Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

This Day in Pro Wrestling History

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
What's great with that is even 18 months earlier Shawn would have gleefully fucked a mannequin on TV.

Valeyard

Reaction score
With Vince gone I want HHH to put Ted in the HOF. He kinda deserves it.

Why can't his family want to start or invest in anoter wrestling promotion? Just for fun.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Goldmember! The one that even half the Austin Powers fans think isn’t very good!

Vince McMahon originally wanted Bubba and Spike to find women’s underwear in Y2J and Christian’s bags.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
That's a bit overly simplistic as Dusty stayed on for almost 2 months yet.
He's still on TV in January cutting promos on Windham and the Road Warriors.
--
I wonder if Dusty stays on if he feuds with Muta to redo the Kabuki feud while also giving him a fresh opponent?
Dustin may have actually earned his backlash that Meltz dishes out in 1991 had Dusty stayed in power and jammed Dustin and Kendall down our throats as the up and comers. The dynamic of Rhodes/Windham feuding while their Son/brother teamed has some intrigue that wasn't fleshed out.

I actually have a full 1989 Dusty as booker year in WCW typed out from several years ago. It was intended to be a CXF article that I never fully edited and filled out the details of. I tried to book as if I thought like Dusty.

Valeyard

Reaction score
That whole build and match were ahead of their time. That happens now, people love it.

HHH/Steiner is my favorite bad match ever and some of the most fun I think I've ever had watching wrestling.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Match would be better received now too. Not that it would ever be considered good but they were ahead of their time in building a match filled with needlessly throwing a bunch of suplexes

Valeyard

Reaction score
I wanted Tyson/Shamrock so bad at the time. I didn't think he'd get featured like he did, so I expected a total waste otherwise.

They should still book Austin/Tyson while there's still time, though.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I'm sure a lot of it is just me but man it seems like they just started for a bunch of reasons.