Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

KISS Dorks

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think they’ve said they’re going to keep doing the cruise and smaller (presumably unmasked?) shows but this is their final tour with the “full KISS stage show”. I can believe it. They’re in their 70s (and the replacements are in their 60s) and even with their heavily doctored backing vocals and tracks and all of the roadies doing the grunt work, it’s got to be a slog standing onstage for 50-100 nights a year wearing all of that heavy costume and makeup. I genuinely think they aren’t going to be physically able to do it after this year.

Unless they get a stadium package tour offer then they’re probably back in business, baby.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Gene Simmons Band seems surprisingly kickass. I’d see them or probably any of the KISS members do a solo project if the price was right.

KISS show I saw in 2016 was so tired and mediocre that I don’t think I would go see the band again unless they were playing with someone really really good (IE not a speed painter) or the tickets were cheap. Preferably free.

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Stanley revealed that Presley’s daughter, Lisa Marie, quickly became a Kiss fan. “I’m surprised … she didn’t say something to Elvis,” he added. “Because Elvis would have had a meeting with them … ‘Let me introduce you guys to my daughter.’”

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Dee can’t win with weighing in on Paul Stanley, @Springtime for Epic

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
You pumped to hear Jericho, Corey Taylor and some other dude discuss Music From “The Elder”, @Springtime for Epic ?

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
You pumped to hear Jericho, Corey Taylor and some other dude discuss Music From “The Elder”, @Springtime for Epic ?
I love that album, I will probably (forget to) listen to this at some point.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
From the description, it sounds like "LOL this album is bad and weird." burial but Crazy Nights is one of Chris Jericho's favorite KISS albums so maybe he comes to The Elder's defense!

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
How about it @Springtime for Epic @Mickey Massuco

“Read My Body” and something from Carnival of Souls should have made the list. I feel like the collaboration with that J-pop group and Gene’s cover of “When You Wish Upon A Star” shouldn’t count. That’s like including “Fourfiveseconds” and Wings’ cover of “Mary Had a Little Lamb” on the list of weirdest Beatles songs.

Idk what is especially weird about “My Way” either.