Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Movie teasers, trailers and titillating talk!!

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I wonder who they get to play The Kurrgan. Cavill is huge and really physically imposing, so I wonder if they get a Dave Bautista type to go against him. Clancy Brown being a lot bigger than Christopher Lambert worked really well for the first movie. Cavill actually would of been a cool choice as Kurrgan, but I'm excited to see how he does as Conor MacLeod.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score

This kind of looks fun in a really stupid way. Might be more entertaining than a lot of comedy sequels that take place years after the original (Zoolander 2, Bad Santa 2, Super Troopers 2, Dumb And Dumberer, etc). Kel looks to have not lost a step and Kenan has always been a fantastic straight man to his antics. Nice to see Lori Beth Denberg and Josh Server in the cast as well. It's a shame that Sinbad is in bad shape now, because he was on fire in the first one and it would've been fun to see where his character ended up.

I rewatched the first a few months back for the first time since I was a child and was laughing a lot more than I expected. I'm normally not a fan of Ska, but the Ska soundtrack was a lot of fun and really made the movie stand out. I hope they bring it back for this one.

Last edited:

Epic for the Summer

Epic Reine
Reaction score
The first one is dumb, stupid fun. I'm glad this is going straight to streaming just first fans.

Looks like Gronk will be the Shaq of this one.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score

If I were ever going to watch a movie that's not a CBM, it'd be this. But, I don't have Netflix, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EDIT - The Streets are telling me that this isn't actually a movie, but a series. That just goes to show how disconnected from non-CB media I am.

Last edited:

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Don't know where else to post this, but I really enjoyed this comedy and, I'm glad it's finding an audience on streaming. It's a flop in theaters, but it's doing amazing numbers on Netflix.

https://deadline.com/2023/11/friend...-no-hard-feelings-nielsen-ratings-1235641723/

I imagine the minutes that were the most viewed were during the around 2 minute scene where Jennifer Lawrence shows full frontal nudity. But, this shows that sex still sells and people want to see some eye candy when they watch hollywood movies. Lawrence also gave one of the most committed performances of the year. She goes all out with the physical comedy, facial expressions, weird gutteral voices, and ability to laugh at herself and be the butt of the joke. The awkward sheltered kid played by Andrew Barth Feldman is also really good, and he gave me Michael Cera in Superbad vibes. Their chemistry makes the movie. But, the problem I had, is that the first half or so is an excellent raunchy sex comedy with Jennifer Lawrence playing a trash person. Then it turns into a rom com where everyone is redeemed in the second half and it is way too serious at points. I miss silly comedies without dramatic scenes. Billy Madison or either Ace Ventura didn't have the serious scenes. It also does have some good Matthew Broderick. I get tired of his shtick pretty quickly, but he's very funny here.

Sony has won this streaming war. They aren't hemorrhaging money like Max, Disney+, Paramount Plus, Peacock etc. They just license movies to Netflix and occasionally other streaming services, and reap the benefits and make money. All at the same time, as they run a gigantically successful video game empire.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
What a run for Sebastian Stan to go from Tommy Lee to Orange Man.

Epic for the Summer

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Don't know where else to post this, but I really enjoyed this comedy and, I'm glad it's finding an audience on streaming. It's a flop in theaters, but it's doing amazing numbers on Netflix.

https://deadline.com/2023/11/friend...-no-hard-feelings-nielsen-ratings-1235641723/

I imagine the minutes that were the most viewed were during the around 2 minute scene where Jennifer Lawrence shows full frontal nudity. But, this shows that sex still sells and people want to see some eye candy when they watch hollywood movies. Lawrence also gave one of the most committed performances of the year. She goes all out with the physical comedy, facial expressions, weird gutteral voices, and ability to laugh at herself and be the butt of the joke. The awkward sheltered kid played by Andrew Barth Feldman is also really good, and he gave me Michael Cera in Superbad vibes. Their chemistry makes the movie. But, the problem I had, is that the first half or so is an excellent raunchy sex comedy with Jennifer Lawrence playing a trash person. Then it turns into a rom com where everyone is redeemed in the second half and it is way too serious at points. I miss silly comedies without dramatic scenes. Billy Madison or either Ace Ventura didn't have the serious scenes. It also does have some good Matthew Broderick. I get tired of his shtick pretty quickly, but he's very funny here.

Sony has won this streaming war. They aren't hemorrhaging money like Max, Disney+, Paramount Plus, Peacock etc. They just license movies to Netflix and occasionally other streaming services, and reap the benefits and make money. All at the same time, as they run a gigantically successful video game empire.

Surprised no one has tried to cancel this film since it's about a 30 year old trying to seduce a 19 year old.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6

Your friend Ted Cruz is in the trailer.\

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
No idea where else to post this, but Jo Koy's Golden Globe's Monologue is the most awkward thing I've seen in a while. Like there are so many Oppenheimer jokes to be made about how big he bombed. The wide shot of the crowd at 3:27 with Selena Gomez and Helen Mirren covering their faces says everything.

Last edited:

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I've never found him funny in the slightest. Guess I'm not alone.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's weirder that they had Jim Gaffigan there to present an award. He probably could deliver a much better monologue. I get that Koy was last minute and was only offered 10 days ago, but Gaffigan is right there.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's weirder that they had Jim Gaffigan there to present an award. He probably could deliver a much better monologue. I get that Koy was last minute and was only offered 10 days ago, but Gaffigan is right there.
There’s almost zero value in hosting these shows. Almost everyone will be criticized for being too edgy or not edgy enough, not being as good as previous hosts.

It’s a unwinnable situation really and theres a reason they still had an opening with 10 days out.

That being said, he was terrible and he deserves the scorn that will be laid upon him by the swifties.

In fact, Taylor was funnier with just her reactions. Just let her dopey star of a podcast and former great football player boyfriend host next year.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Kimmel is perfect for the gig. He's benign and bland enough as host, and knows his limitations. He's also comfortable around the celebs. But, really these shows don't need hosts. They can just have celebs come out and do lame bits like what Kristen Wiig and Will Ferrell did tonight.

Koy's delivery was bad. Does he usually laugh at his own jokes? That's usually one of the worst things a comic can do. Also, blaming the writers is another one of the worst things a comic could do.

The only other thing I know from him is the commercials for that stinky looking movie he starred in last year called Easter Sunday (Which was released in July). I guess he used to be a regular on Chelsea Handler, and I remember that show being bad and hacky.

Last edited:

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Jo Koy plays arenas. The stand up comedy fan bubble is almost as big as the wrestling fan bubble. Similar thing happened when Sebastian Maniscalco hosted the MTV VMAs.

As popular as stand up is in 2024, there are just as many people that are blissfully unaware of most of it or actively dislike the form. Idk why the eff you would ever hire a stand up to host an awards show that is designed to appeal to broadest swath of people possible unless it’s Jim Gaffigan. Even he has ruffled the Trump supporters feathers the last few years.