Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The Meltzer Thread

Epic for the Summer

Epic Reine
Reaction score

Not sure what sparked all this recent Sabu discussion but I'm all for it. He was influential for sure and his botch heavy offense can be excused because his gimmick was that he was willing to inflict pain on himself in order to harm others. The human daredevil act was often imitated but.not quite topped. What's the closest equivalent of Sabu today? is it Darby?

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score

Not sure what sparked all this recent Sabu discussion but I'm all for it. He was influential for sure and his botch heavy offense can be excused because his gimmick was that he was willing to inflict pain on himself in order to harm others. The human daredevil act was often imitated but.not quite topped. What's the closest equivalent of Sabu today? is it Darby?

Basically it started from this thread.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Dave did an interview with Wrestling Inc. (which is kinda funny since the former owner Raj Giri would constantly shit on him). I can't remember the last time Meltz did an interview with with one of the wrestling sites. Last one I remember is Wrestleline in 99 or so

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I'd give Meltz a pass for the rest of his life if he'd said Okada's real name was Juan Greenblatt.

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah bro when I saw him in that shirt I was thinking my god what a geek

Valeyard

Reaction score
I would watch a web series where Meltz just cruises goodwills and thrift stores in the greater Bay Area.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Not a Bix guy generally but this is based on reporting by multiple other sources who are much more qualified to know as well. Also Jae who works for Dragon Gate contacted him repeatedly trying to correct the story and was ignored until the hoaxer pushed it too far.

Dragongate English commentary team member Jae Church told Wrestling Inc. he was one of many who repeatedly tried to set Meltzer straight on this story, which continued to drag out for several months with Meltzer seemingly relying on the same fraudulent source — to no response. However, on November 2, after months of ignoring the denials, Meltzer emailed Church, who shared a screenshot of the exchange with Wrestling Inc. Saying he had received "a weird report that I wanted to check out," Meltzer told Church that the "report" indicated that Nosawa had retired, presumably as a wrestler, but that he and Ultimo Dragon would be jointly running the creative end of Dragongate going forward.

Meanwhile SRS who was also contacted by this guy, immediately contacted the real Ishida on twitter and saw through the whole thing.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Is there a reason Dave holds a microphone for what is sometimes a 90 minute show instead of having some type of stand?

Valeyard

Reaction score
Meltz is more of a android himself.