Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

AEW in Fall 2022- Spreading lies and bullshit to the media.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Bandito/Speedball is still my match of the year so good signing, but I don't want him lost in the shuffle like so many others. I'm very cautious with my investment.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I saw a documentary years ago about the history of pro wrestling narrated by Steve Allen. It was during the height of the Monday Night Wars, and one of the things that was talked about was how fans love wrestlers who do hand signs. Whether it's the Too Sweet, the crotch chop, or now the Scissoring. This is just further proof of that. I think The Acclaimed have potential to be big crossover stars for them.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I totally forgot Sammy was in that tag match tonight. Either he's taking the fall, or there's more to it with Andrade. I know he went off on AAA, which is a partner of AEW, in that interview that he did.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Looks like Sammy is off, too, per Fightful Patreon

Another backstage altercation took place in All Elite Wrestling. Sources familiar with the situation claim that at the October 5 AEW Dynamite show, there was an "altercation" between Andrade and Sammy Guevara. The two had taken shots at each other in interviews and on social media throughout the week, and it came to a head at the Dynamite tapings.

Andrade was removed from a scheduled mask vs. career match against Dark Order's 10, with the latter remaining on the Rampage schedule in another match.

Those that we spoke to say that there was verbal altercation that got physical, with Sammy Guevara shoving Andrade, and Andrade throwing a punch. We're not sure if the punch actually connected, but we're told it was not part of a grander work. Both wrestlers were removed from the tapings and sent home.

Andrade posted "respect me and I'll respect you" on social media shortly after.

Earlier today Fightful Select noted that several in AEW were frustrated by the situation in light of the locker room being more cohesive in recent weeks.

We'll update this article as we get more information.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Again, why didn't Tony just tell them to stay at home and settle their tea kettle ? Friggin EVERYBODY could have seen something like this happening.

I'm not so sure Sammy and Andrade don't deserve the same treatment that Punk and The Elite got.

Is this locker room going to need a locker room pep talk every week?

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Sammy was part of a big tag match, an Andrade has a match on Rampage, which I'm sure a backstage promo would have been shot tonight. They both could have acted like adults and done their job. I'm not going to blame Tony for not telling them to stay home. He could have also wanted them to come in to meet with both of them, and then this happens before there was a chance. Sammy and Eddie were able to take care of things the right way after their incident, so it's not crazy to think the same could have been done here.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
TK doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt anymore with this stuff. He knew what an asshole Sammy is already, so no excuse.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
there’s no scenario where Tony Khan looks good in this situation. If he didn’t call them last night and give them a “Come to Jesus” pep talk before the show tonight, he is an idiot. If he did give them one of those calls, it was so horrible that they still acted like assholes after talking to him.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
lol at sammy getting the fall. Either there's more to the story or TK really is an idiot.

I don't think TK has actually handled most of the incidents badly until now. He's fined or suspended people when there have been problems, he's even fired a couple guys like Jimmy Havok. There's obviously some real issues in how the company is being run though that need to be ironed out. Whether that's all or mostly on TK or because of certain toxic people in the lockerroom (or both) I don't know.

Fun show though!

Staff member
Reaction score
Tony rewarding Sammy is gonna be a BFD when they all come back to the arena on Friday. I don't believe in firing anyone but it's a big deal.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Update per Alvarez

TMZ source is claiming Sammy threw punches, others in AEW are saying he did not. I wasn't there, but it seems hard to believe that if Sammy instigated it and threw the first punch that he'd be working the show tonight.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They do better when the show is live. Plus it just feels different than the taped episodes, and they can have their bigger stars on the show. It's a very good idea. It's something people have been asking for since they started.
But it’s live at 10 pm.