Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Old School Observations and Questions, 2024

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
@BruiserBrody is going to hav to take some time off from defending Joe Brandon to pontificate on the underratedness of Bulldog Bob Brown soon.

Also there’s probably not many stronger arguments as to why Jericho shouldn’t featured so heavily on national TV than the fact that he is old enough to have wrestled Bulldog Bob Brown!

Last edited:

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Feels like it had to be a plant but, if so, Singh might've taken liberties with that second punch.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
@BruiserBrody is going to hav to take some time off from defending Joe Brandon to pontificate on the underratedness of Bulldog Bob Brown soon.

Also there’s probably not many stronger arguments as to why Jericho shouldn’t featured so heavily on national TV than the fact that he is old enough to have wrestled Bulldog Bob Brown!
Central States was notoriously shit. "Wrestling From the Chase" might have some good stuff.

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score
There's probaby even less of Wrestling at the Chase available than Central States

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
Saw an episode of wrestling at the Chase from about ‘62. Joe Garagiola, Pat O’Connor, it was the good stuff.

Central States is only really interesting to me if they uncover a McGuire Brothers match.

JN News

Pizzamaniac
Reaction score
If Bret Hart didn't need knee surgery in 1997 during the whole Hart Foundation thing, what would he be able to do? I'd book him and Jim Neidhart against the Stone Cold Kliq for the WWF Tag Team Titles at the 1997 KOTR PPV.

What do you guys think would happen?

Epic for the Summer

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Yup and when Bret wasn't cleared they ran an angle where Austin attacked him upsetting Michaels so Pillman forfeited his match with Stone Cold (also originally announced for KOTR) so Shawn and Steve could duke it out.

JN News

Pizzamaniac
Reaction score
Here's a question about Sid Vicious leaving WCW for the WWF and became Sid Justice. What influenced Sid's decision to leave Ted Turner in 1991 to go to work for Vince?

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don’t think it was a matter of WCW creative having nothing for Sid but the fact that Vince was promising to strap the rocket on him (and actually seemed like he meant it for once).

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Sid leaving WWF in the Spring of ‘92 was short sighted. He would have dominated ‘93-‘94 if he had the temperament but eh, I guess they didn’t call him Sycho Sid for nothin’.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
I'm guessing WCW had nothing for Sid to do, right?
I'm curious if Sid holds off 8 weeks or so, then Flair is out of the way as far as top heel, maybe WCW is desperate enough to back the truck up to keep him? They still hadn't properly ordained Luger at this point though, so maybe the money is face Sid chasing Luger. Ron Simmons/Windham can still take up the July-Oct portion as top contender and then Sid is ordained at Starrcade or SuperBrawl.
Knowing WCW, they'd probably switch him heel to get the title on Sting when business didn't move though.
Watts then comes in and tells Sid to fuck off with that big contract and Sid comes to WWF at Rumble 93.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
SID was almost as dumb to walk out of WCW in May ‘91 as he was to walk out of WWF in May ‘92. Neither were as dumb as stabbing Arn Anderson and getting fired from WCW in the Fall of ‘93!

I feel like the wrestling world is a lot different and potentially marginally better if SID is the WCW World Champion that Hulk Hogan has to dethrone in the Summer of ‘94. That way you can slowburn Hogan-Flair (WCW edition) and build it proper.

SID being there would definitely improve the Hulk Hogan & Friends ‘94-‘95 era WCW, at least from an unintentional comedy perspective

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think both cases would have been better for Sid and for the product on our TVs. He could've been the top face or heel after Flair left in 1991. And even without Hogan, he had plenty of faces to work with before turning back to face (instead of getting all stabby) in fall 1993.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I have zero doubt SID would be the one standing tall for America against the scourge of Japan The Polynesian Islands and Finland if he was still in WWF through out 1993.

Thought of SID Vs Ludwig Borga probably has the same effect as five shots of espresso for Vale.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Sid/Borga would own, though. It'd be similar to Sid/Goldberg. I also have this feeling USA Sid would work way harder than normal Sid.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It is too bad SID was a flighty dude and was convinced there was more money in him being a monster heel than a superhero babyface until it was too late in his career (and he was letting Johnny Ace peer pressure him into doing aerial maneuvers).

I truly think he could have been the one to succeed Hogan in the early ‘90s if he had his head on straight. But, hey, not having his head on straight is part of the reason why WE LOVE SYCHO SID.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
Hate to sound like too much of a smark but Flair/Vader at Starrcade is one of the best pieces of business WCW ever did and you guys are fantasy booking Sid replacing him in that spot...smh.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Like Sid slips into the Luger role perfectly, honestly. He takes to that formula a lot better, I think.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hate to sound like too much of a smark but Flair/Vader at Starrcade is one of the best pieces of business WCW ever did and you guys are fantasy booking Sid replacing him in that spot...smh.
Sid staying in 1991, Vader becoming a main eventer, and Flair returning as a babyface in 93 could all still happen.