Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Hollywood Under Fire For Sexual Assault

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Louis CK winning a Grammy in the year 2022 and we're still gonna have to hear about how cancel culture is ruining our society

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I’m surprised Bill Murray getting MeToo’d didn’t happen earlier considering every story about him in past 20 years is him suddenly showing up in a random location with a bunch of drunk people half (if not a third at this point) his age.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
I’m surprised Bill Murray getting MeToo’d didn’t happen earlier considering every story about him in past 20 years is him suddenly showing up in a random location with a bunch of drunk people half (if not a third at this point) his age.
Even more so than that, every celebrity encounter involving Bill Murray that I've heard of involved him randomly dropping in somewhere, doing something unexpected, saying, "no one will ever believe you," and then walking away.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6

Hopefully this doesn't hurt the new Wonder Years. As someone who hates everything, I find the new series to be charming, if not exactly "Ha Ha" funny. A new producer/director can kill this vibe pretty fast.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Hopefully this doesn't hurt the new Wonder Years. As someone who hates everything, I find the new series to be charming, if not exactly "Ha Ha" funny. A new producer/director can kill this vibe pretty fast.
DY1Jn1qW0AASoFp.jpg

We should have known

Staff member
Reaction score

I wrote this much cause I had a ton of nervous energy during the Game 5 of Kings-Oilers intermission and I needed to fill 15 minutes doing something.

Tbh this is a huge pile of jack shit and this is coming from the guy who immediately called Jingus out for being a pervert when he told his story about the beach. Nothing listed here is grooming. Creepy and power imbalance yes, and the guy is a loser too, but these are adult women who chose to hang out with this guy. I will also post this from their story:

As for our story: if it has a moral, we don’t yet know what it is. Maybe we never will. The point of writing it is not to start a witch hunt directed at Cary, or any one man. We will never even know for sure what his intentions were. We only know what happened and how it made us feel.

Um......

These are three young adult women who decided to hang out with a loser, and yeah he is a fucking loser, but they made a choice to do so and it's not like this guy captured them and made them come with him places. It's perfectly reasonable for them to have regrets but when you start a witch hunt and make accusations you don't get to turn around and say that wasn't what you were doing. And maybe for good reason there should be a witch hunt but it isn't anything written in these articles. We do have a societal issue where lots of young women are for some reason into much older dudes, and much older dudes are into young women because of how they look, but I don't think articles like this are going to solve these issues the way people think they will.

I also don't care much for the double standard where if you infantilize a woman in certain contexts it's ok but if you step in the mud in some other kind of way you're not respecting a woman's independence. At some point you have to pick which is right and which is wrong. The two twins are adult women who hung out with a creepy guy knowing that he had sexual intentions. They were okay with that until they weren't, and that's cool. One of the twins told him they didn't want to hang out anymore and he didn't even attempt to contact them again. The woman who was his girlfriend knows she shouldn't have been with this guy and has regrets. Like I said this guy is a loser. That's what happened here.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
Now if Ben Savage is accused of misconduct then put me out of my misery.
The documentary An Open Secret has a scene where Ben meets with notorious pedo Marc Collins-Rector (founder of the Digital Entertainment Network and host of a bunch of parties where teen boys got turned out by Hollywood pervs) who gropes Ben's ass and tells him "your buddy's here - Mr. Huffington" (this is likely Michael Huffington, ex-husband of Arianna) and Ben says "I'm very excited." Ben would have been around 19 or so at the time so I'm not going to put him the sus list along with MCR's other friends like Bryan Singer and David Geffen but still - it's something.

EDIT: 45 minute mark

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
MV5BM2ZjNjdjZWEtMDQyOC00N2Q3LTg3NTUtN2UzMDkwMjVlZjBjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkwMjg5NQ@@._V1_.jpg

lmao holy shit

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I didn't think we'd reach the point where Kevin Spacey and Eric Roberts would share the screen but here we are.

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He was in that Edgar Wright movie from last year, which hey, the film sucked but whatever, some people like doing work now and then, but jeez, this? (I have absolutely no inside knowledge about Stamp's financials but I hope he still only acts occasionally because he loves doing it and not because he's hard up for money.)