Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Random TNA Bullshit Vol. 2

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
That would've made me a different kind of sad. Like I can accept all the alleged or otherwise things he'd do in WWE, but the fact Bret would be around Angle and AJ and the rest but not able to work is rough to me.

It would've been cool to see him do things like book people to wrestle at The Lockdown or something though.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Even a crappy, clumsy worker will get more respect on the basis of "He's one of us." than a non-worker. Especially one that was as much of a shit stirrer as Bubba.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Started listening to the Lockdown 2005 episode of My World With Jeff Jarrett during my lunch break! Real good so far. They haven't covered this era of TNA in the AFS universe so far. I liked the story about Dusty Rhodes and Jerry Jarrett stumbling on the PPV concept during a meeting with the Panda Energy people.

I like to imagine the IRL exchange being like
Dusty: Well, daddy. What we gonna do in April for the TNA PPV is two thteel cage matches, if you weel.
Papa JJ: Hell, Dusty. If you do that, you might make it a PPV of all cage matches.
Dusty: Jerry, that's brilliant, daddy!
Dixie: I love it, y'all! Let's do it.
Bob: Alright, whatever. Fine with me
Papa JJ: Wait, really? (muttering) Why did I let my son drag me back into the business?

Like so many TNA ideas, there was a germ of a good idea there. Initial concept for Lockdown was to be the "anti WrestleMania". A real blood & guts show for hardcore wrestling fans. Problem is stuff like fat Dustin Rhodes Vs green Bobby Roode in a blindfold match doesn't really full anyone's needs for blood & guts.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Started listening to the Lockdown 2005 episode of My World With Jeff Jarrett during my lunch break! Real good so far. They haven't covered this era of TNA in the AFS universe so far. I liked the story about Dusty Rhodes and Jerry Jarrett stumbling on the PPV concept...
Another great tidbit from this episode. Dusty appeared on a radio show during this era and was adamant that he had absolutely nothing to do with the Lockdown concept. Only in TNA would the head writer run away from taking credit for the INNOVATIVE, BOLD new concept PPV.

A third great Dusty anecdote. Segments where Dusty was running TNA from back of his pickup truck were also a happy accident. Producers had no idea if they had time/money to come up with an office set for Dusty so Dream was just like "How about I just pull up my truck, daddy?".

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Another great tidbit from this episode. Dusty appeared on a radio show during this era and was adamant that he had absolutely nothing to do with the Lockdown concept. Only in TNA would the head writer run away from taking credit for the INNOVATIVE, BOLD new concept PPV.

A third great Dusty anecdote. Segments where Dusty was running TNA from back of his pickup truck were also a happy accident. Producers had no idea if they had time/money to come up with an office set for Dusty so Dream was just like "How about I just pull up my truck, daddy?".
Ah Jeez, now I started Easter Sunday off by thinking about the segment where it was implied Rhodes was getting blown in the truck to influence his booking.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Well. That's your fault!

There was another fun side bar about TNA hired Phi Delta Slam at the same time they released Alex Shelley and Sonjay Dutt because Dusty vehemently hated the X Division and Phi Delta Slam served as Dusty's gofers/toadies when they were extras. Not sure if they blew the Dream in his pickup bed though.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Phi Delta Slam were so awful. By far one of the worst signings of the time.

Has Jarrett gone into the brilliance of the Elite Guard and why he dressed like a waiter for a month?