Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

AEW in Fall 2022- Spreading lies and bullshit to the media.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
One note I don't think anyone has mentioned is that unless Omega's contract was extended due to his injury hiatus his deal is up in 4 months. Before I thought there was very, very little chance he would walk Feb. 1. Now...

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, it sounds like a lot of guys think working with Cody again in WWE sounds good.

It's fun to work with your friends until you realize your friends aren't very good bosses lol.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Even the Young Bucks don't have super long contracts attached them. It means TK has less leverage with all 3 than say Malakai Black (who was locked up until 2027). The Bucks had their 2 year option excercised last December. They only have a year and 3 months left on their deals.

Basically, it just means with all 3 guys that TK doesn't have the leverage of being able to stop them from going anywhere for years and years.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It;s been reported that AEW is extending people who have been injured's contracts. I also really doubt Omega is going anywhere. He's the one "EVP" who has retained any real power in the company and is clearly really invested in things. People are way overreacting to this shit.

Is he going to go work with Cody who he had a ton of problems with too?

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Can you extend Omega if he is an EVP and he was working on the video game while he was out of the ring? I don't know. I think it would be a legal issue.

Staff member
Reaction score
Bobby Fish is a complete POS lol.

Danielson, Moxley, and Jericho were heavily praised by those that we spoke to for various different reasons. Jericho -- even this past weekend -- was credited for stepping up as a backstage presence even more than he previously was. One young AEW talent had said to us that the resolve that Jericho showed at the press scrum after the Brawl Out situation happened was a great example to be set. Moxley and Danielson also seem to be widely adored by the AEW locker room. Much of Moxley's promo after a recent title run when he said he was "the answer" to a lot of problems was echoed, especially considering he was supposed to have time off. Danielson's general friendly, funny demeanor was also credited as "calming" from one AEW talent.
The word that we got coming out of AEW Dynamite was significantly more positive than 24 hours prior.
"A big part of Punk's promo was about people who hadn't been anywhere or done anything, and there were three guys who have done almost everything he's done if not more leading the charge. It wasn't anti-Punk or anything, but you can never have anyone say they didn't do anything in this business. Or guys like Paul (Wight), Mark (Henry), Matt (Hardy), or Regal for example. We have plenty of great people to go to advice for and take direction from if needed," said one AEW original talent. Another talent said that while the situation shouldn't have happened, Eddie Kingston owning up for his role in the Sammy Guevara issue was the right way to handle it.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Man I didn't know Bobby Fish was 45.

Staff member
Reaction score
FWIW I don't think I've ever heard anyone who could actually fuck everyone up say that they could have fucked up another wrestler during their match. Like have you ever heard that from Shamrock, or Kurt, or Brock? Those guys could have literally killed anyone they got in the ring with but you never had to question that and they never said that they could have. So for me this guy Bobby Fish goes into ultimate scumbag territory. I wouldn't even trust him enough to book him.

Wrestling is awesome because these guys completely trust each other to do anything, but I don't know how anyone could look at that guy and trust him again. If he doesn't like something you do how can you trust him to not deliberately injure you?

Staff member
Reaction score
Also one takeaway from tonight's great show is that Serena should join Blackpool Combat Club. She badly needs a manager and it's a good fit.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Anything can change, but it's not happening as of now

Ryan Frederick on the Wrestling Observer message board that current AEW EVPs Young Bucks sent out feelers within the company to gauge possible interest whenever their contracts are up. This has been an ongoing rumor among sources Fightful has spoken to dating back to August. One source indicated that they've been sworn that the Bucks asked to speak to someone in management, which we've been unable to confirm, but the rumor has persisted within WWE for several weeks.

Sources close to the Young Bucks say that they haven't been given that indication whatsoever. That person would likely be in a good position to relay that information, but says they aren't sure who the Young Bucks would even reach out to in that regard.

It's worth noting that we'd heard people who worked in talent relations had outright reached out to AEW talent last month.

Another source that has long worked with higher ups confirmed they'd heard the rumor, but hadn't asked people of influence within WWE, because they weren't sure how that would be received. However, they were there in 2018, and were quick to remind us that the Young Bucks nearly signed with WWE then before helping start All Elite Wrestling. That person believes that they wouldn't even need to gauge interest about coming into the company, and would likely be taking the temperature on other situations related to possible free agency.

We were given no indication prior to AEW All Out that the Young Bucks wanted out of AEW. Since then, talk of that has remained quiet for obvious reasons regardless. We'll be asking more about this among people backstage in the company today at Raw.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Imagine an AEW without The Young Bucks.
It's easy if you try.
No Cutler below them
Above us only CM's arms raised high in the sky
Imagine all the wrestlers, selling all the moves

Imagine there's no Rick Knox
It isn't hard to do
Nothing for him to ignore or screw up
And no Best Friends too
Imagine all the wrestlers, selling all the moves

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the Bucks time in AEW will be done

Last edited:

Fall of Epic

Epic Reine
Reaction score
In my head I was thinking 30 days tops but insiders have impled that the suspensions are far much longer. Punk will be out for awhile due to injury but am curious how long they can keep the Bucks and Kenny off TV. They also removed references of everyone.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, everyone involved was removed from the Full Gear poster so that would imply at least 60-90 days. I think we're kind of ending uncharted territory RE: punishment. Like how friggin long should the suspensions for a brawl involving your biggest star and multiple executives that ruins your flagship PPV?

Docking everyone a PPV payday seems like a good start to me IMO.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
For the two or three of you were that were concerned about Christopher Daniels' punishment, he did work the NJPW STRONG tapings in Vegas last weekend and is still scheduled to work the AJPW Anniversary show (#ForbiddenDoor) this weekend. I feel like if he was in serious doodoo, he would have stayed at home (or been forced to).

Fall of Epic

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I do wonder how a post-Elite/Punk AEW would look like. They still have key talent that will still put out quality matches and promos but wondering how ratings would look.

Fall of Epic

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Also, BTE is on hiatus presumably until the punishment is over (or maybe not doing BTE is part of the punishment?). Probably for the best. Although it would be hilarious to take some potshots at Punk and fans regarding everything going on.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
I don't think any of them will hear how long the suspensions are until the 3rd party investigation is completed. With the threats of lawsuits being thrown around AEW has to be super careful not to make any mistakes here.

The big question becomes if the 3rd party concludes that Punk should be fired does Tony actually do it?