Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

WWF New Generation Thread III

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Honestly, I 100% think she probably fucked a wrestler, but it definitely was not Savage.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If a New Gen wrestler fucked Stephanie, someone definitely would have bobbed about it. If not the wrestler himself (herself!? What if Luna Vachon scissored the boss’ daughter at the Hampton Inn!?), one of their lunkhead buddies would.

Valeyard

Reaction score
If a New Gen wrestler fucked Stephanie, someone definitely would have bobbed about it. If not the wrestler himself (herself!? What if Luna Vachon scissored the boss’ daughter at the Hampton Inn!?), one of their lunkhead buddies would.
I mean, the whole reason Luna was in the WWF Raw game is because she was Steph's favorite. I'm in favor of this head canon.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Uniform for the CXF’s softball team when we play the PWO board.
I'll be the pitcher for Loss4Words....

---

Yearly post about how just about to turn 12 year old Brody made it a point to go to his brother's house to watch this. (IIRC)
A WWF title match on free TV!?!? And with 2 of my favorites at that moment!?
I've got to see this! This may have only been the 3rd RAW I'd ever seen (if that).

Valeyard

Reaction score
Savage is really good during that match, too. Dude is underrated in the booth.

It's a shame a random Raw in 1993 or early 94 didn't give us Kid/Yokozuna though.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen Crush/Yoko from 93 in full. My parents both took off work that week and I remember we went out to eat and to the mall with my aunt and her family. I remember wanting to get back in time to watch Raw but didn't make it. Saw clips on the weekend shows I think.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I saw TL Hopper's RAW debut live.
I was mad that Tony Anthony was given a crap gimmick. My uncle told me Tony was likely to get repackaged anyway and this was just a gimmick to break him in.

Years later I met a kid in high school and we became besties. He went to the same RAW and claims when you see Hopper give a thumbs up and shouting "Hey! Little Buddy!" it was directed towards my friend.

Valeyard

Reaction score
It's too bad the Godwinns didn't turn on Hillbilly Jim. Instant success.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Wrong move.

Hillbilly Jim turning on his country bumpkin nephews tired of being poor and living in a shack in Kentucky and taking Dibiase’s dirty money to take over the Corporation was the move.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
IMG-5295.jpg

I just pulled a pair of jeans out of my bottom dresser drawer and found this. wtf

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
What plans were there for Mr. Perfect before he left for the last time in 1996?
Without looking up the official answer, it appears they were more interested in figuring out a way for HHH to get over than forcing Hennig back into any prominent role, The WWF did mess with his Lloyds of London deal, which pissed Curt off and made him jump to WCW.
From where we last saw him, at best you can assume he may have worked Mero a bit and stayed on as HHH's lackey. You can hazard a guess that would mean a turn at some point when HHH says too many snide remarks about being the greatest IC champ ever or something.
Rocky Miavia was about to debut, so Curt would be in the way of the next up coming babyface if and when he did turn on HHH.
They switched bookers in the spring of 97 so who knows where Russo would stick Mr Perfect.

Epic for the Summer

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I don't think there were any plans outside of being HHH's manager. His Lloyds of London policy would have kept him out of the ring.

They kayfabed Hennig's exit by saying he didn't have a manager's license so he couldn't accompany Hunter to the ring.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don't think there were any plans outside of being HHH's manager. His Lloyds of London policy would have kept him out of the ring.

They kayfabed Hennig's exit by saying he didn't have a manager's license so he couldn't accompany Hunter to the ring.
Didn't they show the Hennig "fake" injury angle backstage and reuse it to claim HHH injured Curt and he left the WWF?

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
On Survivor Series, it was mentioned on commentary that Perfect was taking all the credit for Hunter's success, which led to a disagreement and Perfect not being present.

I had sort of assumed that Perfect was just there at least short-term largely to give a rub to HHH, I was just curious whether longer-term there were plans for him to come back of if he was just going to milk the Lloyd's thing as long as possible.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I figured it would be to have him turn face and give us Perfect/HHH in the summer, sort of in the place of Foley. Rock gets the title at Wrestlemania once Mero goes down with the injury.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
What do people here think about the Backlund storyline in 94? The heel turn was sick and there was some entertainment but I feel like it really ruined Bret’s credibility to lose to this guy who Diesel killed in less than ten seconds. Also if the point was to build him up as a future heel, Diesel killed that too and he pretty much lost all momentum.

The looking at the hands thing was classic though.

Valeyard

Reaction score
It ruled. Bret losing to him wasn't a problem since Backlund was insane and had the scariest finish in the company in kayfabe and even then, Owen cost him the match anyway. I'd argue it made Bret look better since he never quit, and is a fun moment to look back on when you see the Austin match.

Diesel killing him immediately was a problem. At the same time Backlund 100% should never have gotten the belt, either, and couldn't hang with the rest of the New Generation guys.