Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

AEW in Fall 2022- Spreading lies and bullshit to the media.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
Pizza guy getting a one off is fine and good for him, getting money and raising his profile. But it definitely showed that stuff doesn't work on a large scale.

Still hate how Danhausen is getting used, though.
Danhausen is Jamieson for the modern product. I like him but if he’s being pushed more than a guy chewing a sock for a sardine eating comedy face team you need to reevaluate your priorities.

Staff member
Reaction score
Meltzer said both sides and every version is that Punk threw the first punch, that a fight broke out, and that Ace Steel hit Nick Jackson in the eye with a chair very hard and bit Omega and pulled his hair. Dave said that the motivations from the Punk side were that he believed a fight was going to happen and punches would be thrown so he beat them to the inevitable punch that the claim is Matt Jackson was going to throw. Those close to the other side labeled it as a sucker punch. Dave also said from the Steel standpoint it was about protecting his wife, who had a broken foot and was in the room, although escalating the fight and using a weapon has to be questioned for a producer with that in mind with his wife in the room.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Yeah. I'm not getting the Danhausen misuse complaint. His ceiling is probably Scotty 2 Hotty in '00 and even that might be a stretch.
He's over-exposed and working doing bottom of the barrel comedy stuff. Less is more and his best usage would be as literally a non-wrestling type personality, like bring back the backstage interviewer or give him a talk show or let him play to strengths. The shit he's doing now feels very off and does not work in a company this size. He's something special and they seriously are fucking it up because he's being booked as just a comedy wrestler. Dude's not Santinohausen.

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
Meltzer said both sides and every version is that Punk threw the first punch, that a fight broke out, and that Ace Steel hit Nick Jackson in the eye with a chair very hard and bit Omega and pulled his hair. Dave said that the motivations from the Punk side were that he believed a fight was going to happen and punches would be thrown so he beat them to the inevitable punch that the claim is Matt Jackson was going to throw. Those close to the other side labeled it as a sucker punch. Dave also said from the Steel standpoint it was about protecting his wife, who had a broken foot and was in the room, although escalating the fight and using a weapon has to be questioned for a producer with that in mind with his wife in the room.
Like, I know Punk isn't known as a "legit fighter" and his MMA career proves it...but you're still aggro and bursting into the personal space of a guy from one of the rougher cities in the country.

ViciousFish

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Which was the first company he dramatically left?

00’s ?
10’s WWE
20’s AEW

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
ROH. Granted, that was an angle*, but Punk dropped the belt to James Gibson, who dropped it shortly after to Danielson.

*Punk announced he was leaving for WWE but wanted one more shot at the title, won it, signed his WWE contract on the belt, and threatened to take the gold to Stamford.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
It appears that while they are still keeping records of wins and loses, the rankings have been done away with. The last time they posted them was before the August 31st edition of Dynamite. This is a smart move. Wins and loses can still matter, even without keeping rankings.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
According to Fightful the location of AEW Revolution is going to be The Cow Palace in San Fran. So all you West Coasters finally get an AEW ppv.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

IF you trust Konnan that means its at least another month. Missing Triplemania is probably a decent payday so Tony is making them hurt a little.

And immensely improving Triplemania.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
So will Malakai Black return to AEW at all once his injuries are healed, he gets time off for tending to personal issues, or (from reading between lines in his twitter post) has he been fed up with the company that private conversations between him and presumably TK got leaked, he wasn't used properly according to his wishes, etc? I still am confused if this was a conditional release or not?

Also, considering Buddy and Brody are still called "House of Black" I kind of feel like they still are assuming he's coming back eventually but hard to say.

I think he will be back in WWE eventually but I just wonder, since he still had something like 4 years left on his deal, if he will have to wait a year or two as some compromise on this "conditional release?"

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
So will Malakai Black return to AEW at all once his injuries are healed, he gets time off for tending to personal issues, or (from reading between lines in his twitter post) has he been fed up with the company that private conversations between him and presumably TK got leaked, he wasn't used properly according to his wishes, etc? I still am confused if this was a conditional release or not?

Also, considering Buddy and Brody are still called "House of Black" I kind of feel like they still are assuming he's coming back eventually but hard to say.

I think he will be back in WWE eventually but I just wonder, since he still had something like 4 years left on his deal, if he will have to wait a year or two as some compromise on this "conditional release?"

My guess is he's going to take time off and if he wants to come back, the door is open. Word is that he has a very long no compete clause, possibly for the length of the contract, or at least half the time left. So it's working indies when he comes back, working AEW and indies, or waiting a long time to go back to WWE.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
That was kinda what I was thinking, he had to be desiring to go back to WWE, so he can travel with his wife again primarily, plus once Hunter got power again, I'm venturing to bet he was one of the guys referenced as being sent feelers (illegally perhaps) to return or to find out when he would be avaliable to returning.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score

IF you trust Konnan that means its at least another month. Missing Triplemania is probably a decent payday so Tony is making them hurt a little.

And immensely improving Triplemania.

He was never on the show to begin with. Meltzer said they were hoping to bring him in for the show, but he wasn't booked at all.

Fall of Epic

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Rumors are that Pat Buck has been feeding this information to the sheets. He was rumored of doing the same with WWE.

I remember several years back WWE told different fake information to people they suspected as moles to expose who was leaking information (and if I recall, it was regarding Big Show). AEW might want to look into something similar. I know there was an enhancement/Dark talent who was leaking match results and he was quickly canned.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I know it might not be popular but so many of the backstage hires, specifically the former WWE long-timers, was probably a big mistake in the long term.