Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

WWF New Generation Thread III

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Seeing a 1993 wrestling show at all, or at least one without a Funk or Gilbert on the card, feels like a wonderful mess.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I cannot imagine Knobbs and Dynamite being cool in any way. Knobbs is the exact sort of guy Dynamite would've fucked with all the time.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Dynamite loved the Nasty Boys from some tours of Japan they did together in the late ‘80s. Their friendship was based around the Nasty Boys keeping up with Dynamite at the bars after the show and letting him ash out his cigarettes on their heads. So it wasn’t really a positive, healthy friendship per se.

Knobbs was the one who found out where Dynamite Kid was living in the slums of Manchester and took Bret there during an off day during one of the WWF’s European tours after Bret became World Champ.

Last edited:

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Duke the Dumpster and Lawler got in some trouble for that angle, believe it or not.

Here’s the apology:

LOL at Gorilla declaring that we would never see something like that again in the World Wrestling Federation.

Side note: What was the deal with Lawler wearing shades? Did have some cosmetic work done shortly before this?

Valeyard

Reaction score
Cornette and the Heavenly Bodies busting out some John Denver works. Diesel doing a legally distinct "Detroit Rock City." Get Razor to do some Tony Orlando shit. Bigelow and Luna with some "Don't Go Breakin My Heart."

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
95 release:

Man Mountain Rock does an original jam.
Skip and Sunny "Let's Get Physical"
Double J finally plays "Ain't I great"
Smoking Gunn "Shoulda Been a Cowboy"
Goldust "Your Woman" - White Town
Harvey Whippleman "I like big butts"
Taker and Bearer "In the Year 2525"
Duke Drose - "I Love Trash"

Valeyard

Reaction score
Kills me how Taker's a legend for keeping kayfabe and everything but somehow telling people to dance the Taker is keeping character.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I'd have really been into Bret and Alundra vs Yokozuna and Bull.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Drose would've been a great guy for the Million Dollar Corporation, as backhanded a compliment as that is. A world somewhere exists where Duke and Balls Mahoney are a badass team of bodyguards for Dibiase.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Davis was great. One of the best WWF refs. Honestly a case exists for the 1991-94 crew being a GOAT ref team.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Referee crews are maybe the only thing WWE has done consistently better than any other major North American promotion.

Even when WCW was beating the brakes off of them, their referee crew seemed like a step or two blow them. Current mostly anonymous crew are better than AEW's motley crew.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I honestly don't like any of the AEW refs except Remsburg and Aubrey, one who has been around forever and the other is getting better over time. I have no idea who any WWE refs are.

But the crew from probably 88-94 --the Joey Marella Era-- is my favorite. Marella, Dave Hebner, Davis, Chioda, Doan, Fonzie, Korderas-- buncha guys I really like. And Earl and Tim White who suck.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I just don’t like the weird bald guy in AEW. I like Bryce Remsburg and he seems like a really good guy but sometimes he seems goofy.

New Gen has some of my least favorite refs. Obviously, Earl Dearl but also I feel like once Billy Silverman shows up, you know things are either heading downhill or at rock bottom. That is a personal bias though since he is a Mainer and only referee that’s shown up in an aggravating way in my Facebook feed.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I first realized I hated Earl when he did the slow count spot during a Taker/Tatanka match on Raw. Like the epitome of a match that doesn't deserve that level of attention seeking. The rest of the crew added way more than they took away. I don't like Chioda on a personal level but he might be the best WWE ref ever.