Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

WWF New Generation Thread III

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Whichever one appeared on 57Talk back in the day sounded weirdly normal and jovial. I think it was Wayne but it might’ve been Ross.

Afaik, all of the next gen Harts seem more normal than you’d expect with the glaring exception of Teddy. Like not normal normal but less messed up than you’d think offspring of the Hart Family would be. Teddy makes up for it though on his own by maybe being the most messed up Hart. None of Bret’s brothers dabbled in rape or murder afaik.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Bret is a genuinely handsome guy at his peak. He didn't slay more pussy than a big city animal shelter for no reason. Dude looked like John Braveheart for most of 1995. Wayne looks more like Alan Tudyk in a Hart biopic than anything. Owen is a very ugly man. Bruce just always looks like he's up to something, but now he happens to also look like he's going to complain to the manager.

There is no such thing as happy member of that family.
What percentage of the general population do you consider good looking? Taking into account that like 70% of Americans are obese they have a leg up there. Overall, I don't think they're that much uglier than the average American family.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
You are around some genetically suspicious average American families.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
You are around some genetically suspicious average American families.
As a Walmart employee of 22 years, I will confirm the average human is less than attractive.

One of the odd things I like to do while people watching at work is to picture the various males as WCW jobbers. Yes, exclusively WCW due to the hickish nature of our area.
--
Not sure I saw the Pug until Thurs Raw Thurs or maybe it was a Fri Special post SSlam 96. (Syndication died under HBK) I loved that Mankind was facing off with this NCAA gimmick. I had no idea at the time Pug had been in Global or whatever.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Too many people seem to associate with mutants.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I met Bruce Hart in 2018 at the Thesz/Tragos hall of fame inductions (Owen went in that year). After reading so many microwavable internet takes, I was surprised to find out he's a nice, normal guy that likes talking about his family and his memories.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
I met Bruce Hart in 2018 at the Thesz/Tragos hall of fame inductions (Owen went in that year). After reading so many microwavable internet takes, I was surprised to find out he's a nice, normal guy that likes talking about his family and his memories.
Did you ask about having a screaming match over Stu's body in the hospital?

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
No, it didn't seem like the right time to be super online and edgy. Felt better to just enjoy the conversation and the moment.

Valeyard

Reaction score
It depends, I think. Holly's Jarrett matches are really fun, so I'm a fan, but I can't see Lawler going out of second gear for Action Zone.

Bob Holly is the one wrestler I'm not sure I can behave around because I just know I'll call him Sparky at least twice.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Lawler had a fun match against Jim Powers on the RAW after WrestleMania IX (and probably gave him more offense than anyone since WWF stopped airing taped house shows) so I could see him be a giving opponent for Thurman Sparky Plugg.

Valeyard

Reaction score
On Raw, absolutely, but Action Zone? I don't know if he'd bother going harder than he needed to. I don't know if it would be as good as the Holly/Jarrett matches, though.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Did you know the midgets made an appearance in WEW?
Midgets make everything okay.
I couldn’t find that but this is what I did find. From Jim Ross’ first free TV appearance in WWF.

Tiger Jackson is the rare person who looks so weird that clown makeup is an improvement over their normal appearance.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Finally, the Frog shoot interview we have been waiting for.

Being part of the OMEGA Crew is how he ended up getting a random PPV appearance in ‘06 getting squashed during MVP’s debut.

Edit- Frog was Marty Garner’s tag team partner, I guess? Marty Garner was a Dupp.
More reason for @Laz to be annoyed by me.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It’s wild a national brand would promote publicly it was at the high school. I’m sure in Lawrenceburg County they would have figured out where the rasslin was.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I really wish they'd run my small town. Couldn't have drawn worse than the show I went to headlined with Al Burke and Earthquake Ferris.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I know WWE was running the occasional high school well into the ‘00s (maybe even early 2010s) but at thought they only did it in the Northeast. Maybe Lawler let them have some of his spot towns?

The AEW House Rules should have been at high schools.