Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

AEW in Fall 2022- Spreading lies and bullshit to the media.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
If hypothetically you gave the Elite free reign with ROH, they're big enough stars to get TV now. Easily. Also their champion is Chris Jericho who is Chris Jericho. The shows would be everything some people apparently miss about early AEW. Worst thing that could happen is it becomes a total success with the audience they want to cater to. But those AEW boomers should get with the times and realize what the business is now.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I don't like Mox winning because it meant Bryan lost and Bryan needs to stop losing when it matters. That's all. It isn't Mox, it's that Bryan had to eat it again. If it's just a placeholder to get the belt to MJF then Mox is the only choice, dude's teflon, but Bryan losing hurts future Bryan shots unless the story is how he will definitely win.

I really don't think I like the Saraya signing right now. I seriously don't trust her not to break her neck and I really don't know how many of the AEW women's wrestlers (or ones that she will be in primary contact with) I trust to not break her neck. That isn't a knock on the women's division as much as it's a knock on the super level of safety they're going to need to exhibit which will hurt their work regardless of ability.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
The story of the match was that Bryan had 4 loses going in and he's been able to avenge each of them; Jericho, Page, Garcia; except for Moxley. They played into that. If Bryan was going to hold the title for a while, then he should have won, but Moxley was in the Punk role to lose the title to MJF. Bryan beating MJF down the line for the title could be a great story, then he can get the win(s) back from Moxley.

Valeyard

Reaction score
He's lost too many first matches I guess is my thing, and the rematches haven't felt as worth it until recently with Garcia and Jericho. Those are satisfying wins, booking-wise, at least for me.

Bryan's moment in a perfect world is the one to beat MJF down the line at this point, and I have real concerns he will physically hold out that long. There's no way MJF gets a short reign and he shouldn't have one at the expense of Bryan, either.

God, I hate how MJF is such a foregone conclusion. It makes sense, yeah, but it takes a lot of fun out of things knowing how it ends.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Idk if I think the solution to the problem is as easy as just sending The Elite to ROH. It's like making someone live in the basement of their own house. I really think it's an all or nothing situation with them.

I assume Matt & Nick will get the same punishment (or at least be out the same amount of time) but who knows if push comes to shove if Kenny will serve the same punishment?

Valeyard

Reaction score
Oh you can't send them to ROH or anything. I'm speaking in hypotheticals. But if they're hurting moral like reports say, then something has to change. But there's no way I would keep them as EVPs at this point.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah absolutely. Will promoters ever learn that 999 times out of a 1000, it's a really bad friggin idea to have active wrestlers be in positions of power?

Anyway, maybe Booker T and RVD were right about them being immature, unprofessional twerps after all.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Some notes from The Observer:

The newest Wrestling Observer Newsletter stated that Triple H contacted a number of talents released under Vince McMahon, and that Black was not the only person to request his release.

Black actually went to Tony Khan and informed him that HHH contacted him about getting out his contract and returning to WWE. At the time Black was happy with his current spot, so he didn't want to leave. But, something changed over the next few months. He's now expected to return to WWE after the non-compete ends.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
It's going to hurt when Starks and Hobbs get revealed as wanting out.

And then people will be in the same position as they are with AEW. Eventually he's going to call one too many people and fans are going to expect them all to be pushed to the top, but there's only so many spots, so guys at Hobbs and Starks levels will be in that exact spot with no way to move up the card. (Not saying Hobbs and Starks were contacted, just an example). Then fans will complain about the lack of pushes in
WWE.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
I know there is oversaturation in terms of wrestling on tv. But, I really think AEW would benefit from filming Rampage live on Fridays (which they seem to doing more of this fall) and seeing if TNT will make it 2 hours. The problem is AEW really only has 2 hours of relevant tv time currently. Rampage feels like just another youtube show. Taping Rampage separate, giving it a different feel, and making it a priority would give more people on the AEW roster something to do.

WWE has so much tv time they can afford to sign a lot more wrestlers and still have them featured weekly. WWE has 7 prime hours to work with. AEW has 3 right now, and one of those has been made a garbage dump over the last 6 months.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don't think Rampage is a garbage dump necessarily but I think crowd energy and timeslot definitely makes it feel like one.

It definitely at the bare minimum needs its own separate set of tapings or at the bare bare minimum needs to be taped before Dynamite. I don't see the need to film C/D show matches in front of ginormous crowds. Yeah, sure, it's nice to give the underused and unsigned talent exposure in front of a large audience but I think the #2 show should be prioritized over that.

Valeyard

Reaction score
And then people will be in the same position as they are with AEW. Eventually he's going to call one too many people and fans are going to expect them all to be pushed to the top, but there's only so many spots, so guys at Hobbs and Starks levels will be in that exact spot with no way to move up the card. (Not saying Hobbs and Starks were contacted, just an example). Then fans will complain about the lack of pushes in
WWE.

That's how it has always been. It won't be anything new in the slightest. They're top AEW guys in a year or less, if all goes well. They're hard midcard in WWE, and you know someone will get racist and compare Hobbs to Mark Henry.

None of the AEW originals in the midcard right now would do as well as they deserve in WWE. Probably the Acclaimed or Ass Boys, but that's maybe it.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
I know the original idea was Friday at 10 to get all the viewers who just watched Smackdown to flip over for another hour. But, it really doesn't seem like that has worked. And Friday at 10 is just such a death slot.

Honestly, at this point if you could get 2 hours I'd do Friday 8-10 against Smackdown. It would force you to make the show relevant. Because the time slot is so much better I think you would do better ratings even against Smackdown rather than being on the air at 10 pm of Friday.

Plus, as an added bonus, it would be a direct shot at WWE for all the shit they've done over the last few years. AEW eating away even a little bit of the WWE rating could cost WWE countless millions in tv rights for their next deal.

Valeyard

Reaction score
They shouldn't do anything like that until they show the show can be worth it. Besides a Friday Night War sounds a lose-lose situation the longer it goes, but I will never come around to wrestling on Friday nights.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Putting Rampage up against Smackdown would be GD idiotic. That's like when Thunder competed with Smackdown! for three months except worse!

If we're being realistic, maybe it was too soon into AEW's history to firmly establish a credible B show? Look how often WWE's had difficulty making RAW and Smackdown both seem good and/or important.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
I'm not worried about beating Smackdown. But, I think Friday at 8-10, even against Smackdown, is better than Friday at 10. And they don't really have any other options. They aren't doing anything on Monday because of the NFL. Tuesday and Thursday are out because of the NBA on TNT. They have a show on Wednesday.

I just don't see a show on Friday at 10pm ever being anything more than it is.

Maybe Sunday night from 8-10? If you run a ppv you maybe move it to 7-8, and that becomes the buy-in, hard ppv sell?

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
I guess, at the end of the day, it goes like this. Both WWE and the NFL run at least 3 prime nights a week. So, if AEW ever wants another A level show you're pretty much going to have to go head to head with one of them. It's just a matter of which one would you rather face.

Valeyard

Reaction score
By putting them right opposite all anyone would ever talk about was ratings against Smackdown. It wouldn't be a battle worth having, especially if you jumped in with the current version of Rampage. It'd be a waste of effort at least until they decide the show is worth presenting that way, and that's going with the assumption the network would go along with the move.

Rampage should've been on Saturday or Sunday, though.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
RAW has competed against the NFL for almost 30 years now and yeah, it's eaten its own ass (and not in the way those damn millennials like) for those three months of the year for 27-28 of them but no one seems to overreact. If I'm AEW, I'd rather compete against NFL than WWE again.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
I'm not talking about the current version of Rampage. I'm talking about it being booked like it was originally sold "at the same level as Dynamite".

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm not talking about the current version of Rampage. I'm talking about it being booked like it was originally sold "at the same level as Dynamite".
Well my opinion stands. In a fantasy world where AEW's booking MNW era level exciting shows every week, I'd still rather compete against NFL than WWE.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Rampage needs to be re-established as an A-show for any kind of change that significant to matter and that will probably not happen. It gets trounced if you do it immediately and I think the road when it gets there would be very hard.

They should run a couple specials on Mondays eventually. I'd say run Chicago again but they probably aren't going back there for a while.