Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

MAGA Chuds Storm Capitol Building to stop Electoral College vote

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Yeah, day labor and manual labor tends to be harder work than people sitting in desks do. I think I articulated very poorly I wasn’t taking shots at what someone does for a living. The point was it seemed weird to say former supermarket worker and then talk about random tasks he does now, which I think is to highlight he doesn’t live by a schedule, allowing him to join mobs in domestic terrorsim. To me it seems weirdly structured for someone who is paid to right professionally. I expect most of my daily incoherent non-sequiturs to come from reading posts on this board.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
There's probably a little more to that story. Laborers do important work and are rarely if ever fairly compensated for what they do/make/fix. Chimney repair technicians are probably in high demand in, you know, January. It seems odd to just leave that behind for a few days (or years depending on any charges that may happen) and fly to DC on a stupid whim.

The more likely thing: that's not a working class person. It's probably the kind of person who works when they want to, for example: very rarely. It's probably the kind of person whose parents bought them a "starter home." In short, I'd bet money that it's a privileged, spoiled, dumbfuck boy that wouldn't know a chimney from his own asshole.

It wasn't poor or working class (or rural, etc) people buying plane tickets, assault weapons, and viking helmets to riot and kill people at the Capitol. It was privileged white garbage who've had everything given to them their whole lives, just like their god emperor.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
At risk of sounding like Seinfeld here, has that Bloomberg writer SEEN some people who work at the supermarket? I think if we pitted a group of day laborers against a group of supermarket workers in a quiz, it'd be a close contest.

(Calling essential workers dumb during a pandemic. I'm Heel Kamala today)

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
EDIT - I thought B-Shoes was referring to himself here, which now that I think about it prob isn't correct.
I was referring to the author. Obviously we can see from my last few posts I can’t get my words out well enough to get paid to be a writer. I was also flustered because while thinking I was coming off bad in this thread, I had someone cut a Sid promo on me in another thread that I was too confused to understand, let alone respond to without seeming like I was picking a fight, so I was all kinda of fired up. I don’t recall ever screwing up “right” and “write” in my life before now and am legit ashamed.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
After briefly finding his spine following the Trump mob literally trying to kill him, Pence has returned to bitch mode. I am certain that he thinks refusing to remove Trump from office was the right thing for his political ambitions. I think his political calculator is broken and he's just screwed his own future.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Tbh I'd probably do day labor than work in the grocery store during the pandemic. In normal times, depending on what kind of day labor it is, it can be either a massive downgrade or upgrade to stocking dairy products.
I'm not sure you guys can appreciate what an awful place Walmart is to work at. The WM reddit confirms all stores are run with the same issues and the shit show is a feature, not a bug.
I should have my house paid off around summer, and then maybe I'll snoop around for a "real" job so I can at least not feel I have to use heavy sarcasm whenever I discuss where I work with a stranger.
I do have a month+ of vacation each year and Fri/Sat off, so I may still talk myself into suffering for my sins of not using my college degree.
Maybe I'll celebrate 40 with a long walk off a short pier.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure you guys can appreciate what an awful place Walmart is to work at.
My five months at Wal-Mart before I started school a couple of years back was the worst working experience of my life. I've had my fair share of shit jobs, but I've never been treated with such disrespect at a job as I was there.

Dandy

Reaction score
Surely the Secret Service would have killed anyone posing an immediate threat to physically accosting the VP though. It’s not like they showed him a hallway to walk down and then left. Right?

I would love a timeline with map that reveals the rioters and key situations. I know we will never get that because it would be a blueprint for future attacks, even if they left out anything to do with where people were moved to, especially the VP and Speaker. However, I am extremely curious at there being a rioter fatally shot in the neck as they tried entering the chamber and then several minutes later there being a couple of dozen rioters inside the chamber.

I guess once everyone was removed, security just left with them and allowed the chamber to be breached. I just want to see how far away and at what times each entry point was being threatened. There is video of the cop being crushed in the door. Was that simultaneous with people entering through broken windows? Before? After? A timeline would be great.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Surely the Secret Service would have killed anyone posing an immediate threat to physically accosting the VP though. It’s not like they showed him a hallway to walk down and then left. Right?

I would love a timeline with map that reveals the rioters and key situations. I know we will never get that because it would be a blueprint for future attacks, even if they left out anything to do with where people were moved to, especially the VP and Speaker. However, I am extremely curious at there being a rioter fatally shot in the neck as they tried entering the chamber and then several minutes later there being a couple of dozen rioters inside the chamber.

I guess once everyone was removed, security just left with them and allowed the chamber to be breached. I just want to see how far away and at what times each entry point was being threatened. There is video of the cop being crushed in the door. Was that simultaneous with people entering through broken windows? Before? After? A timeline would be great.

Here's a layout, but not with times.