Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Kamala's Random WCW Bullshit thread

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Even without the leg break, I don't think he would have been someone WWF was clamoring to go after once WCW went under. I think best case scenario is he gets Scott Steiner's spot in early '03.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I think he'd be exactly who they want: a WWF guy who has always been super over and willing to lose. Sid stays healthy, he becomes one of the faces of the Alliance and probably sends Booker firmly into the midcard by November.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think he'd be exactly who they want: a WWF guy who has always been super over and willing to lose. Sid stays healthy, he becomes one of the faces of the Alliance and probably sends Booker firmly into the midcard by November.
Idk. By the early ‘00s, I feel like WWF was less tolerant of guys like SID who took their (soft)ball and went home whenever things didn’t go his way.

It’s pretty damning IMO that during the height of the Monday Night Wars from late ‘97 through early ‘99, neither of the big two were willing to take a flier on SID. WCW only brought him back when they were in their desperate “What do we do what do we do?” summer of ‘99 free fall.

I say this as someone who loves SID. Even the Millennium Man era!

Last edited:

Valeyard

Reaction score
I could definitely see Sid being jobbed out for any of this stupid Sidisms but immediately get pushed back up the card like nothing happened as soon as that time passed. It would have been totally accepted too since he's Sid. Basically he would be an over version of what Big Show ended up being. Whether he'd last past the Rumble in 2002 is another thing, though.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Sid absolutely would have gotten another shot in WWE had he not shattered his leg. However, I don't think it'll be too long until Sid does Sid things and is quickly dismissed.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I could see him getting multiple (brief) runs if he's healthy. I could see him in Steiner's place in '03. I could also seeing them panic hiring him during one of the rushes of horrible injuries Smackdown! had seemingly once a year in the mid '00s.

IMAGINE SID IN THE PUNJABI PRISON!

I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT BAMBOO IS BUT I'M GOING TO KILL YOU UNDERTAKER!

Valeyard

Reaction score
Sid is absolutely brought in when Austin bails. Maybe he lasts until 2003, but I think it depends on his reaction to the inevitable request to put Brock over. He's definitely back by 2004-05 to eat an RKO for at least two months. Hell he could show up again when Goldberg and Brock leave and they need a big dude.

Won't lie: Kane/Sid sounds like a fucking mess I wish I was part of.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'll counter with a legend of the week gimmick for Tito, Valentine, Snuka etc to face a mid card geek in a 3 min challenge.

@King of Summer Kamala : "Brody WCW had Valentine under contract!"
Greg Valentine's late '90s WCW run was electric.

(How many wrestlers used The Hollywood Blondes theme?)

Also bet most of you didn't know Renegade had a run as surly C/D show heel.

They should've put Renegade in The Flock tbh.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I've always hoped someone would bring Jimmy Hart in just for music. He's a wrestling music genius and has barely aged since 1997.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Goldberg is the guest on the 900th episode of Talk is Jericho, talking about their IRL feud (and I'm assuming their aborted WCW feud will come up too).