Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

AEW in Fall 2022- Spreading lies and bullshit to the media.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I've got mixed feelings, but since I don't think they'd run with House Of Black as a tag team right now I get it. He hasn't been used well at all.

Staff member
Reaction score
I've got mixed feelings, but since I don't think they'd run with House Of Black as a tag team right now I get it. He hasn't been used well at all.

He took bookings and left the country for weeks without permission and got suspended so I'd say he got what he deserves. Can't push someone who might not be around.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He took bookings and left the country for weeks without permission and got suspended so I'd say he got what he deserves. Can't push someone who might not be around.
He’s dating Rhea now so probably looking to go back, as well.

Fall of Epic

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Latest rumors are Keith Lee and Swerve were both approached by WWE to return and both declined. Swerve didn't Iike the way he was treated and Lee especially didn't like the way they fired his wife (Mia Yim). Miro has no intention of going back either which I'm actually kind if shocked by.

Staff member
Reaction score
Latest rumors are Keith Lee and Swerve were both approached by WWE to return and both declined. Swerve didn't Iike the way he was treated and Lee especially didn't like the way they fired his wife (Mia Yim). Miro has no intention of going back either which I'm actually kind if shocked by.
Why are you surprised? They did the same thing to Miro that they did to nearly everyone else. They also made him and his wife participate in two extremely humiliating cuck angles. Just because one or two guys want to go back doesn’t mean everyone else is so forgiving.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score

SRS has shot down the rumors of Keith Lee. He said that Lee was never approached to ask for his release.

Staff member
Reaction score
I think a lot of fans don't understand that WWE is still toxic in the eyes of almost all the people they let go. It isn't a coincidence that it's solely the people they didn't humiliate who have interest in leaving AEW to go back there. And it isn't a whole lot of people! The only thing that's changed in WWE is that the person making the final decisions is a different guy. But that guy was also there at Gorilla Position sending everyone out there every week and telling them to do the stupid shit Vince told them to do.

Dandy

Reaction score
Not to mention the crazy hectic schedule. They can work a lot less dates and still have some freedom to do other things within reason. More money and time with your spouse is understandable, but the touring schedule and overseas trips and appearances and. . .there’s just too much to talk about.

Staff member
Reaction score
Not to mention the crazy hectic schedule. They can work a lot less dates and still have some freedom to do other things within reason. More money and time with your spouse is understandable, but the touring schedule and overseas trips and appearances and. . .there’s just too much to talk about.

Yeah, it's an extremely creatively stifling environment. HHH making decisions at TV doesn't change that.

Staff member
Reaction score
Malakai Black was not released, he is really mad about people spreading rumors about him, Tony gave him time off and he says he'll be back in AEW in a few months.

Source: him

Buddy's not leaving either fwiw.

Staff member
Reaction score
Also Tony apparently laid down the law and they’re not releasing anyone. Period.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
That explains why House of Black is still a thing. I had a feeling he was never leaving, just taking a break. Else why in the fuck would you keep going ahead with the faction or in the least, the name itself? Plus I can't say Black was really utilized well at all in WWE main roster stuff, so an impending return seemed strange (plus he had years left on his deal). The only glaring thing is that he maybe wanted to be back traveling with his wife. But its not like she's even actively touring with the E. Is she injured or why has she been MIA from TV forever?

And good on TK saying any talent based in Florida can miss TV this week if things are dire for them with the hurricane coming. I doubt that will change up plans too extremely much hopefully.

Staff member
Reaction score
AEW gets a lot of shit for not showcasing enough female wrestlers on their shows but that segment was exhibit A of why you shouldn't always bend to fan pressure. They made everyone look like jabronis standing there while Britt and Saraya told each other shit. The two best wrestlers in that division are also effectively part of someone else's segment and their match is a sideshow. Everyone knows something will happen after the match and now nobody cares. Everything else tonight was really well done besides that.

Broward83

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I've noticed they've been live editing the "soft" cursing they used to let rock.

skullman80

Integral Poster
Reaction score
AEW gets a lot of shit for not showcasing enough female wrestlers on their shows but that segment was exhibit A of why you shouldn't always bend to fan pressure. They made everyone look like jabronis standing there while Britt and Saraya told each other shit. The two best wrestlers in that division are also effectively part of someone else's segment and their match is a sideshow. Everyone knows something will happen after the match and now nobody cares. Everything else tonight was really well done besides that.
Agree. That whole talking segment was bad and pointless. It helped no one, and the crowd was apathetic towards it. Then Toni and Deeb have a perfectly acceptable match, but again...the crowd doesn't care, and why should they? The lumberjack stip was also pointless. The whole thing was just bad.

I want the women to get more shine, but Tony or whoever is booking them... has no clue on what they are doing. The whole thing came off as forced and just not good.

Rest of the show was fine. Jericho/Bandido was really good. Not sure why Jericho feels the need to take the bumps he does at his age, but more power to him I guess.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I truly believe the womens division would be a lot better if Britt wasn’t there.

Fall of Epic

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Jericho going after past ROH Champs has potential. This would have been a great moment to bring back Xavier (RIP).

We might get Jericho vs LowKi!

We might get Jericho vs Austin Aries!

We might get Jericho vs Michael Elgin!

But most importantly...we might get Jericho vs Matt Taven!

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Man, with the exception of Full Gear, which already has near 10k tickets sold, AEW ticket sales right now are looking ROUGH. 1,600 sold for Baltimore, 2,300 for Boston, and the Rampage at the Boardwalk Hall on Nov 4 was sitting at 1,022 as of 4 days ago. Chicago on Thanksgiving eve isn’t looking great either. Definitely seems like it’s time to start hitting some new markets.

Fall of Epic

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Definitely time to hit new markets. I thought with them holding last year's Full Gear in Minnesota was am indication of their expansion but looks like they've gone to the well too many times with Chicago.