Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Puroresu Love & Resources V4

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Well NJPW isn’t going to work with WWE.

CWM or @Slayer know more than me but at least in terms of international exposure, I don’t see the downfall for NOAH working with WWE.

Idk if the Japanese will ever really care that much about WWE. How many times has WWE tried to make inroads there to no avail? ‘90-‘91, ‘94, ‘02, ‘05, 2014…that one time Triple H teamed up with Nakamura for what turned out to be his last matches (2018-19ish). Nothing has changed in the last few years to make WWE more appealing to the Japanese.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Famous last words. Stardom is owned by NJPW.

All of the companies are in much worse economic positions than maybe any other time period. If they think they can benefit by working with WWE they will, and then WWE will exploit that like they have everywhere else. Yeah there's a good likelyhood they won't be able to break into Japan, but any chance of it is one that should be concerning.

As far as WWE guys in G1? Not many. Especially if you think about who is actually physically able to do one.

Guys I'd want to see in a G1:
Tozawa (a junior so unlikely)
Bronson Reed (did it already)
Chad Gable
Dragon Lee (a junior who has worked with most njpw talent)
Drew (probably not in ring shape to do a G1)
Gunther
Ilja
Pete Dunne (probably would be a junior)
Sami Zayn (definetly not in good enough physical health)
Seth Rollins (for sure not ever going to be healthy enough)
Seamus (again health)
Andrade (lol jobs, and I've seen him in NJPW)
Bobby Lashley (ok this would be awesome)
Cody (I saw this and it was a huge letdown)
Montez Ford
Nakamura (injured in first match)
Brock Lesnar (I mean he's canceled but if only)

I don't really know any of the NXT guys that well. There's a handful of guys who aren't old or broken down but most of them would be way better in a BOSJ. I don't see any of it worth having WWE making inroads in Japan.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I'm equating working with Stardom to be the same thing as working with New Japan.

Bron, Gunther, Lashley, Dom, and Solo are my fantasy picks.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In news I AM excited about, NJPW revealed the G1 lineup and Jake Lee and TAKESHITA are both in!

Block A:

• Tetsuya Naito
  • Shota Umino
  • Shingo Takagi
  • SANADA
  • Great-O-Khan
  • Zack Sabre Jr.
  • Gabe Kidd
  • EVIL
  • Jake Lee
  • TBA
Block B:

• Hirooki Goto
  • El Phantasmo
  • Yota Tsuji
  • Jeff Cobb
  • Henare
  • David Finlay
  • Ren Narita
  • Yuya Uemura
  • Konosuke Takeshita
  • TBA
The final Block A and Block B participants will be decided in a tournament that begins during the NJPW Soul tour, ending with the finals at Tokyo Budokan on July 5. The participants in the tournament include:

A Block tournament: Tomohiro Ishii, YOSHI-HASHI, Callum Newman, KENTA, Chase Owens, Yuijiro Takahashi

B Block tournament: Hiroshi Tanahashi, Toru Yano, Oleg Boltin, Satoshi Kojima, Taichi, TJP

Go Ishii and Taichi (although I'd be very intrigued by how Boltin does). It would be so weird not to have Tanahashi or Yano in a G1 for once.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

this dumb SOB was just on twitter asking people for advice on how to heel faster and saying he's 85% "alive"/healed. I don't care how short the exhibition is, there is no fucking way this should happen.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Boltin and Newman secure the last G1 spots. This is going to be such a changing of the guard G1.

A Block:
  • Tetsuya Naito
  • EVIL
  • Shingo Takagi
  • Shota Umino
  • SANADA
  • Zack Sabre Jr.
  • Great-O-Khan
  • Gabe Kidd
  • Jake Lee (Pro Wrestling NOAH)
  • Callum Newman
B Block:
  • Konosuke Takeshita (AEW)
  • Yuya Uemura
  • Hirooki Goto
  • El Phantasmo
  • Jeff Cobb
  • Yota Tsuji
  • Henare
  • David Finlay
  • Ren Narita
  • Boltin Oleg
Shota has a broken hip so I assume he'll end up replaced.

No Tanahashi, Ishii, Yano, Kenta, Taichi, Okada, Ospreay, Tama Tonga, Chase Owens, etc. They finally feel like they are trying to freshen things up.

Broward83

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Can't wait to see her show up on Smackdown and tossed immediately into the LWO storyline.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
  • The N-1 tournament (NOAH’s version of G-1) is 8/4 to 9/1. Besides NOAH regulars, the A block has Josh Briggs from NXT and Luis Mante from Dragon Gate and B block has Tavion Heights from NXT, so Briggs and Heights will be off NXT television next month.
Luis Mante is great but adding two NXT guys I've never fucking heard of does literally nothing for me.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Shota has been cleared for the G1 in good news. First card is on the 20th and it is looooaded. https://www.njpw1972.com/#schedule
240720.png

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't finished the show yet because I was falling asleep during the last couple matches but was really enjoying it. Tons of big upsets and I love Oleg Boltin's new look. Everyone was really working hard.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Night 2 was really good stuff. Night 3 had 4 very good to great matches before the two terrible matches at the end. Takeshita is looking like a star as expected but Uemura is looking like a breakout which I did not expect as I had agreed before with @909 that he was sort of boring.

Finlay has also been delivering in this, part of which I think is because Gedo has been non-existent and he hasn't been relying on any cheating or anything. He's just been working as a monster who does powerbombs and has no regard for peoples welfare. His buckle bombs make Seth's look safe.

The variety in work styles is really nice and aside from EVIL there isn't anyone I automatically want to skip. Seeing Naito's deterioration is sad but I've known about it for some time.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Slowly catching up on G1 (the games have really distracted me), and I think this is the best G1 since at least COVID for match quality tbh. EVIL is stinking up the joint but I expect that, and the decision to leave out most of the perennials has really helped to freshen things up.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
GREAT O-KHAN FUCK YEAH!

Okhan Vs Shingo in the QFinals in ABlock, Sabre has a buy to the Semis.

B Block is still totally in the air.