Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Puroresu Love & Resources V4

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

If Tsuji wins he is going to separate the IC Title, retire it and restore the IWGP Title.

TSUJI MUST WIN. GO TSUJI!

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

The following matches have been announced:

• Shota Umino (NJPW), Kaito Kiyomiya (NOAH) and Yuki Ueno (DDT) vs. Yuya Uemura (NJPW), Konosuke Takeshita (AEW/DDT) and Shun Skywalker (Dragon Gate)
  • Tomohiro Ishii (NJPW) and Daisuke Sekimoto (BJPW) vs. Jeff Cobb (NJPW) and Masa Kitamiya (NOAH)
  • Hiroshi Tanahashi (NJPW), Sanshiro Takagi (DDT), and Naomichi Marufuji (NOAH) vs. EVIL, Ren Narita, and Yujiro Takahashi (NJPW)

those top 2 are great. the best young talent in one and old MEAT vs new MEAT in the other

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
So where is Nakajima going to end up?

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

ninja mack, blake christian, hayata, kosei fujita all new to bosj this year

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah it's sad about Akebono but I feel like he'd been sick for so long it might have been a mercy. In less sad news the big cross-promotional card is shaping up more.

• Hiroshi Tanahashi, Naomichi Marufuji & Sanshiro Takagi vs. EVIL, Ren Narita & Yujiro Takahashi
  • Tomohiro Ishii & Daisuke Sekimoto vs. Jeff Cobb & Masa Kitamiya
  • Kaito Kiyomiya, Shota Umino & Yuki Ueno vs. Konosuke Takeshita, Yuya Uemura & Shun Skywalker
  • Kenoh vs. Kosei Fujita
  • SANADA & KAI vs. Zack Sabre Jr. & Chris Brookes

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's just shy of 7k at this NJPW show in Chicago and Perry is getting both heel and babyface reactions which is pretty surreal.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
They didn't. Bushiroad Fight is STARDOM. It's just a corporate restructuring within Bushiroad to streamline things. They want to make sure the companies aren't booking shows on the same days and can do more crosspromoting and other things.

Staff member
Reaction score
Great show but it was so cool how at the end my favorite wrestler ran down there to save New Japan from the dirty baka foreigner champion and give the big summer event such a great title match. They really know the audience.

Staff member
Reaction score
On the subject of someone who might actually be my favorite wrestler, Tsuji should be the next ace. And not just the next ace but he has potential to actually be the best in the world. Whoever told him that he needs to smile all the time is a genius. You can see how phony it is and that the guy is just waiting to turn on everyone and take his place on top. There's a lot of little things that he does that show his desire to turn on Naito so it shouldn't be too much longer. My favorite one in this match was during the entrances when Naito was fucking around and Tsuji just stopped waiting to walk to the ring with him and ran in front of him.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

1. Talent discovery and development (Tana was asked about more young guys in G1 and he seemed open. Let's hope.)

2. Elevating the value of title belts (they want to stop using Strong titles outside of the US, start focusing more on having titles having specific identities and people competing for them, etc)

3. Reducing/eliminating outside interference (They admitted fans have a huge problem with HoT and how much interference there has been and said they're going to work to cut back on it. Mostly talked in semi-kayfave since this is still Japan. Tanahashi promised he'd TAKE MATTERS INTO HIS OWN HANDS~!

4. Increasing the prominence and status of NJPW Hontai (This is the home unit)

5. Strengthening ties with STARDOM (they badly need the help as STARDOM has been badly struggling)

6. Strengthening ties with AEW (They're very gunho about doing more with AEW which is totally unsurprising. They feel they have a lot to offer them and vice versa as they have different strengths.)

7. Improving the live fan experience (Talked about ticket discounts and women's only seating among other things)

8. Improving NJPW World

9. Improved treatment of personal information

10. NJPW sponsorships
---

Some really good and overdue things here, especially if they really are going to go after the interference hard. I'm hoping that EVIL/Mox is the death knell of HoT. They should outright disband the unit. I've said it before but I think it's time for NJPW to reboot basically every unit except LIJ (they're the only faction that is still obviously very popular and I don't want Tsuji's turn to get lost in the shuffle). It's also time to go all in on the youth movement.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't finished Dominion yet but so far it's a great show. Ishii does a fucking running (with some help of course) in the match with Cobb. It's everything you'd expect and want from a match between them. The roster feels a lot more motivated here.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Iyo Sky going back to Stardom, too. I'm digging the potential.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
What Japanese pop stars can Shawn twerk with to fully finish the job here

Valeyard

Reaction score
Japan had a good run. Really not happy at companies letting WWE in, even if i get it shortterm economically.
There's gotta be five names you'd be into seeing in the G1 or something though. Gotta be bright sides, even if in a vacuum

Valeyard

Reaction score
I know it's not NOAH, I was speaking about Japan in general since cwm was.