Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The Attitude Era Thread Vol 1

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
WWE has the Victoria/Trish Stratus match from 11/25/2002 up on their website :) This was a week after their Survivor Series Match where Victoria won the Women's Title from Trish. I still consider this time frame more "Attitude Era" personally but that's just me.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Easily forgotten is right. He couldn't have used this for more than a month or two before the first iteration of "My Time", yeah?
It's credited as his 4th & 5th Themes. It was used right before his instrumental "My Time" then the classic "My Time" theme so I'd have to imagine just a few months at most.

Notes I've seen are that it was used from Backlash 1999 to early May of 1999 so I dunno if you can verify that with any Raw watches from the time period.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah that was the weird period where Hunter was wearing unbottoned designer shirts and leather pants, etc. Had to be around April/May 99. Funny/strange seeing him being a background guy in the corporate ministry or whatever the hell they were calling it then.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
That was when Hunter was wearing chainmail tanks, too. A

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Sunday Night Heat moving to MTV is a mostly unheralded moment in WWE's downfall. It was definitely "OK, wrestling has gotten too popular" moment.

Which is kind of ironic since WWE being on MTV in the '80s is part of what started the boom. Full circle, man, full circle.

(I'm assuming that clip is from late '00 Sunday Night Heat but you know what happens when you assume sometimes!)

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
It had its moments. Them doing the show from WWE NY with special guests, musical acts and aforementioned segments with Taz and others were fun if not different.

I remember two things from this era of heat: Edge and Christian calling Carson Daly a poser and when Pat Patterson got into a brawl with DJ Skribble (moderately famous DJ who was all over MTV programming 20+ years ago). Both were attempts to pull in that crossover audience.

Also, this era of Heat gave us the debut of R-Truth as K-Kwik. He came in as Road Dogg's rap partner/hype man. Dogg got canned a few months after his debut and Kwik got lost in the shuffle quickly.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don't fault for USA Network for surrounding RAW with good programming cause first and foremost RASSLIN and second, FX aside, you couldn't really expect GOOD original programming until the last 5-10 years! And the majority of cable networks STILL rely on their holy trinity of sports, movies (The Accountant next on TNT), and reruns.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Happy Hour is just a Ryan Shamrock blur.

Roku Channel has Silk Stalkings and eventually I'll watch it like a real show.

Pacific Blue was titties though.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Pacific Blue cross promotion led to a shoving match between Mario Lopez and Val Venis on one of the first episodes of Sunday Night Heat.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Still have never seen La Femme Nikita though, but will always know star Peta Wilson of La Femme Nikita.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Still have never seen La Femme Nikita though, but will always know star Peta Wilson of La Femme Nikita.
It's actually a pretty solid show in its own right, all things considered (although somewhat 90s as expected). Shows like Alias get all the pub for really pushing "lead female star" shows of the modern era but I think LFN gets undersold in the contributions it made.

The movie is far better but the show hews pretty closely to its plot before branching off into its own thing and Peta Wilson's still good on the eyes. Fun Fact: She was in her late 20s(!) when she started LFN.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
FKcJDPdXoAMdzPq