Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

WWF New Generation Thread III

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I really want to believe Backlund trying to climb Mabel like a psychotic spider money to lock in the crossface would be a fun five minutes.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Ponder this, @BruiserBrody. I always felt like HBK’s ‘95-‘96 mega push was somewhat of a desperate move.

(WCW thread crosspost)
I always thought it was kind of weird Sting and Nash had somewhat limited interaction. I know they were opponents (and partners) in a number of tag team matches but I don’t recall a lot of one on one Sting Vs Nash stuff. I am sure someone will bring up some BS match from ‘98-‘00 (or TNA) but we never got a big PPV match between the two. Idk why but I see them having weirdly awesome chemistry.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Sting would actually have rights to his name too as he trademarked it before the singer could IIRC.

Babyfaces in 95 aren't even the problem, Nash had no credible heels to draw money with other than Sid. (Backlund, Mabel, Jarrett, Camp Corny)
If Shawn still goes face, then you almost have to pull the trigger on a Razor heel turn. Depending on the timing, maybe he counters Shawn's babyface turn by going heel, and Savio is either brought in to be his heavy or to be his former friend who is upset by his recent turn.
Ahmed may come in as a heel if Sting is also clogging up the face side (although Nash's heel turn would be coming soon)
If Vader still gets fired, then maybe Sting and Vader tear down the house at a PPV and Shawn and HHH will have to work double time to bury them.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
Sting wrestled Nash on the 2000 Germany-only "Millennium Final" PPV, successfully defending the European Cup he won on the 1994 tour where Foley lost his ear.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Sting eats Bret's spot in 1995 more than Shawn's, I think. Although he's a two time IC champ by the end of the year.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Comfortable as fuck. Good mobility. Fuck outta here.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Yeah the hat wasn't an issue, even if it was distracting. The lamest full-face paint he'd ever done was worse. Like that said more about how interested he was than a hat.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Weird thing is there was no reason for the lame paint job. Except maybe to indicate Lawler was only able to get one over on him cause Warrior was putting in absolutely zero effort that night.

In a way, the ‘96 WWF run was worse than the WCW run because at least the WCW was memorably bad and in its own way, weirdly inspired.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah the hat wasn't an issue, even if it was distracting. The lamest full-face paint he'd ever done was worse. Like that said more about how interested he was than a hat.
We can pretend it was a call back to his Blade Runner paint since he worked Memphis with the plain black face paint.

Valeyard

Reaction score
The 96 run still pisses me off. I was so hyped for his return and he just dicked around with Goldust and Lawler for most of it, and when something was finally happening he quit. Warrior should've just won the IC title.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Idk why but in my head in that scenario, I just imagine Warrior feuding with the Nation of Domination, which sounds horrible and potentially incredibly unintentionally hilarious

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I’ve heard Camp Cornette called the ‘96 version of Million Dollar Corporation, which seems unfair. Not saying it was anyone’s best work but even those guys going through the motion is way better than that MDC dog Doo Doo. It probably just looked bad in comparison to nWo happening on the other channel

Valeyard

Reaction score
Camp Cornette were totally fine, they just were a midcard stable at any other point in history that was thrust into a main event one because there was no one else. I love all those guys but they weren't on Shawn's level, status-wise, in 1996.

Vader and Cornette were a horrible combination though. Never, ever fit.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Valeyard

Reaction score
My foul mouthed disabled midget died years ago.

Also that's doctored because the internet told me Shane and Steph were the creatures of the night.