Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

WWF New Generation Thread III

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6

So many options for Bossman if he had gone back to the WWF.
Finish the angle with Doink after being "blinded"
Cannon fodder for Borga
IC Stuff w/ Shawn etc
Further shower thoughts on the Bossman in 93.

After Mania put him in a tag with Duggan for the easy pop opening match spot. After a run with the Shrinkers, they can have Well Dunn and the Heavenly Bodies to use as pinballs. The end game is a ready made squad for the Quebecers to mess with
--
Option B Bossman sticks around long enough to turn heel and becomes the 1st member of the Million Dollar Corp.
Easy story can be Bossman wouldn't take Dibiase's money in 1990 to turn face, but now Bossman's Mama is sick and he needs the cash. Gives you the easy out when ever he needs a face turn eventually.
--
Option C: Bossman dinks around with my initial ideas with Doink, etc but vanishes after the Rumble 94. He reappears at Mania 10 to be the guest ref for Luger/Yoko and does the heel turn and realigns with Corny to make the Brodys of the world happy

Last edited:

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Bossman becoming a pro-USA ally in 1993 goes without saying. You can put him anywhere you really want Tatanka but don't want to have him job. He also would be a fine ally for Perfect to counter Diesel in the Shawn feud, and when Perfect leaves can take over whatever he was intended for.

Have to turn him in 94. Hell Bossman taking Tatanka's spot again with Luger works. I don't like the continuity shit of Bossman going with Dibiase but whatever, everybody's got a price. He can feud with Luger (and Tatanka in this scenario, if you really wanted) and you can heat him up really easily for the most important role coming up: a credible opponent for Diesel.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Bossman becoming a pro-USA ally in 1993 goes without saying. You can put him anywhere you really want Tatanka but don't want to have him job. He also would be a fine ally for Perfect to counter Diesel in the Shawn feud, and when Perfect leaves can take over whatever he was intended for.

Have to turn him in 94. Hell Bossman taking Tatanka's spot again with Luger works. I don't like the continuity shit of Bossman going with Dibiase but whatever, everybody's got a price. He can feud with Luger (and Tatanka in this scenario, if you really wanted) and you can heat him up really easily for the most important role coming up: a credible opponent for Diesel.
All great ideas but the real money is Bossman turning on America ala Crush and becoming a Japanese sympathizer and reuniting with Corny.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Not sure what is weirder. Jim Powers in Summer of ‘94 WWF, Kwang squashing a semi notable wrestler or JR & King calling Summer of ‘94 WWF C shows.

Who’d have thought five years later that they’d be one of most notable commentary teams of all time?

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Bill Irwin showing up pre Goon is random. And he gets to have a gimmick which is pretty rare for a non Brooklyn Brawler (“Or Michael Saxton!”- Brody) jobber.

And speaking of commentary teams in different eras than you’d expect them to be in, it is weird to hear Sean Mooney and Lord Alfred Hayes in ‘93.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Kind of. I've heard the Jericho thing before and honestly he would've been really fun but never have the chance to do anything with it. Now if they brought Jericho and Storm in as an evil hockey player workrate team? Fuck yeah.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hockey Goons vs Rodeo Wranglers would have saved 90s tag team rasslin.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It’s fun to imagine but in reality, they probably have an endless 50/50 series with the “Hongi!” Era Bushwahckers on Superstars.

Although tbh, it’s fun to imagine Jericho or Storm selling the battering ram.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Yeah, they'd give the Bushwhackers their best matches in the WWF. It would be great. They'd probably get some kind of reward for it too, even if it's just Raws with the Gunns or being Well Dunn's partners in eight mans on Coliseum tapings.

Cruisergoons get over, though. Like there's no way they don't win Vince over with comedy and get at least some decent Raw time for hidden gem shit.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Bill Irwin showing up pre Goon is random. And he gets to have a gimmick which is pretty rare for a non Brooklyn Brawler (“Or Michael Saxton!”- Brody) jobber.

And speaking of commentary teams in different eras than you’d expect them to be in, it is weird to hear Sean Mooney and Lord Alfred Hayes in ‘93.
There's a Irwin match from this era with Mr Perfect commentary on it where he openly marks out for his old AWA friend.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, they'd give the Bushwhackers their best matches in the WWF. It would be great. They'd probably get some kind of reward for it too, even if it's just Raws with the Gunns or being Well Dunn's partners in eight mans on Coliseum tapings.

Cruisergoons get over, though. Like there's no way they don't win Vince over with comedy and get at least some decent Raw time for hidden gem shit.
Techno Team 2000 vs Storm/Jericho opening house shows for months while Meltzer furiously throws stars out at them to appease his readers.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Nah Tekno Team wouldn't last that long, which is kind of a shame because they definitely had a place somewhere. But I'm a Chad Fortune mark.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They made it to the summer of 95. Apparently their last team match was vs MANTAUR and Dr Tom.

Can't recall if they randomly teamed in WCW when both were JTTS duty guys. I recall being pretty surprised when Fortune showed up on Worldwide one week.
Nah Tekno Team wouldn't last that long, which is kind of a shame because they definitely had a place somewhere. But I'm a Chad Fortune mark.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Nah, there was a Bodydonnas match in 96 where they just turned up.

Chad Fortune is the sort of name that makes an indie star now.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Damn. RIP.

I'm pretty sure she was interviewed for an article (maybe even by WWE.com) after Razor died and I was pleasantly surprised that she was still alive. I either forgot or didn't know that she was also in that Magic Johnson Nick News special.

Valeyard

Reaction score
And questionable quality wise. That's *** or nothing.