlander (I hope this is the blowoff)
Mercedes Vs Shida

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If you care about the turnstile number for Wembley for whatever reason, and really you shouldn’t unless you aren’t a grown adult person with any measure of a life but if that is who you identify as, the number was 46,476.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm so glad these kind of numbers and statistics were either less readily available or just not as big a topic for most of the time I've been online because it's mind numbing. The more people like Dave and others analyze ratings and attendance the more I move into just wanting to enjoy the product and not worrying about that. I like to hear my backstage drama still sure but as long as the companies aren't going anywhere then I don't care about this business stuff really.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
AEW is a real big boy company now. Time for frivolous lawsuits.

A lawsuit has been filed against them and Ian Riccaboni by former “talents”, Brendan and Brandon Tate (The Boys) and Kevin Kelly to void the arbitration clause of their contracts and for monetary damages for defamation. They will be represented by @Dandy good pal, Stephen P New.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
I'm shocked that Big Swole didn't go this route years ago. That tweet from TK should've been a goldmine for her.

We actually had a similar situation at my company where a manager disparaged the work ethic of an employee that was let go on social media and that employee ending up getting 2 years pay out of it.

The actual owner on a much larger platform tweeting something like he did about Swole would've been big bucks. Unless something was settled under the table.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Something big must be in mind for All Out since there is no shot this is a blowoff. Go for it. I'm also way behind on AEW currently so I hope it continues since All Out overall could not feel less like a ppv outside of Swerve/Hangman.

The Swerve era of Hangman is the best and I never want him to change, unless it's just more old school deranged

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Also terrible booking by AEW there, Swerve buys a house and he didn’t even use Real Estate Steve?

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
How managers in wrestling are supposed to be.

Managers like Ellering, Cornette and many others weren’t kayfabe managers, they also handled their talent’s legitimate business as well.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
He tweeted about Kevin Kelly and his political views.
I don't think he even tweeted about it did he? He made some references in a Discord chat and people blew it up.

This whole thing is obviously a gigantic nothing. Kevin Kelly got fired because he was terrible. Ian didn't even replace him. Nigel did and he's a billion times better. The Boys got released for good reasons too and they were a huge waste of space.

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score
The only thing in that suit worth anything is the independent contractor stuff and I feel like TK will settle before that part ever goes to trial.