Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

MMA General Discussion 2020

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
You're telling me that dude had 17 fights a year, on average, for 23 years?

41 fights in 1998 alone. He’d often do multiple fights in a night or fights in back to back days for different promotions. Hell of an MMA trailblazer. But a trash human, and I’m glad he’s dead.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
At first glance, I would say that Miesha Tate being a slight favorite against Marion Reneau, despite not having fought in nearly five years, should tell you everything you need to know about Marion Reneau. And yet, the fact that Marion Reneau has been fighting steadily since January of 2016, and only has two more wins than Miesha Tate has over that span of time, somehow says even more.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Reaction score
So, Marion Reneau retires with a professional record of 9-8-1. She won her first two fights in the UFC, and then went 3-7-1, after that... How did she keep getting booked?

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
So, Marion Reneau retires with a professional record of 9-8-1. She won her first two fights in the UFC, and then went 3-7-1, after that... How did she keep getting booked?
Real question was why was she ranked? She had lost 4 straight coming in to this one. I get that the female divisions are slim outside of 115, but goddamn.

Nice to see Cupcake back.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Reaction score
Happier that Maverick lost than I am that Barber won. I don't know enough about mma to be able to tell whether Barber fought well enough to earn that win. I just know that, when I saw Maverick's corner drape an American flag behind her, when she was fighting another American, I immediately wanted her to lose.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Happier that Maverick lost than I am that Barber won. I don't know enough about mma to be able to tell whether Barber fought well enough to earn that win. I just know that, when I saw Maverick's corner drape an American flag behind her, when she was fighting another American, I immediately wanted her to lose.
Ehh. That didn’t bother me. Flag seems like more of a prop than anything these days. Yeah thought, judges fucked Maverick pretty roughly in that one. She won the first two rounds. Seemed clear.

Last edited:

Mr. S£im Citrus

Reaction score
Ehh. That didn’t bother me. Flag seems like more of a prop than anything these days. Yeah thought, judges fucked Maverick pretty roughly in that one. She won the first two rounds. Seemed clear.
I can't remember the flag ever not being a prop. The difference is that it seems to me that the people using it as a prop nowadays want to communicate something very specific. And I want nothing but the most frustrating, embarrassing failure possible, for those people.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think that Sandhagen deserved to win the fight more then TJ did but I'm not really that upset over the result, Cory took his foot off the gas way too often and allowed himself to get backed up and clinched too much which I think played into the judges scoring.

The Maverick fight being a 2-1 UD in her favor along with Phillips getting a 10-8 across the board for Round 1 are way, way worse calls though. Those fights were legit robberies.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
B502B540-EA77-411D-8ED9-89D2022F46EC.jpeg

while not a direct reply to Khabib’s handle, it took him two weeks for this comeback on Khabib’s father that passed from COVID.

people on Twitter seem to be finally catching on that this guy really is an asshole.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Just in case anybody needs a reminder Patricio Pitbull vs AJ McKee on Saturday night is one of the best fights in Bellator history and you should 100% watch that show instead of the pile of goo that the UFC is rolling out.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Just in case anybody needs a reminder Patricio Pitbull vs AJ McKee on Saturday night is one of the best fights in Bellator history and you should 100% watch that show instead of the pile of goo that the UFC is rolling out.
Yeah, I don't know why I thought it was Friday night -- I guess the past few Bellators being on that day threw me off.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Nunes has COVID, title fight with Pena is off the card next Saturday. Huge blow to that lineup because now it's Gane/Lewis for a fake interim belt as the only title fight on the card.

FWIW it sounds like the vast majority of Brazilian fighters in the UFC have not or will not get vaccinated. That's going to be a big issue going forward.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6

Dana-White-Money-643x370.jpg

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Couldn’t help but feel a little embarrassed watching The UFC selling Hall as a fearsome contender for beating two former champions; a washed Anderson Silva, and a nearly as washed Weidman, who broke his own leg with the first strike he threw. No surprise seeing Strickland just walk him down and bully for 25 minutes.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Reaction score
So... is it considered sportsmanship that Menifeld took it easy on Herman in that third round? Because I think I'd find that to be patronizing, if it was me.