Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Random Thoughts & Topics v2

AnonymousBroccoli

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Some more Rock Band songs are leaving the Music Store due to licencing issues, including the whole Blood Sugar Sex Magik album (except "Give it Away"), and other older Red Hot Chili Peppers singles.

http://rockband.com/blog/information-about-rock-band-dlc-re-licensing

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/08/14/capcom-essentials-bundle-confirmed-for-ps3-and-xbox-360/

Capcom Essentials bundle confirmed for PS3 and Xbox 360

Capcom is packaging five PS3 games together in a special collection, and has announced said Capcom Essentials bundle will come to Xbox 360 as well. The bundle includes Resident Evil 6, Super Street Fighter 4, Devil May Cry 4, Dead Rising 2 and Mega Man 10, all for $60.

The Capcom Essentials pack also comes in a branded bag, just in case you run out of room in your fanny pack as you leave the store. Capcom Essentials will launch on October 8, and pre-orders are available now at some retailers.

capcom-essentials.jpg

AnonymousBroccoli

Integral Poster
Reaction score
http://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

New Humble Weekly Sale, with games chosen by PewDiePie, who I guess is a YouTube dude.

Pay what you want for:
Botanicula
Thomas Was Alone
McPixel
The Showdown Effect

Beat the average (currently $2.16) for:
Amnesia: The Dark Descent

I think everything except The Showdown Effect is a Humble repeat. I didn't get the one that had Botanicula, though I did already have it from a GOG sale.

There's also the pretty swell Humble Origin (EA) Bundle, in case you didn't catch that thread.
https://www.humblebundle.com

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Took me awhile to get into it, and I kind of hated the top-down perspective at first, but damn Hotline Miami is addictive.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
;D Someone was testing stuff on Steam and decided to use Half Life 3 of all things to do it.

Guess what ended up on Steam accidentally?

Though the penis might have given it away that it was a hoax. You won't notice it unless you looked hard enough.

Broward83

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Spies VS Mercs in Blacklist is p. fun. I like the shift from 3rd as a Spy to 1st as a Merc. Just wish more people with mics played it..

2GOLD

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If I use the internet alot, Netflix alot and Xbox live gaming a lot, how fast could I go through a 250 GB cap on data? Am I royally fucked or is that going to still be really hard to use up even when using those a ton?

I hate this data capping bullshit so so fucking much.

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score
I know the feeling. Before I moved into the city, I lived in a rural area with ny parents, and satellite internet was the only high speed option. For $75/month we got a whopping 15gb to work with. Between my Dad and I, it was usually gone within days.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
My girlfriend and I rip through our 150gb in about a week and a half. But we stream or torrent everything, so we might be a bit different than most.

2GOLD

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I did a ton of netflix streaming last month and I have played even more online gaming, so honestly when they told me I only used 105 gb last month, I was stunned.

Granted I'm not HD and I dont download shows or movies anymore, just stream.

But I still hate this. I would have rather been offered an upgrade to unlimited for 20 more a month than this if you go over it's 10 dollars for every extra 50 gbs.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, ours is $10 for every 50 gigs, too. We pay over $120/month now. We're both home all day most days and both tend to have things streaming in separate rooms while working and whatever, so we just burn through our allotted base and each "data pack" in no time.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
2GOLD said:
I did a ton of netflix streaming last month and I have played even more online gaming, so honestly when they told me I only used 105 gb last month, I was stunned.

If you aren't streaming in HD, that's about 1 GB/hour according to Netflix, so you'd have to watch a LOT to hit 250 GB in a month since online gaming doesn't really use that much data (unless you are downloading games that are like 6-7 GB a pop or more). I average between 50-100 GB/month depending on if I get something from Games on Demand or other big files.

2GOLD

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, no HD streaming here except maybe MLBtv, which I haven't used too much.

I love how they don't offer unlimited plans and then claim it's for the customers own good. Yeah right, they want that overcharge money and you have to go by their meter. I bet my totals suddenly double since today it says I've used 2 GB of data and I haven't done a damn thing.

AnonymousBroccoli

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I just watched an episode of Orange Is The New Black via Canadian Netflix. It was on the PS3 app, at "Super 1080p" video, Stereo audio. Episode was 58:57, and I paused it a few times (don't know if that matters). My router says about 1.85GB download, 0.05GB upload for that time.

I'll watch some other stuff later, and see how much that uses.

AnonymousBroccoli

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Friday Night Lights episode now. In Firefox via Silverlight, with HD not on. Length of 43:15. I also had the Media Hint add-on enabled; I don't know if that has any overhead to it. 578.71MB download, 9.1MB upload.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
The Second Chapter of Trails In The Sky is coming next year for download on the PlayStation Network (PSP/Vita) and PC via Steam. For those who don't know, Carpe Fulgur (Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale, Chantelise: A Tale of Two Sisters) are going to be doing the translation with XSEED watching over them.

And don't worry, apparently Carpe Fulgur has got a big enough war chest to take this game on. I'm so fucking happy that we're getting Second Chapter. I might even go out of my way to purchase the PSN version and the Steam version so that I support them.

Also, the Steam version will include FC as well.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Someone recut this music video (nsfw) into an "ad" for the Oculus Rift: http://vimeo.com/64378881

AnonymousBroccoli

Integral Poster
Reaction score
http://store.steampowered.com/news/11436/

Steam Announces Family Sharing

Coming Soon: Players who share computers can also share their Steam games

September 11, 2013 – Steam Family Sharing, a new service feature that allows close friends and family members to share their libraries of Steam games, is coming to Steam, a leading platform for the delivery and management of PC, Mac, and Linux games and software. The feature will become available next week, in limited beta on Steam.

Steam Family Sharing is designed for close friends and family members to play one another's Steam games while each earning their own Steam achievements and storing their own saves and application data to the Steam cloud. It's all enabled by authorizing a shared computer.

“Our customers have expressed a desire to share their digital games among friends and family members, just as current retail games, books, DVDs, and other physical media can be shared,” explained Anna Sweet of Valve. “Family Sharing was created in direct response to these user requests.”

Once a device is authorized, the lender's library of Steam games becomes available for others on the machine to access, download, and play. Though simultaneous usage of an account’s library is not allowed, the lender may always access and play his games at any time. If he decides to start playing when a friend is borrowing one of his games, the friend will be given a few minutes to either purchase the game or quit playing.

For more information about Steam Family Sharing and the beta program, please visit store.steampowered.com/sharing.

It's mentioned on that page in the FAQ: If you join the Steam Family Sharing Group, you become eligible to receive beta invites.

AnonymousBroccoli

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Humble Indie Bundle 9 is now available:

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Trine 2: Complete Story
Mark of the Ninja
Eeta Munchies Beta
Brutal Legend

And if you beat the average (currently $4.02):
FTL: Faster Than Light
Fez

Pay what you like, to whom you like, including the EFF, Watsi, and Child's Play charities.

Includes DRM-free downloads of each game for Windows, Mac, and Linux; Steam keys if you pay $1 or more; as well as soundtracks for everything except Mark of the Ninja and Eets Munchies.

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
Jeez no one told me today was National Video Game Day? Well, here's this video about baseball:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTUArx4lvrU