Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Movie teasers, trailers and titillating talk!!

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Did you WATCH the trailer? Calling that "Family Guy" is mild. This was borderline straight up Blaxploitation.

This felt like a SNL short designed to be as edgy racist as allowed by S and P.
It is a pretty big oversight that they didn’t reach out to John Amos.

Yeah, obviously his character died in the original but it is a Seth MacFarlane show and a James Evans spirit ghost totally seems like his drift. He is probably better off not spending his golden years doing stuff like this though.

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Watching these industry trades that do nothing other than serve the interests of studio lackeys go and publish stuff like this because they're being confronted by something that was made outside their circle and extremely uninterested in appealing to their bottom line? Only serves to make me more interested in the film itself.

Epic for the Summer

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Genuinely not sure how to feel about the Josh Hartnett career renaissance. As sure of sign as any that ‘00s nostalgia is big.

It's well deserved. Harnett was one of the more likeable stars of late 90s/early 2000s young Hollywood. He had an awkward period trying to do more "mature" roles (what the hell was Wicker Park?) but he's always been solid and am happy to see him popping up again.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
sneak-peek-images-billy-zane-81986140.jpg

That’s not Marlon Brando, that’s Billy Zane playing him in an upcoming movie. Holy shit.

Gary

If You're Into It, I'm Out of It
Reaction score

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
S Craig Zahler really needs an editor at times and he's probably a garbage person, but he makes good movies for the most part. I didn't love his Mel/Vince Vaughn cop movie, but it had good moments.

Gary

Reaction score
S Craig Zahler really needs an editor at times and he's probably a garbage person, but he makes good movies for the most part. I didn't love his Mel/Vince Vaughn cop movie, but it had good moments.
The man's politics can be...iffy tbh, but he has yet to direct a movie I don't like (the less said about the "Puppet Master" movie he wrote the better). That being said, kind of a shame he's not doing "Hug Chickenpenny", which was going to be a PG rated collaboration with the Jim Henson company (it was also going to be 3 hours and in black and white, but I was still intrigued.)

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Glad they made more of an effort to bring the gang back together than some of the sequels. Joseph Gordon Levitt looks like he just read the reviews for Sin City: A Dame to Kill For though.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Are you ready for the Billy Zane comeback? What a weird cast.

Edit
I just looked up the writer/director’s resume and his last major movie was the movie version of Car 54, Where Are You? Frig this!

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Genuinely curious how a spiritual sequel to Forrest Gump will do in 2024.

I have mild cautious optimism that Zemeckis’ de-aging will look less weird than the last Indiana Jones or The Irishman but who knows.

Epic for the Summer

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Zemeckis desperately needs another hit after Pinnochio and Welcome to Marwen were universally panned. I think he's due for a resurgence.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He needs to stop with the gimmicks and do another movie like Flight. Flight is his best movie since Cast Away, and both of those are so simple compared to all his recent high concept stuff like Marwen, Beowulf, The Walk, and so on.

Epic for the Summer

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I enjoyed The Walk and Allied wasn't great but Pinocchio and Marwen were huge failures. Him and Copolla have one left in them.

Hey, Clint Eastwood has a new movie coming out at 94. He might top both.

Last edited:

Gary

Reaction score

Outside of Denzel having fun...meh. Wish they had gone with Nick Cave's crazy script, but that would never happen.