Also, people who attended the convention

ld9FNXO.jpeg

yyDgSh5.jpeg

OZA8ArX.jpeg

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score

"The election is being fought most acutely in seven states: Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.

Almost 70% of that ($72.1 Million) has been spent in the seven key states, especially in Pennsylvania, where $21.2 million has been spent. That means that almost $3 out of every $10 spent is going to one state.

Four dollars out of every $5 MAGA Inc. has spent has gone to Pennsylvania. The other $1 is mostly going to Georgia, where it’s spending $1.2 million. Trump and allies have not been on the air at all in four of the Lucky Seven: Arizona, North Carolina, Nevada or Wisconsin."

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
I wish their was a way to opt out of certain ads. Like TIM HOVDE you Jeff Foxworthy looking FUCK, I'm not going to vote for you to take away my Social Security so you can give it to your millionaire cunt friends in California. Fuck u and quit giving me your ad 13 times each morning.

They have an attack ad on Tammy Baldwin where they bash her for flying to NY during Covid to live with her gf while we were supposed to be staying home. It should almost make the Republicans like her more to defy the Covid mandates.

Staff member
Reaction score
It’s hard for me to verbalize how I feel but I think of 2020, the promises of that summer and the millions of people that marched. I think of the hopes we had. And then I think of how people feel now and I can’t believe these are the choices we have. The person getting re-elected has to convince people he’s done a good job but that isn’t true, and we all know that it’s not. But he can’t apologize and tell everyone he’s sorry for not doing a good enough job.

So you have people feeling like nothing matters. Our country is run by two sets of bad people, one of them is completely insane but the majority of Democrats are bad people too because they think the country is perfectly fine as long as they’re in charge of it, and they’ll stick their fingers in their ears and refuse to listen to any criticism. I don't give a shit about how someone will say I'm making a false equivalency, I'm not equating them but I feel obligated to point out there's a small group of good guys in the Democratic caucus, and that's basically it. The majority of the caucus believes the country is being run perfectly. So you know the ways the country is messed up? It doesn’t even get through to these people because they’ve insulated themselves into a Washington bubble and refuse to believe people don’t like the President. And if you don’t believe me?

If you think this is the attitude of ‘good people’ you’re a poor judge of character. I've said this before on here, but democracy only works when most people believe something can get accomplished through democracy. But can we still accomplish things through democracy or is our empire paralyzed into malaise and downfall? I feel like Tony in this video:

You know what's funny though, is that Democrats besides Biden are actually polling quite well in their elections, and the national party is gonna run this old fuck and the entire country straight into the ground out of nothing but spite for their voters. Cause that's all it is. Nothing but spite, the feeling that they know better than you do, and the idea that the country is going great even though nobody in a blue state (the ones that's supposed to vote for them) can afford to buy anything or live anywhere.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
This is in Canada but I think it outlines the same issue dems down there have

After years of dancing around the issue, they’ve finally said the quiet part out loud. Neoliberal parties don’t actually give a shit about people that are struggling.

Staff member
Reaction score
This is in Canada but I think it outlines the same issue dems down there have

After years of dancing around the issue, they’ve finally said the quiet part out loud. Neoliberal parties don’t actually give a shit about people that are struggling.
They've exposed themselves as having the same 'capitalism is god' mentality that the right wingers have. The Dems keep trying to shout from the rooftops that the economy is good. Well what's good about it? Companies are posting record profits and they've been doing it for 10-12 quarters in a row but look at how they've done that, it's by price gouging. So that's good? They keep trying to tell people inflation is going down but they have no regard for what inflation has already done to people, and the prices on goods affected by inflation are absolutely not decreasing.

And if anyone thinks I'm talking bullshit about what inflation's done to people? Here's some proof.

Recent New York Fed data showed the percentage of credit card balances in serious delinquency climbed to its highest level since 2012.

Total household debt is at almost 18 trillion. The average interest rate on credit card debt anyway is higher than it has ever been before. In other words they're stealing more money than ever, the government didn't do anything about it, and every American knows about it because we all have credit cards. This is something that affects everyone's opinion because everyone sees it. People have loaded debt onto themselves to survive these price increases and high rent/mortgage but that's only going to work for so long.

Democrats are the ones expected to protect people from predators and they aren't doing that, people are struggling. These people refuse to believe that their traditional indicators of a good economy don't apply to every single person out there.

If Biden was gonna win the election he'd have to convince all these people that they're wrong. Good luck with that.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
If you don't already own a house in this country right now you are pretty much 100% fucked. This housing crisis has been going on for years and no one has done shit about it.

Companies have used automation to increase profits while downsizing people which makes the stocks go higher that the 1% disproportionatly own. There are all kinds of tax breaks associated with gains made via investments versus regular income thereby making both the income inequality and national debt (due to a lack of taxes being collected) worse.

Healthcare continues to be fucked. Even if you have insurance you are one major illness or injury away from not only being hurt physically, but also destroyed economically.

Inflation has gotten so bad that I feel like I'm taking out a mortgage when I go to the grocery store. I'm sorry, but there's no reason a 12 pack of Cokes should have gone from 3.50 to 10.00 in 4 years. Even if companies are paying their employees a dollar or two more an hour. Those companies are all just gouging the consumers, and then when they report record profits they turn around and do mass-layoffs because they need to make even more profit so the 1% can make more on their stocks.

So, yeah. Everything is fucked.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Companies have used automation to increase profits while downsizing people which makes the stocks go higher that the 1% disproportionately own. There are all kinds of tax breaks associated with gains made via investments versus regular income thereby making both the income inequality and national debt (due to a lack of taxes being collected) worse.
Then even in states that try to increase the minimum wage (see California and the $20/Hr target), companies still lay off people and use automation to get around hiring people or they lay off people and slash hours while raising prices of goods trying to argue that it's the only way they can afford to pay their employees after the wage increase. It's such a fucked system.

"Burger chain Shake Shack signaled last year that all of its locations would have self-serve ordering kiosks by the end of 2023."

"Prior to the minimum wage hike, Ghai said 25% of his locations already had self-service kiosks systems. “The initial plan was to install them in all of our locations over the next five to 10 years,” he said. Since April 1, he has dramatically shortened that timeframe. Ghai is scrambling to get a hold of as many self service kiosks as he can from vendors because he wants to install them in all of his restaurants in California over the next 30 to 60 days. “Everyone’s trying to get them,” he said. While he’s not looking to lay off workers, using technology will help to shave hours and costs, he said."

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
When they upped the base pay to 14-15 bucks an hour a couple years ago Walmart took away our holiday pay and our quarterly profit sharing.
The online grocery pickers (OGP) were to be paid 15 but since they pulled other associates constantly to do the job since the orders came in heavy and the number of OGP associates were not able to keep up. So the employees who were pulled would complain that they were doing a job that was a higher pay scale without compensation.... so Walmart quietly took away the OGP extra pay and everybody was paid like the same peon level.

That's up there with story when they tried to make me management but didn't want to increase my money because I am almost capped out. "Take on more responsibility so we can yell at you 24/7, but we won't pay you for it" So of course I said no.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
At least two good things will come out of this election cycle.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

JOE BIDEN IS GOING TO BE CRUSHING RED BULLS AND SNORTING ADDERALL LIKE A MANIAC

This does sound like they expect Biden to at least not come off as a senile fool.