Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Random Thoughts & Topics v2

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
So the bandages indicated that they've had surgery recently. Knuckles had biceps implanted and Sonic had liposuction.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
Tea Party themed bps21 said:
Sonic generations was p good
I won't deny that, but I still wanted more out of it. I guess I had too high of expectations.

TIBER SEPTIM said:
The image update isn't great, but let's not act like it's on the level of Loonatics Unleashed, or something.
No, its not. My issues with it was frankly, that it wasn't needed. I honestly can't see any reason for the update. To make them more marketable? About the only character that got more marketable looks to be Tails. Sonic looks less like he has the swag he normally would and Knuckles looks like he's on HGH.

Though saying they've been surgically altered (because of the bandages) would be an interesting twist that I could support. At least it would give some sort of reason for the change in looks. And would kind of give Tails a reason for looking smaller. He's technically the only one who hasn't had anything that has happened to him. Nice concept that will never be used, Master Thrasher.

Ah, Loonatics Unleashed... Thanks for the reminder of how it could be worse.

Edwin

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Why did no one tell me that old video games were worth so much? I'm helping my folks clean up the house before they move to a smaller house, and I've got no fewer than a dozen PS1 and SNES games that are going for over $40 apiece. $80 for Chrono Trigger!

Edwin

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This site indexes sales data from eBay and is searchable: http://videogames.pricecharting.com

There's info for loose and complete sales. Majora's Mask and Harvest Moon look like the biggest-name N64 games worth a chunk, frequently selling for over $40 each.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
The fuck took you guys so long to find out that old games are worth money? Old NES through N64 games have spiked like crazy the last few years. I recently got $250 for Mega Man 1-6 packaged together on eBay. Where a couple years ago you could get half that

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score
I have a six foot shelf in my apartment that houses my classic collection. It's easily worth 3K.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Edwin said:
This site indexes sales data from eBay and is searchable: http://videogames.pricecharting.com

There's info for loose and complete sales. Majora's Mask and Harvest Moon look like the biggest-name N64 games worth a chunk, frequently selling for over $40 each.

cool thanks for the link

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I wouldn't put too much stock into that page. As someone that sells games regularly I see wild differences between that and reality.

If you have a game you're curious about look it up on ebay and put the next 10 or so of that game's auctions on your watch list and see how they end. That's really the best way

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Goldeneye 007 FPS $13.86 $94.99
Mario Kart 64 Racing $30.12 $202.50
WCW Mayhem Wrestling $2.25 $12.18
Wrestlemania 2000 Wrestling $4.99 $175.00
WWF No Mercy Wrestling $5.06 $56.00

not bad. I never really use the n64 anymore anyway so it's just taking up space.

Edwin

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Youth N Asia said:
The fuck took you guys so long to find out that old games are worth money? Old NES through N64 games have spiked like crazy the last few years. I recently got $250 for Mega Man 1-6 packaged together on eBay. Where a couple years ago you could get half that
I haven't actually lived within 1000 miles of these physical objects in over a decade, so the thought never occurred to me. Also, I light money on fire for fun.

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Man I'm just gonna go ahead and fuckin plug next week's GADD right here. It might be the best GADD article yet, at least in sentimental value to me. I've finally completed a fucking FIVE+ YEAR journey today and beaten a game I thought I never would, just cause I had fucked up my characters so badly.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
It is only gaining more and more traction as there is less backwards compatibility with older games. Which is literally leaving millions on the table for companies like Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft, because these older games selling for those prices shows that there are people who want to play the classics. Hell, its what I thought would happen with digital downloading came into being.

Anyways, the rarer the game or more well-loved games will usually have the higher prices.

CookieMueller

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was wondering if someone could help me out. I have a friend who plays a lot of PC games. I want to buy him a birthday gift but he has no wishlist. I'm going to use my Steam wallet so I can't do a gift card electronically to my knowledge? Anyways I was trying to get some recommendations maybe. He plays Counter-Strike:GO an awful lot. He didn't really care for DayZ but did like Rust slightly better. He used to play Arma a whole bunch but hates Call of Duty and all those big games. I was looking at a game called Insurgency. Has anyone played that?

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I can't say I have. Sorry. I was coming in here to ask if anyone has played Bravely Default. Kotaku introduced me to it via its soundtrack (I love it) and so was wondering what others thought of it, myself.

This Steam Gifts url, should let you know how Gifts work on Steam. I think if I remember correctly, it'll send a little personalized e-mail card to the other user notifying them of your gift.

AnonymousBroccoli

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Harmonix's new game is a music-based arena FPS called Chroma. It will be free-to-play, and on Steam to start. You can sign up for a closed alpha, if you want to agree to an NDA on the site.

http://www.harmonixmusic.com/games/#chroma
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ChromaAlphaSignup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QZhsTRk-ic

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
Has anyone been watching this:
http://www.twitch.tv/twitchplayspokemon

As of right now, they're seven days into it. It's fascinating.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
http://kotaku.com/kid-shot-dead-by-cops-witnesses-say-he-was-holding-wii-1526375218

Police say that 17 year-old Christopher Roupe was shot and killed because he answered the door pointing a gun. Everyone except the Police say he opened the door holding a Wii Remote.

Roupe was shot and killed last Friday night when Police arrived to serve his father a probation violation warrant. He opened the door and was shot in the chest.

Police claim he was holding a gun, something the Roupe family's lawyer disputes. "We don't know where that statement came from", he told Atlanta's WSB-TV. "The eyewitnesses on the scene clearly state that he had a Wii controller in his hand. He heard a knock at the door. He asked who it was, there was no response so he opened the door and upon opening the door he was immediately shot in the chest."

Damn..

Haws Bah Gawd

Reaction score
I used DVD shrink for a while. Don't know if it's still available but it was easy to use.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Didn't know where else to put this but I officially geek'd out in front of a co-worker upon seeing this item (subsequently purchased by moi of course) and further geeked out when the later to be released #45 was revealed to have a mallet!

Harley_Quinn_-_Conquest_Comics-DC_Comics-Pop_Vinyl-Funko-trampt-111435o.jpg

ef3c9777-a6f9-48b3-963d-568a4912926f.jpg

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Snagged the following over yesterday and today :D I may be a Brony but damn it, I'm still a Deal Saving Brony ;)

FUNKO Vinyl Figures
- Fluttershy for $9.06 (30% Employee Discount)
- Rainbow Dash for $9.06 (30% Employee Discount)
- Trixie for $12.38 (25% off online at Hot Topic)
- Twilight Sparkle for $12.38 (25% off online at Hot Topic)
- 11 of the Mini Mystery Box Figures for $4.16 each (30% Employee Discount)

Mattdotcom

Integral Poster
Reaction score
After seeing what they're fetching on eBay currently, I'm considering putting my EarthBound cartridge up. If anyone here might be interested in making an offer for it before I do that, feel free to PM me.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Wow, they're still going for that much? Even used listed at $150.. damn. I would've thought the prices would crash when they released it on Wii U virtual console.

Mattdotcom

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Oh, so they did put it up on the VC? I haven't been keeping up with much Nintendo news. Unbeweebabull.

Haws Bah Gawd

Reaction score
Yea it's there. Its a bit more expensive than the other SNES games though.