Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Wrestling audio or podcasts

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
When Connie added Arn to the rotation, I was like "Oh. He's going to go for having a podcast for every day of the week." Although I think Jeff's podcast will be on same day as Arn's since nobody releases new podcasts on Saturdays and nobody cares about Arn's podcast.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I genuinely would like to hear a podcast about WWA's disastrous live PPV from Vegas that was supposed to be main evented by Jeff Jarrett Vs Macho Man but Macho Man no showed so we got Grandmaster Sexay as his replacement. I remember reading results online (probably on whatever version of TSM was around then!) and being like "Brian Christopher? Really!?"

Lamest replacement since Savio Vega subbing for Shawn Michaels at No Way Out of Texas!

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I'd be so much more inclined to listen to most of these if they consolidated a few. Like Jarrett and Arn together could potentially be a lot of fun given their careers and interactions and just stories.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Could just be the TNA nostalgia within me, but I might check out a few episodes of this. I find Jarrett more interesting and entertaining than than the guy with the most popular podcast in Prichard.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Jarrett definitely has the right mix of history and being a carny to probably be more entertaining than most of Connie’s shows. Whether any of them are believable or not is another question. In fact, I‘m sure after a few months we will get a post about how @King Kamala bought some of that GFW pyramid scheme gold.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Jarrett definitely has the right mix of history and being a carny to probably be more entertaining than most of Connie’s shows. Whether any of them are believable or not is another question. In fact, I‘m sure after a few months we will get a post about how @King Kamala bought some of that GFW pyramid scheme gold.
Only if Gary Cubeta is selling it.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Jarrett having a revolving series of guests would be my speed. Get New Jack on there with him to bullshit about TNA. Find D-Ray 3000. Delve into how Dixie fucked over Jesse Sorenson. Dixie herself. There's a lot of stuff there, good or bad.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Could just be the TNA nostalgia within me, but I might check out a few episodes of this. I find Jarrett more interesting and entertaining than than the guy with the most popular podcast in Prichard.
Snark aside, I'm honestly more interested in hearing Double J pontificate for 1 to 3 hours a week than any AFS host besides JR and Bischoff. Kurt Angle is in my all time Top 10 favorite wrestlers but he's always been a few sandwiches short of a picnic hamper in shoot interviews so Idk how compelling his podcast is. It seems significantly shorter than the other shows so I'll probably get around to it eventually.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Someone else pointed it out in one of the old school rasslin Facebook groups I'm in that JR & IRS didn't really share that much time together in WWF. So probably most of the discussion will be about THE VARSITY CLUB (excited murmuring from JR), his seafaring days, and Michael VK Wallstreet.

But titling the episode after Mike Rotunda would ruin Conrad's sweet "We'll release an episode on IRS on Tax Day. Roll tide on that one" joke.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
I doubt people are interested much in Rotundo himself. But if Rotundo wrote a book, he was in WWF for Rock 'n' Wrestling, New Generation WWF, WCW during the peak of the nWo, Florida, etc., he's been in interesting places.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Catching up on older podcasts during some time off and listened to WrestleMania 12 & 22 episodes of STWW. Bruce sounds audibly much more relaxed and dismissive. If barely doing any shows is what gets him to that state, they should probably just switch the format to new episodes 1 or 2 a month and these stupid remix episodes than Conrad forcing Bruce to snipe at him 45 minutes about IYH: Good Friends, Better Enemies.