• Donald Trump

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Also, even though I'm very much against the Democrat party's stance on immigration, from the Republican point of view, they don't have much ammo to attack with. The Democrats have been consistent in pointing out that the GOP killed their immigration bill.

Attack ads can work and it's clear anti-immigration sentiment in the US is higher now than it has been in a while, but there's no indication that the Democrats on losing on this issue right now.

Last edited:

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Pretty sure I said when I saw it in 93 on "Sightings" it freaked me out. Good try at a dunk though. Others in the thread here prefer to use the chat room to call me and "idiot" and "inbred", so the bar is high.

Not an attempt to dunk, a genuine case of not being sure if it was you or one of the cabbageboys of the board. That it came to mind due to the inability to understand ad algorithims is probably more of a me problem.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You know other people other than liberals vote, and they aren't deep into the wool on politics and nuances so big picture stuff works on them or else Team Trump wouldn't be hammering the issue over Wisconsinites heads?

The "don't watch the ads" argument doesn't erase the issues regardless.

--
I think Trump's ads using Kamala's own words on the inflation issue against her is also effective since trying to counter with an explanation to 70 million Americans the Covid/inflation spike connection is impossible with our educational system.

Pretty sure I said when I saw it in 93 on "Sightings" it freaked me out. Good try at a dunk though. Others in the thread here prefer to use the chat room to call me and "idiot" and "inbred", so the bar is high.
I don't remember anyone calling you "inbred" specifically. Also at least half of what is said about you is specifically because we know you read everything that is said about you and we find it weird and hilarious.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
909's point btw isn't that ads don't work or that "everyone is a liberal" its that you actually have to see the ads in the first place and that if you are seeing the ads you most likely have already done something to trigger them.

Most people don't watch ads. If it's online they have adblockers or scroll past it etc. If it's on TV the only time most people are going to see it is if they watch the news or sports and i think 80% ore more of people tune that shit out immediately.

There aren't a lot of undecided voters out there, much less people being swayed by ads. The biggest two reasons for spending all this money is 1. To motivate your base 2. It's a giant scam.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Trump's going to have to get out of the golf cart if he wants to get back the votes he lost in Wisconsin. While he's lounging around and that little runt Vance is whining to a bakers dozen people, the Dems are working their collective ass off. After drawing 5 figure attendance in Eau Claire and Milwaukee to joint rallies a couple weeks ago, Walz was back in Milwaukee yesterday and Biden is visiting this Thursday. And, like the joint bus trip through rural Georgia last week, Biden is hitting the rural market in Wisconsin. He'll be in Westby, the small town I bartended in before moving across the river this summer, on Thursday.

Hard to claw back votes vs that kind of effort with a 6-question fake town hall in a sundown town & some cartoonishly lying youtube ads.

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't remember anyone calling you "inbred" specifically. Also at least half of what is said about you is specifically because we know you read everything that is said about you and we find it weird and hilarious.
Bingo. I wouldn't say anything in there that I wouldn't say to someone here.

909's point btw isn't that ads don't work or that "everyone is a liberal" its that you actually have to see the ads in the first place and that if you are seeing the ads you most likely have already done something to trigger them.
Also bingo. Online ads are personalized is my point. They are personalized to the point of if you talk about something near a device with a microphone, they send you ads about what you were talking about. They only send you ads similar to what you're consuming.

If they're trying to get undecided voters or low attention voters, you send out ads on TV not on the internet, cause those people will never see them. The ads anyone gets on YouTube are literally tailored to you.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
I'm in trouble then because the only thing that killed off months of gay AIDS medicine ads was the political season.

I also get the old lady scarecrow vacation ad several times a day.

I assumed I'm getting all the political ads (both sides) via living in a battleground state.

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah see I get non stop rental car ads cause I rented a car back in March and was kind of obsessive about getting a lower price. I was also gonna go to Vegas and was thinking about flying and getting a rental. And a ton of movie and tv ads for the kinds of shows I like.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm in trouble then because the only thing that killed off months of gay AIDS medicine ads was the political season.

I also get the old lady scarecrow vacation ad several times a day.

I assumed I'm getting all the political ads (both sides) via living in a battleground state.
Any chance it's all the conspiracy and trumper nutter stuff you look at, retweet, etc?

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I get wholesome shit like Ryan Reynolds, local leftwing organizations, get rich quick schemes, and those monsters who dump oil on ducklings just to clean them off with dish soap.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
I don't see ads. But, the keywords that influence my recommendations are "News, Music, Podcasts, Live, Professional Wrestling, Gaming, Law Enforcement, Meteorology, Mixes, Alternative Metal and Variety Shows"

God, I'm old. 10 years ago that list would've been very different. Not a big ass anywhere to be seen.

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
More and more guns will always be their answer. Demonizing mentally ill people lets them have a ready scapegoat. My MAGA cousin said undocumented immigrants should be euthanized.

They don't care about life, period.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
lmao

Both Aurora and Chicago police basically say nothing happened. And they love riling up people with this stuff.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score

"In the week that Joe Biden announced he would not run for re-election, new registrations increased by 262 per cent among Black women under 30 compared to the same week in 2020.

Registrations among Black voters increased by 110 per cent, and among voters under 30 years old by 59 per cent, also compared to the same week in 2020.

Some 63 percent of eligible Black voters turned out to vote in Pennsylvania in 2016 — higher than the national average. That increased to 71 percent in 2020 (Asians and Hispanics held steady at 60%-60% and 52%-54% while Whites were 63%-71% and Total Pop was 63%-71%)"

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score

The Mayor himself says it happened...until he says it didn't

Two days later on July 31, Mayor Coffman shared a similar thought on talk radio.
"If you know Aurora, then what you know is that we have areas in our city, unfortunately, that have been taken, and we have to take back," he said on "The Dan Caplis Show".
A week after that interview, a property owner of troubled apartment complexes in Aurora made public claims that Tren de Aragua took over their buildings. APD and city leaders were warned on August 9th about problems at one of those properties - Whispering Pines.
In a 10-page report, a law firm representing the lender holding the mortgage said it appeared the Venezuelan gang had "forcefully taken over" the property. They wrote issues with Tren de Aragua began in late 2023. The report claimed gang members violently broke into empty units, tried to extort tenants for rent money and even severely beat a staff member in November of last year.
Records show the property manager filed a police report last November and claimed he was punched around 20 times. The police report said there was "no gang involvement/motivation" in the case.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Instead, the property managers had vanished and tenants simply were not paying anybody, Coffman explained.

The two complexes on Dallas Street and Helena Street are both facing maintenance issues and a lack of management, but the mayor said this has been the case for some time.

Property managers have been offered two full-time police officers for the next two weeks, should they return and regain control of the properties.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Mike Coffman, the mayor of Aurora said in aFacebook postthat he is now working to clear the entire building, declaring the properties a "criminal nuisance," adding the best course of action is to shut the building down.

Local police have also intervened, with officers actively patrolling areas where there is suspected Tren de Aragua activity.

Staff member
Reaction score
I will retract my idiot remark but I will say that you should look up the mayor's beliefs. The police chief saying that nothing's going on carries a whole lot more weight than a Trump cocksucker telling stories.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It appeals to his feelings so he's going to believe it no matter what.
If you read the articles, it is a slum that has been abandoned. The reason they halted shutting down the buildings was due to not wanting to add to the "unhoused" problem as many of the poors live there. The criminal element exploiting such a situation is far from uncommon as to be unbelievable. See also, Cabrini Green, Chicago.
---

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score

According to a spokesperson for Aurora PD in an email to Fox News Digital, "they both posted $1,000 bond."

The bond release goes directly against ICE, which had requested detainers for both Nixon and Dixon.
Aurora City Council member Danielle Jurinsky critiqued the actions of the Aurora PD in an exclusive statement to Fox News Digital.
"At some point, the city of Aurora and the state of Colorado have got to get serious about this. This is just a shame. I'd like to know what the Aurora PD has planned to monitor these two now they've been released on bond," said Jurinsky.

Nearby Denver, Colorado is a sanctuary city, meaning officials do not cooperate with Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
AURORA, Colo. — Aurora officials agreed to drop all charges against the owner of the Aspen Grove apartment complex in exchange for selling the property, leasing it — or a "similar disposition" — and assuming the cost to board up and secure the building, The Denver Gazette has learned.
Under an agreement negotiated between the city and Nome Partners, officials agreed to drop dozens of charges against Zev Baumgarten for failing to maintain the property at 1568 Nome St. in Aurora, according to documents obtained under the Colorado Open Records Act (CORA).

In exchange, Baumgarten agreed to waive his right to a speedy trial and Nome Partners LLC agreed to sell or lease the property, and, among other things, pay up to $60,000 of the costs to clean up and secure the complex.
The affidavit states Jhonardy is "part of a gang that steals from Walmart and believes they own the apartment complex.” His ties to TdA were not mentioned in the March affidavit but were confirmed by a city spokesperson on Aug. 30.

Jhonardy was arrested for first-degree assault in connection with the November incident but he bonded out.

An Aurora PD spokesman on Wednesday told Denver7 that 10 documented members of TdA have been arrested. Six are in custody, including the two brothers from the Nome Street shooting. The spokesperson said the 10 arrests are related to crimes "assumed to stretch beyond just Nome Street."

Aurora PD said it received several claims from "members of the migrant community" of alleged gang members collecting rent at the apartment complexes. APD has not established probable cause to make any arrests on those claims.

Last edited:

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No one here cares Brody. This will have no effect on the election whatsoever. The allegation was the police did nothing about whatever was going on. It's clearly untrue because they've arrested many of the people involved.

in one of the articles you, yourself posted it stresses that there is no gang takeover, that it is completely unfounded and that all the gang activities are isolated incidents.

In the video, Interim Aurora Police Chief Heather Morris said that officers found no evidence of a gang takeover.

“We've been talking to the residents here and learning from them to find out what exactly is going on. And there's definitely a different picture. I'm not saying that there's not gang members that don't live in this community, but what we're learning out here is that gang members have not taken over this complex,” Morris said.