Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

AEW in Fall 2022- Spreading lies and bullshit to the media.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
(grabs shovel to dig the dead horse out of the ground so we can all beat it back into it)
Dave Meltzer and Nick Hausman had an extensive interview about their perspective about the All Out media scrum and ensuing brawl.

Epic for the Summer

Epic Reine
Reaction score
The "too many titles" gripe is valid but let's not act like this isn't a problem with WWE as well. Hell, it's a problem among all major feds. NJPW has too many titles too.

I love that Impact created a title purely to be defended on pre-shows.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
decent show. I saw the Garcia turn coming a mile away but I'm ok with that. It was too soon for him to go face and Bryan doesn't need to be stuck with a dead end belt. PAC moving off his belt is also good and OC is better off with it and it actually felt like a "moment". Happy to see Renee there.

The announcement of Marufuji and other NOAH talent upcoming was really lost in the middle of the Jericho/Bryan match. Very interested to see who all they use. PLEASE bring in Nakajima!

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Apparently Saraya got cleared by three doctors so contrary to popular belief she didn’t have to go doctor hunting

Per SRS, WWE wanted to bring her back before she went to AEW. Per the report Triple H was very surprised that she was let go and wanted to bring her back as a GM again. She turned them down to go to AEW.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Still don't trust a lot of the AEW women to not break her again. Not because they're unsafe by and large but because I see Saraya being someone who might overdo it when she doesn't have to.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..... (well, one isn't bad). Rampage spoiler.

Maria Kanellis, Mike Bennett, and Matt Taven have made their debuts at the end of the show, facing off against Spears and FTR.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Mainly to pad the ROH roster. They came out to confront the ROH tag champions. Much of Rampage has turned into the ROH show. Not a bad move in that respect. I know they’re one of the most hated talents around here, for really no reason, but they’re fine enough in ring to have good matches. Yes, they’re create-a-wrestlers outside the ring, and she’s the only memorable part of the team, but Tony is a tag team fan, and at least in ring the product will be really good. Plus she can hopefully have a voice backstage and help with the women's divisions for both shows.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
the ROH stuff ihas done nothing but damage the company. They don't need another generic tag team who can wrestle but add nothing else, especially one that's been around for a long time. I love Maria but she isn't worth signing the other two at all. The entire ROH experiment has been a mistake.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
If they get a TV deal, which it feels like it about to happen with the way they've ramped up using the ROH contracted talent, and they can get the library on streaming, it's far from mistake. Even if they officially turn Rampage into their ROH show going forward, and have the live/day after Dynamite tapings, then they've already had higher ratings than any other time in the company's history. The PPVs have also been a big success.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
at the cost of detracting from AEW itself. People have watched this stuff because they have used major stars on the ROH shows but do you really think they want to see them sidetracked on to the ROH brand instead of on AEW? AEW is so young it needs to be focused on growing its own brand and name not trying to resurrect a dead one.

skullman80

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Agree with
at the cost of detracting from AEW itself. People have watched this stuff because they have used major stars on the ROH shows but do you really think they want to see them sidetracked on to the ROH brand instead of on AEW? AEW is so young it needs to be focused on growing its own brand and name not trying to resurrect a dead one.
Agree 100%. I don't care about anything ROH related. I watch AEW to watch AEW, not to care about ROH that has been basically an afterthought for a decade or so.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If I'm going to be interested in another company on AEW tv its going tobe NJPW which is actually a living, vibrant company that has lots of active talent of its own. ROH has nothing to offer. All of the really good talent had left already. And with NJPW (or NOAH, etc) they aren't on the tv constantly, they are a side dish

Valeyard

Reaction score
If they get a TV deal, which it feels like it about to happen with the way they've ramped up using the ROH contracted talent, and they can get the library on streaming, it's far from mistake. Even if they officially turn Rampage into their ROH show going forward, and have the live/day after Dynamite tapings, then they've already had higher ratings than any other time in the company's history. The PPVs have also been a big success.

People universally hate two of those three signings. At best, they're universally apathetic. Right now ROH is a malignant problem to AEW television and signing even more people is far from the answer. It's closing in on a year since the buyout, and the only forward progress regarding ROH is hurting AEW programming. If TK can get an unknown new promotion on Turner networks, he should've been able to get ROH a fucking Youtube show by now, but he hasn't even done that. You don't need to justify everyting TK does, dude.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
I'm actually a little surprised Tony hasn't been able to get ROH on Turner. Maybe not TBS or TNT, but considering the numbers AEW pulls, and some recent comments by higher ups in Warner about how AEW pulls huge numbers for them and they're looking for more content, I would think he could get them some spot on TruTv at least. Something like Saturday or Sunday from 8-9.

Staff member
Reaction score
ROH can’t get on Turner because they’re a tainted brand, Sinclair ruined it worse and it’s proven not to make any money. Those are just the unfortunate facts of it. ROH would bring in guys on tour for years who should have sold out places and couldn’t sell anything. The time for ROH to exist is dead, over, buried, etc. People voted with their wallet and they didn’t want ROH to keep going. There was no region of the country where people wanted ROH to keep running, they showed that by not buying tickets. It’s time to let this shit go.

Staff member
Reaction score
Final Battle should also be the end of it. Have your last title matches on there, then unify those titles with AEW’s on a Dynamite three weeks later. Then it’s time to move the fuck on.

Epic for the Summer

Epic Reine
Reaction score
To be fair, the two ROH shows they ran with TK in charge sold pretty well. Sure, the well might run dry soon but I don't think the brand is completely dead in the water (yet). But yeah, if there's so TV show on the horizon (or a consistent live scheudle), then we might want to pump the breaks on the brand's integration on AEW TV. I don't mind the occasional showcase match with the world or Pure titles on Dynamite but that's where it should end

Valeyard

Reaction score
When the reboot happens I hope Paul Wight is champion for six months and drops it in an elimination match in some kind of chamber-like structure.

Staff member
Reaction score
To be fair, the two ROH shows they ran with TK in charge sold pretty well. Sure, the well might run dry soon but I don't think the brand is completely dead in the water (yet). But yeah, if there's so TV show on the horizon (or a consistent live scheudle), then we might want to pump the breaks on the brand's integration on AEW TV. I don't mind the occasional showcase match with the world or Pure titles on Dynamite but that's where it should end

Yeah but see you're missing the point. Let me put this way. When you have guys like Tony Nese, Mance Warner, Jay Lethal, Josh Woods, Matt Taven, Dalton Castle, Brian Cage eating your TV time every week...all of a sudden you look up and you see that someone like Dante Martin has been on TV once in three months. You see that Miro hasn't been on in two months, you see that Brody King hasn't been on since the NYC show. Darby Allin is rarely on TV, Hangman works like two or three matches since Forbidden Door or some shit, Eddie Kingston works a couple matches on Dark and is barely wrestling on TV. These guys are your show, not Ring of Honor. They have to put more talented people off of TV because of this.

And then all of a sudden once these guys contracts come up they don't want to stay or they ask for their release because some jabroni like Matt Taven has been getting more TV time than them even though the AEW guys who were there are far better and have far more potential, but Tony felt bad for these ROH guys and didn't want them out of work even though they're literally toxic towards building a successful money-making pro wrestling company. So it's like 'holy shit what did I do bringing in all these ROH level guys like Big Cass' well you fucked up your promotion and it's too late to fix it, that's what you did. Someone better step in and tell Tony what he's doing before it's too late because it's progressively becoming more and more annoying. There is not a single role other than the exceptional talent like Rush and Bandido that could not have been filled by previously existing superior AEW talent.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If Rampage struggles to hit 600k, then god damn what you think a third rate show with a third rate name value is gonna do.

Stop this ROH bullshit. Either TK is a bigger idiot mark than he proclaims he is or he really did spend more than he needed to on this and needs to justify it.