Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Random Thoughts & Topics v2

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
2girls.jpg

God it's hard not to spend money here. So much cool stuff.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
Someone just taunted Jon St John to read a scene he just read in his Duke Nukem voice in his Big the Cat voice. Please let this happen.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah seeing Colton sing Still Alive was cool. But I just got to see mother fucking GlaDOS sing it.

*dies*

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
My name is Smues and I have a problem. At Magfest I bought a Sega Saturn and a 3D0, and I came damn close to getting a Jaguar, Game.com (DUKE DON'T PLAY GAMEBOY), and Wonderswan. I don't even remember what a Wonderswan is!

daileyxplanet

daileyxplanet
Reaction score
Re: Random Thoughts & Topics v2

What was that Genesis cartridge shaped port on the Saturn? Rented it for the weekend once but don't remember anything.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah memory expansion (I think 1, 2, and 4MB of RAM OMG) and they may have sold memory card type carts for it too. My intention is to get the action replay that works as both memory enhancer (which I'll need to properly play Street Fighter vs X-Men. Suck it Playstation 1) as well as allow playing of exports.

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score
How were games saved on a Saturn? Did it have internal memory or did it use a memory card?

Danville_Wrestling

Danville_Wrestling
Reaction score
So I got Call of Duty: Ghosts for Christmas and I have to say that I'm just not having any fun on multiplayer. Not sure if it's just me, but I don't really care for the maps and lots of people are just spamming the quick-scope sniper rifle shots. Makes for a very frustrating experience. I might just look to off load the game, but will probably at least play the single player campaign first.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
I started yet another Fallout 3 playthrough. This time I want to go the complete evil dickbag direction. Megaton is toast.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
O'Reilly2k13 said:
So I got Call of Duty: Ghosts for Christmas and I have to say that I'm just not having any fun on multiplayer. Not sure if it's just me, but I don't really care for the maps and lots of people are just spamming the quick-scope sniper rifle shots. Makes for a very frustrating experience.
This is all the multi-player is now, to be honest. That and bullets that magically go around corners. As buggy as Battlefield 4 is, I have experienced less of that bullshit.. it's still there, but not as bad as COD.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
So I just watched a guy beat Super Punch Out in 24 minutes.

Blindfolded.

Awesome Games Done Quick rules.

Fake edit: apparently he went through the original Punch Out before that.

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score
KingPK said:
So I just watched a guy beat Super Punch Out in 24 minutes.

Blindfolded.

Awesome Games Done Quick rules.

Fake edit: apparently he went through the original Punch Out before that.

I'm watching him run through the original Punch Out now. Guy is really holding his own against Soda Popinski. I can't last much of anytime against Pop with both eyes open. Bam Margera to his back right is getting on my damned nerves though. Stop nodding your head in approval every time something happens.

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
Nymyzys said:
How were games saved on a Saturn? Did it have internal memory or did it use a memory card?
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071008071414AAuqGma

According to this, it had internal memory and a RAM cart that you could use for saves.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
The internal memory is really tiny though. 256k I think. Which I've read is barely enough to just save settings on a couple of games. The Action Replay I'm waiting for in the mail serves as 4M memory expansion and 4M of save space, so that should be handy.

Star Ocean 2

Star Ocean 2
Reaction score
This works so well it's scary. Never woulda thought the music fits so perfectly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNx9vfWObHQ

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
I've always wondered if any of our games from gaming history would've gotten the green light in this day and age. I can picture some still being made, but others not so much. I don't mean the actual game, but the concept behind the game. There's a few games I don't think would've made it based on the premise in this day and age if they weren't a classic.

Angle-plex

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Has anyone played Deadly Premonition? Lots of mixed reviews on it. Looks kinda like Twin Peaks though.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
The shooting is oddly fun in a "this isn't very good" sort of way, but navigation is complete bullshit.

Just watch Giant Bomb's playthrough for the story bits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YtEv7YDAfo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I honestly enjoyed Deadly Premonition. The opening is VERY cold though, as the survival horror action aspects of that game are easily the worst part, as they seem to be stuck in 2002. I actually didn't mind the navigation, I hated it at first, but as I started to understand that the map always rotated to you it got easier to navigate, plus it forced me to actually memorize the land, instead of just relying on the map all the time. Also, late game spoiler,
the Amazing Grace sequence just made me lose my shit SO DAMN HARD. It was seriously the best part of that game, without a doubt.

Yeah, you could get by with just watching the GB endurance run, but they miss SO MUCH shit(and I also missed a bunch of shit that they found) I enjoyed it so much I went and bought the PS3 Director's Cut when it came out. I haven't actually played it yet, but..someday.

The Amazing Rando

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Has anyone ever heard of/used the Avenger controller add-on for the 360?

http://www.avengercontroller.com/

I use thumb stick extenders currently and while I still am pretty bad at FPS games I do feel like those things do help (and after playing with them for so long I can't stop using them or everything feels weird), but I'm intrigued by something like this. I see it for 40 bucks from ThinkGeek and think it might be worth a cursory testing.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
There's a new Sonic game coming, Sonic Boom. So I'll admit right now I got excited thinking maybe, just maybe this would be a good game. I know. I know. I really know I shouldn't. But I sadly did.

*sigh* Apparently Tails, Sonic, Knuckles and Amy are all getting image updates because they really needed them. The sad part is the only one who looks okay out of the bunch is Tails. Though thanks to Knuckles, he doesn't. Sonic looks like a beanstalk now with tape over his hand and feet. Why on his feet? Hands at least I can understand. Knuckles is roided up and too fucking tall. I know they want to make Tails look younger, but with Knuckles being as tall as he is, Tails comes right up to his waist. Yes, you can take your train of thought the rest of the way on that. And Amy... Well, she's Amy and not Sally, and that's what will always be wrong with Amy.

Though, it looks like it'll be co-op or you'll have all four of them speeding around. And did look kind of interesting... Aw, no, no, no. I am not talking myself into trying this game. So am not.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The image update isn't great, but let's not act like it's on the level of Loonatics Unleashed, or something.

ipMKIAxgFsFyr.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8V0P4Yvw7c

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
I enjoyed Generations, both the 3ds and console version. I haven't played Lost World yet but I've heard both versions are decent.