Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

AEW in Fall 2022- Spreading lies and bullshit to the media.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Yeah all the promotional stuff may just be rollover from prior, time will tell if they keep showcasing them and NOT showcasing Punk.

So was the Jericho/Moxley match from last night better than Quake on the Lake? It was close, but I like the Quake match better (probably since I was there live)

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Yeah, I feel like the Firm faction is going to really get lost in the shuffle and get probably moved to ROH once that becomes a seperate brand (if it ever does). Until then we probably will see most of these guys on Dark/Dark Elevation mixing it up with other factions that arent going anywhere like The Factory, Wingmen, Dark Order, etc.

Anyway, besides the long winded Stokley promo that didn't fully connect, I thought the in-ring on this show was pretty damn solid.

Sounds like coming off that main, they shoehorned Jericho against Claudio for Grand Slam. That should be a fun one!

The Claudio match wasn't shoehorned in, necessarily. While he just planted the seeds last week on Rampage commentary, the plan has been in place for a while. Listening to WOR this morning Alvarez mentioned that Jericho has been protected and winning which made him question if he was being built up for a title match, and then he beat Bryan on the PPV which cemented the idea. Everything got thrown off due to Brawl All and Punk being stripped and having the tournament so Jericho had to take a loss, in a great match, going into the title match, which Tony doesn't like to do.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah all the promotional stuff may just be rollover from prior, time will tell if they keep showcasing them and NOT showcasing Punk.

So was the Jericho/Moxley match from last night better than Quake on the Lake? It was close, but I like the Quake match better (probably since I was there live)
Jericho faced Danielson last night and it was a really good match and probably better than All Out.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Jericho faced Danielson last night and it was a really good match and probably better than All Out.
Oops, I was typing too fast. Thats what I meant, Jericho/Danielson and not Jericho/Mox. Doing too many tasks at work today!

I felt it was MUCH better than the All Out match. The finish at the All Out match felt a bit out of nowhere and wasnt built up proper. Things went much more smoother in terms of a flow and build to the finish last night.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I sort of feel bad for MJF. Like any interest I had in his story is basically gone almost entirely because the backstage shit is a genuine version of the intrigue they tried to manufacture for his storyline, and it just doesn't feel interesting anymore.

Mox/Bryan is gonna rule and Bryan's ready.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I'll laugh if the best outcome is the show doing even better without the Elite or Punk for the rest of the year.

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
Fenix is the rare lucha star that works a nigh perfect blend of both lucha libre and American rasslin'. He's snug, he's graceful, and he has a perfect physical charisma to him.

What even are the brackets for this tourney? Because if a Fenix/Danielson final happens then I may have to actually buy a PPV for the first time in 8 years.

Staff member
Reaction score
Fenix is the rare lucha star that works a nigh perfect blend of both lucha libre and American rasslin'. He's snug, he's graceful, and he has a perfect physical charisma to him.

What even are the brackets for this tourney? Because if a Fenix/Danielson final happens then I may have to actually buy a PPV for the first time in 8 years.
The final is Danielson/Moxley next week. I’m just hoping and wishing

Valeyard

Reaction score
Pizza guy getting a one off is fine and good for him, getting money and raising his profile. But it definitely showed that stuff doesn't work on a large scale.

Still hate how Danhausen is getting used, though.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I thought the Pizza Guy cameo was actually a pretty clever wink at all of the Cornette/Brody types who complain about AEW having too much comedy.

Of course, it is only clever if it really is a one off.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm fine with him being a YouTube show guy too. More wrestlers getting paychecks the merrier for me but if he appears regularly as Danhausen's friend then I'm going to join Brody's old sourpuss club.

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
A weekly show with RJ City that's part "HEY(EW)!" and part human interest stories about different wrestlers or some shit. I cannot emphasize enough how his weekly YouTube interview show is friggin' hilarious. Big time Adult Swim, alternative comedy vibes, I think it could do well.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
How is it possible I’ve seen so much of RJ City over the years but have not once seen him wrestle?