Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Kamala's Random WCW Bullshit thread

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
We were looking for the Bob Backlund Vs Terry Funk match from right before Backlund's WWF comeback. We covered the Juggalo Championshit Wrestling show for a We Watch Shitty Wrestling Club.

Toss in BroomHilda who is peeking around the corner and you have yourself a heck of a Saturday night.

Does anyone actually remember the comic BroomHilda?

Edit: Is that Boogie Man with a glass table behind them?

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I maintain the Robocop shit isn't that bad. It's all less than five minutes on a pretty stacked show. Didn't hurt anything or anyone.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I maintain the Robocop shit isn't that bad. It's all less than five minutes on a pretty stacked show. Didn't hurt anything or anyone.
Depends on the context. 1989 NWA/WCW was still "Where we wrestle!" trying to counter the WWF cartoon. 1990 they said F it and made the Dean of Wrestling Announcers sell for a ManBorg.

Now post Dick Slater dressed as a gorilla in 1984 and I'll nod my head in defeat.

Valeyard

Reaction score
And I'm sure Solie was defeated as he went to cash the check.

It's not not even five minutes. If people were that betrayed at five minutes of bullshit, they must've been livid when Norman the Lunatic showed up.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don’t think the concept of RoboCop was necessarily bad but much like Chamber of Horrors the production was so bad there was no suspension of disbelief just “this shit looks stupid” because the cage doors were clearly opening.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I'd argue it's less harmful to anyone than the Ding Dongs ever were.

I love Capitol Combat, though. First WCW show I watched where I understood what made Flair, Luger, the RNR, Midnights, etc. so great. There's so much great stuff that Robocop is just a minor blip. Gonzalez debuting and making the Horsemen run while he looks like sasquatch in baby clothes that didn't even DO anything hurt everyone more.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
When did these old school territories start including wrestling bears? 1960s? 40s?

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score
It's Bleacher Report so take that for what it's worth but according to this argument wrestler vs. bear dates back to Thiebaud Bauer vs. Martin in December 1877. That doesn't include fairs and carnivals with wrestling bears before that.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Lincoln beat a bear for the NWA title in Springfield, IL in 1849.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I’m glad Jim Herd didn’t know this. I feel like Donny Osmond is exactly the type of celebrity they would have brought in for 1991 WCW had they known he was a fan.

Firebreaker Chip and Todd Champion entering to “Soldier of Love” could’ve been kind of cool though.

Edit- I misread this but Donny & Marie definitely had wrestlers on their late ‘90s daytime talk show.

Last edited:

Valeyard

Reaction score
Him more than her. Like it looks like she's just at a wax museum.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Looks like two people with a lot of surgery and/or makeup next to each other in 2019 to me. But AI tho.

Valeyard

Reaction score
What surgery gives Mormon funsters lightbulbesque heads?

She looks normal, he looks uncanny. I like it for reasons that don't exist.