Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

WWF New Generation Thread III

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I would say it was a popular haircut ATT but I don't remember many adults rocking that type of bowl cut! Besides Bowlcut Kid, I can't recall too many people over the age of 12 having that hair cut.
It's a total 90s lesbian stereotype cut. Like the kind a sitcom character gets because it's funny and lesbian jokes are in.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Still 100% sure Tony Khan posted here so he would count.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
if he counts then Dave Prazak count.

It's a total 90s lesbian stereotype cut. Like the kind a sitcom character gets because it's funny and lesbian jokes are in.
Technically and I guess just barely considering we were all in 5th grade, the first pair of breasts I saw was a butch stereotypical '90s lesbian with aforementioned haircut getting her shirt accidentally ripped off while fighting a boy. GTs.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Back to Spotlight, I was surprised when I found out they ever aired exclusive matches let alone as late as late summer '93.

Also weird to see Papa Shango around this late. It is kind of sad for the @BruiserBrodys and mes of the world to see him reduced to an already in the ring, jobber entrance.

Last edited:

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
According to Between the Sheets "Titangate Part 3" special, Warrior stooged himself to Vince on getting HGH from England. He told him sometimes customs claims it. He even admitted Davey was the one who told him about how to order.
I assume to avoid legal issues, Vince then had to fire both men for skirting the rules.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I just wish he had made it to the main roster during that late '00s run. HOG as manager/part time six man partner for Jesse & Festus could've worked dammit!

Fall of Epic

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Yeah Godwinn was hired in '06 when they were trying to get veterans to work with green talent at Deep South. They also hired Marty Jannetty and 2 Cold Scorpio.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
BookReaderImages.php

I thought the "Born Again" gimmick was invented by WWF but here is Jake The Snake doing it in Apter Magazine a year earlier.

And imagine going into a 1995 NYC bar and Missy Hyatt is your bartender. Hubba hubba.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I swear I remember a story about Missy showing up at a wwe house show at
MSG in late 97/early 98 in the front row and teasing taking her top off the whole show to try and get a job.

Pretty sure it was the same show as the Shawn v Brooklyn Brawler match

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Didn't Missy show up in the audience of an ECW show in NYC around that time too looking for work?

That HBK/Brawler match was less than a week after the Montreal Screwjob. That had to be a wink wink nudge nudge reference for all of the hardcore smart fans in NYC to Bret complaining that he'd rather lose the title to Brawler than HBK, right?

Valeyard

Reaction score
Could've changed a few things and had Goldust leave Terri for Missy. Forget the TAFKA Goldust shit and go scumdust with skanky Missy.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If wrestling wasn't so racist and behind the times, I feel like Konnan should have been in the mix as potential option for WWF World Champion in '92.

In fact, it's kind of weird that WWF still hasn't really had a long term Latino World Champion since Pedro Morales. Eddie burned out in 3-4 months and Rey's never really had a good World Title run. Don't even bring up that piece of slime Del Rio.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If wrestling wasn't so racist and behind the times, I feel like Konnan should have been in the mix as potential option for WWF World Champion in '92.

In fact, it's kind of weird that WWF still hasn't really had a long term Latino World Champion since Pedro Morales. Eddie burned out in 3-4 months and Rey's never really had a good World Title run. Don't even bring up that piece of slime Del Rio.
I feel like 3-4 months is long-term by today's standards.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Konnan would've been a perfect guy to bring in for Diesel to feud with. Sub him for Bulldog at IYH and the match, with two guys trying desperately to show they have something to prove, would be ten times better than what we got. I think he might be the only guy at the time who could've gotten something really watchable out of Jake, just based on their history.

Hell make him a heel for a little while in 1993 so he can represent Mexico against Luger or feud with 123 Kid for a while.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
IMO:
Konnan/Nash would have been a car wreck.
Konnan's early WCW stuff was pretty spotty and obvious co-op as it was. I can't see him and Nash meshing at all.
Konnan vs Shawn in 93/94 would have probably been a banger.
Konnan was breaking down fast too as he was trying to work Lucha while also roided to the gills.

Signing Konnan to be Max Moon instead of building off his fame in 1992/93 was pretty stupid.

I am not sure if I read about him in PWI (or at least paid attention) until seeing the World's Collide PPV ad w/ Konnan vs Perro in my neighbor's cable guide.
PWI made a big deal out of taking Jake's hair.

Valeyard

Reaction score
When wasn't Stu a befuddled, doddering sadist? Like he looked and sounded 80 when he first made an appearance.