Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Boxing Thread

Staff member
Reaction score
Saunders had a full orbital bone blowout. Those two idiots who kept talking about him being a quitter should be ashamed of themselves.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Saunders had a full orbital bone blowout. Those two idiots who kept talking about him being a quitter should be ashamed of themselves.
I guess I have a little less sympathy for Saunders considering his previous quotes on those types of stoppages but, yeah, the commentators were dum dums, regardless.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Nery vs Figueroa starts around midnight which will make it harder to watch the UFC fights I actually want to. Might have to catch the boxing tomorrow, we’ll need to make some ground rules in chat for spillers because I’m sure I’m not the only one who won’t watch both.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
MMA always takes precedence over boxing for me so I'll probably be chatting about that live. I'm not sure I'll be around, though.

Staff member
Reaction score
These two guys on this undercard are beating the dog turd out of each other.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It seemed like as soon as Fury/Joshua got greenlit for August a judge ruled in favor of Wilder that his third match with Fury needed to be honored by September. Soooo, basically Fury/Joshua is off and now we get Fury v Wilder III, although it wouldn't surprise me if this got dragged out with no fight beyond September.

Reaction score
It seemed like as soon as Fury/Joshua got greenlit for August a judge ruled in favor of Wilder that his third match with Fury needed to be honored by September. Soooo, basically Fury/Joshua is off and now we get Fury v Wilder III, although it wouldn't surprise me if this got dragged out with no fight beyond September.

Triple Threat match

Staff member
Reaction score

It's best to set it ASAP because then Wilder can't get out of it without losing his right to a rematch.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Great to see some of these superfights starting to get confirmed. Hopefully the promoters will continue to take advantage of the eager market & put some more of these together.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Joshua has been forced to defend against Usyk. I actually like this matchup, creates a final four with the other big heavyweight matchup. But just like Tommy Rich and that Georgia titlein 81, don’t be surprised if Ruiz comes in as a wild card and wins it all.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
rewatching Floyd vs corrales and I don’t think people appreciate how good an offensive fighter Floyd was. If you only saw his fights when he was old facing the best I can see it. But the combination of quickness, power and the IQ to land is some of the best I’ve ever seen.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That was his greatest fight. Of course, his motivation for that match has since become grotesquely ironic. But that was, like Ali-Williams, Tyson-Berbick, Tapia-Romero, etc, an example of an all time great being at his absolute best.

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't care what the scorecards are gonna say. Anderson beat that motherfucker to a pulp lirl

Staff member
Reaction score
DO BRAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
You, I, and any number of posters here could probably handle junior and I'd put money on it.

But even today I wouldn't make believe spar with the old man for anything less than six figures.

Staff member
Reaction score
This is an amazing fight here. I dunno how many guys can last the full 12 with Tank. Maybe a handful. I'd love to see him fight Josh Taylor.

Last edited: