Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

AEW in Fall 2022- Spreading lies and bullshit to the media.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
MJF has nothing but time to become a top guy. This slow burn coronation really doesn't feel like the right way to respond to alienating your fanbase after the last PPV. You almost wonder if they should call an audible and just have Mox be top guy indefinitely but then what after MJF?

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Going back to the ticket sale one more time, I heard something this morning that I didn't even think about recently. This year they seem to have jacked up the prices. They ran shows where tickets were very inexpensive and below market value for a wrestling show. This year the prices for the tickets have gone up. For Grand Slam, there were people who bought the same seats, or in the same section as last year, and paid much more for them this year. That hurts, especially in this economy.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
So Guevara and Andrade have a backstage issue going on? This is new. Yikes....

And good point on the AEW ticket issues....they have certainly gone up the last 6 months and I think part of that is the issue. Plus there has to be at least some aspect of the effect losing the main guys right now is having and all this turmoil that I would bet 80 to 90 percent of the fanbase know about (if not more?)

Some markets like, a recent example being Philly....their attendance was greatly affected perhaps in part to WWE being in the same market around the same time. Literally ten days after AEW.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
When Sammy's contract comes up, Tony Khan has to take all of those complaints about him into account. Not to mention how quickly the fans turned on him. Maybe him saying dumb problematic crap about Sasha Banks on a podcast wasn't youthful immaturity but foreshadowing.

I'm not a hater but at this stage, I genuinely think he'd be better off in WWE where they can do a better job of sanding down the rough around the edges.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Yeah this feels far too shooty, and not angle-based.

Time for yet another fucking all staff meeting AGAIN???!!

Obviously all signs seem to point to Andrade being done after Weds in this company, but really.....enough bullshit with Sammy. Time to give him a final warning or else he's fuckin fired. Enough shit has happened with him to see this is a pattern of immaturity that never ends.

Fall of Epic

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I'm all for speaking your mind on social and getting things off your chest but TK really needs to reign his performers in more. There's a happy medium between letting the inmates run the asylum and running your company with an iron fist.

Staff member
Reaction score
Also before I forget, I think people forgot that his departure from WWE was very acrimonious, that Charlotte also wanted to leave, that she cares about her dad and feels like WWE humiliated him, they shared her health information and Andrade did an interview where he was extremely pissed off. There was a lot of buildup towards him leaving. Like people are assuming all that goes away just because HHH is in charge, but it doesn't. I don't think he wants to be in WWE, I think he's frustrated that he keeps getting hurt. If he had some kind of problem he wouldn't be on TV in backstage skits all the time.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
How do they work around the gimmick in the upcoming match on Rampage then? Mask vs career with 10.....are they unmasking him or are we going to do a swerve finish that neither 10 loses his mask, and Andrade isn't done? I guess I just assumed that this had to mean he's done (or being moved to ROH, I suppose)

I'm not necessarily thinking he's going to WWE although this could easily be remedied internally from previous issues by giving him a good deal and a sizable push coming back WITH Charlotte as a power couple thing. Considering it kinda feels like there must be something up with Charlotte taking THIS much time off....maybe this is in some sort of plan of sorts?

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When Sammy's contract comes up, Tony Khan has to take all of those complaints about him into account. Not to mention how quickly the fans turned on him. Maybe him saying dumb problematic crap about Sasha Banks on a podcast wasn't youthful immaturity but foreshadowing.

I'm not a hater but at this stage, I genuinely think he'd be better off in WWE where they can do a better job of sanding down the rough around the edges.
WWE covers up and refuses to acknowledge things, they don't teach people to behave better.

One company has multiple accused rapists, domestic abusers, etc that have gone totally unpunished and if anything have been rewarded. The other company has repeatedly suspended or fined people for relatively minor transgressions.

Sammy is an idiot and if it's a shoot he'll get slapped down for it.

Staff member
Reaction score
Also I know I’m a big Andrade fan but Sammy is way over the line again. Andrade is right, if you have a problem in the ring with getting hit then give someone a receipt. Saying that in public isn’t wrong. Some people need to learn that shit. There’s so many stories of guys giving each other a receipt and becoming life long friends over it, but you don’t do it and start talking bad about someone and eventually it’ll get out there.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
WWE covers up and refuses to acknowledge things, they don't teach people to behave better.

One company has multiple accused rapists, domestic abusers, etc that have gone totally unpunished and if anything have been rewarded. The other company has repeatedly suspended or fined people for relatively minor transgressions.

Sammy is an idiot and if it's a shoot he'll get slapped down for it.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I haven’t been paying much attention lately but Rampage on Friday is going live? Who thought that was a good idea?

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I haven’t been paying much attention lately but Rampage on Friday is going live? Who thought that was a good idea?

They do better when the show is live. Plus it just feels different than the taped episodes, and they can have their bigger stars on the show. It's a very good idea. It's something people have been asking for since they started.

rollie

Integral Poster
Reaction score
10 did a bunch of matches where his mask led to him losing (either fear of unmasking or the mask got smushed round so he couldnae see). I think he also appeared unmaked in.. something? Rhodes to the Top? (I remember someone chatting about a casual unmasked 10 interview popping up in something).

It all seemed on course for him to be unmasked in the immediate future. Given how TK likes to book things we're bang on track for that climax to occur (6 months later than the point it seemed to be building to)

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Downside to live Rampage is that it will cost more and on the same night as Smackdown, but it isn't like either will deter. I don't think it'll be a good idea long term but have been wrong before.