Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

AEW in Fall 2022- Spreading lies and bullshit to the media.

Fall of Epic

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Buck was pretty well-liked backstage in WWE and was an indie lifer before signing there so those in AEW presumably have respect for him too. I'm not up-to-speed on what high-profile matches he's actually produced but you want a guy like that on your team. But yeah, if he's being Terry Taylor and leaking reports, he either has to knock it off and be canned.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Buck was pretty well-liked backstage in WWE and was an indie lifer before signing there so those in AEW presumably have respect for him too. I'm not up-to-speed on what high-profile matches he's actually produced but you want a guy like that on your team. But yeah, if he's being Terry Taylor and leaking reports, he either has to knock it off and be canned.
Pat Buck also had a hand in training MJF, Kris Statlander, and Max Caster (among others) so it is not like he is super easily expendable...but I mean if he is as loose lipped as these reports then maybe he is.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
My main man TK invoking legendary flop Wayne's World 2 when talking about Wednesday:

"It is going to be, I believe, have you guys seen 'Wayne’s World 2'? This is gonna be like my Waynestock. I’ve been through a lot lately, and we’ve gone through a lot. I’m telling you, it’s gonna come together, this is gonna like Waynestock. It’s gonna be that one perfect night in New York City this Wednesday night. Expect a lot, and you shall not be disappointed."

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think I saw Wayne's World 2 before I saw Wayne's World. Ditto with Ghostbusters II and the first one. I'll defend those sequels with the mild to moderate enthusiasm they deserve!

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I happened to tune into Dark: Elevation to watch some NE indie wrestlers that were on there. I know it's the developmental show but I'm still surprised they let something this crappy air.

Ian Riccaboni and Daddy Magic doing commentary was a pleasant surprise. The AEW C/D show commentary reminds me of the old WCW C/D show or Coliseum Home Video commentary (in a good way). You can tell they're just having a ball.

Reactions: HSJ

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
I just wanted to put this here for some perspective on CM Punk, and the people calling for him to be fired on reddit.

A NFL lineman got into a fight on the way to the lockerroom, and ended up punching an assistant coach. He was suspended one game. And the dude is just a journeyman player. Not the star QB (the equivalent of Punk).

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I happened to tune into Dark: Elevation to watch some NE indie wrestlers that were on there. I know it's the developmental show but I'm still surprised they let something this crappy air.

Ian Riccaboni and Daddy Magic doing commentary was a pleasant surprise. The AEW C/D show commentary reminds me of the old WCW C/D show or Coliseum Home Video commentary (in a good way). You can tell they're just having a ball.

MSP vs Private Party was a fun match for only a few minutes long. I'm glad MSP got some offense in. I'd love it if they were brought in, and yes AEW is stacked especially with tag teams, but just to get that bag I'd be so happy for them.

This promo, I don't know what's worse, the promo itself, or Marina trying to be so tough with that hat on. It was just a bad segment.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I've followed them since nearly day one but I think MSP need some more seasoning and time on the road. A run in Impact or MLW would be a great bridge. Hell, they haven't even gotten a full Beyond run yet. Glad they got a little shine and show a little more character than a lot of Dark job guys (B3cca kept getting referred to her IRL name by Riccaboni although her graphic had her character name) though, which gives me hope that they'll get another Dark appearance at least. They're great folks!

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I've followed them since nearly day one but I think MSP need some more seasoning and time on the road. A run in Impact or MLW would be a great bridge. Hell, they haven't even gotten a full Beyond run yet. Glad they got a little shine and show a little more character than a lot of Dark job guys (B3cca kept getting referred to her IRL name by Riccaboni although her graphic had her character name) though, which gives me hope that they'll get another Dark appearance at least. They're great folks!

As good as Ian and Daddy Magic were, that whole thing with B3cca and her name, as well as then trying to figure out what MSP meant, were a bit cringe for me.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I thought Daddy Magic constantly confusing Aggro for Prince Iaukea was funny (especially considering MSP's ring gear was pretty close to Prince Iaukea's tights circa '97) but I could also understand being annoyed and pissed off over it.

Does 2.0 do indie dates? Maybe Limitless could do a 2.0 Vs MSP match!

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I thought Daddy Magic constantly confusing Aggro for Prince Iaukea was funny (especially considering MSP's ring gear was pretty close to Prince Iaukea's tights circa '97) but I could also understand being annoyed and pissed off over it.

Does 2.0 do indie dates? Maybe Limitless could do a 2.0 Vs MSP match!

Oh, that got a giggle out of me. 2point0 vs MSP would be awesome. I think they can work indies, but I don't remember them doing many. I think they're happy where they are after working indies for 15 years and then toiling in developmental for half a decade. I know IWS, their home in Canada, had them back in March, but nothing else that I remember.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It certainly sounds like MJF becoming AEW World Champ tonight is within the realm of possibility.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
I really liked the show but hated the timing of the finish. You really needed an extra minute at the end for celebration and to drive home the importance. Going off the air so quick after crowning a world champ is pretty shitty. If you had to cut something down earlier you do it. Even if you had to shave a minute off the match.

Last edited:

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Really fun show with some great matches and big surprises. I'm glad Mox won tbh. He's just going to put over MJF so having Bryan win wouldn't make a lot of sense. Mox has an established feud with MJF and it won't hurt him at all to lose to MJF

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Keith Lee with a solid 0.8 on the Demolition Ax at Survivor Series 1990 “I don’t give a shit about my appearance because I’m jobbing tonight“ Scale.