Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Movie teasers, trailers and titillating talk!!

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kraven looks awful and is going to be a complete bomb. Venom made money because 1. Venom the character is popular. 2. The dynamic of Eddie and the symbiote fighting with each other allowed it to be funny (mileage varying) 3. Tom Hardy is great.

No one cares about Morbius or Kraven in a solo movie and making them the stars of their own movies just doesn't make sense. Trying to make Kraven an anti-hero is just weird as well.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
The trailer for the new Zendaya movie looks intriguing. There's no chance in hell that I will go to a theater to see it, but intriguing nonetheless.

I also don't believe for a second that critics of the AMPAS' new 'best picture' criteria aren't intentionally misrepresenting the criteria to make it sound as "WOKE HIVE MIND~!!!" as humanly possible.

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah every single movie they make now meets the actual criteria. It’s a big nothing. It’s almost impossible not to meet the actual criteria.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
For those aged 10-14, Good Boys had that effect as well to a smaller extent

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Me: it's unfair to form an opinion about a movie you haven't seen based solely on a trailer. Trailers often don't do justice to the films they're advertising.

Also me: Timothée Chalamet is a mediocre talent and I feel comfortable writing this movie off based on that trailer.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
With the recent passing of Pee Wee Herman, Joe Blo did a retrospective on "Pee Wee's Big Adventure".
I was not expecting that such a sprint of madness of a movie actually had some real depth behind it.
The basic idea of the movie was taken from the Disney live action movie "Pollyanna", where a young girl has her always high spirits tested by the nasties of the world.
Then the plot about the stolen bike came from an Italian film from the 50s called "The Bike Thief"
I had just figured Ruebens, Phil Hartman and Tim Burton did a bunch of cocaine and let their imagination go wild.

Danny Elfman also took inspiration from famous movie scenes as he wrote the music for each scene. The only one I can recall off hand is that one intense score was inspired by the music that was playing when the Wicked Witch of the West was in human form and riding her bike towards Dorothy's farm.

Love this movie even more now.