Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

WWF New Generation Thread III

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This match is like me and Brody squabbling for the last crab Rangoon at the Chinese food buffet at CXFCON.

Idk if I have ever seen Bobby Heenan-Tom Pettengill interaction before. I like implication Heenan was involved in Watergate.

Even if I had watched this as a kid, I would’ve thought Todd/Tom was too stupid in these segments.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
He's too young to give Heenan shit in the sense that he comes off like smug kid. Heenan should've fucked him up.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
This match is like me and Brody squabbling for the last crab Rangoon at the Chinese food buffet at CXFCON.

Idk if I have ever seen Bobby Heenan-Tom Pettengill interaction before. I like implication Heenan was involved in Watergate.

Even if I had watched this as a kid, I would’ve thought Todd/Tom was too stupid in these segments.
Now I want to know what befell the poor sound guy Monsoon and Hayes mentioned.

Uncle Fred got one fan to pop for his corner splash. Probably hour 4 of a TV taping where most of the adults were hoping Saddam would nuke the building and end the pain.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Listening to the final episode of John Arezzi's podcast (well, this current iteration, he is starting up again in April '89 to recover all of the episodes he covered with Brian Last in a few week), covering 1-22-1995 (the morning of Royal Rumble '95). According to 1995 John Arezzi, Jim Neidhart was suspended indefinitely for shaving one of Freddie Blassie's eyebrows on an airplane.

In more upsetting, 29 year old news, Arezzi also read off the 1994 WON Awards. It was revealed Mr. Fuji won "Worst Manager of the Year" eight years in a row and for 10 out of the 12 Observer Awards. Damn you, '80s/'90s smarks.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Even at his worst, he was still better than Harvey Whippleman* or WCW Jimmy Hart.

*although Meltz was probably like “well actually Harvey works as Downtown Bruno in Memphis and is really good.”

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
TIL Tatanka was discovered by Buddy Rogers.
Finally listening to this while I am home sick. Bruce sounds pilled out or wet brained. Very slurry and rambling. He starts the episode with a big diatribe about how Buddy was a film flam man and regular participant in slip and fall scams.

He is still more likable than Bischoff.

Valeyard

Reaction score
They're actually really equal for me and would've been a hell of a scumbag boss and sidekick somewhere.

When/where did Bruce and Buddy cross paths?

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Bruce mentioned hanging out with him at CAC.

Buddy Rogers basically died after breaking his hip in a grocery store but if Conrad knew that, Bruce would just say it’s a “Boy Who Cried Wolf” scenario.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Jay sucked and I kinda feel bad for Tatanka.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I have, but admittedly not much because what I saw I didn't care for and once I discovered Wahoo I didn't need him anymore.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Bigelow and Tatanka deserved much better. I wonder if just going full heel team with them helps or not in 1995.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score

It took Powers 7 years of doing jobs to realize the WWF saw him as a JTTS apparently.

Powers and Roma had the (roid) bodies but did not have the height to get a push. Powers was already in his mid 30s when that Kid/Razor angle aired anyway.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Who was the on-screen Hank Jr for the commercials for the Wrestlemania 11 reairing on Fox? My mind says it was Bruce Pritchard but that is probably not the case since I haven't seen the commercials since it happened. That special was bullshit, too. Stayed up late to watch two clipped matches.

Whoever the singer is is also the one who did the shitty "Sexy Boy" cover from The Music Vol. 2, right? The one everyone wants to believe is Vince?