Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

AEW in Fall 2022- Spreading lies and bullshit to the media.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Lost in all this is the fact a buncha marks harassed the place Punk got his delicious muffin.

They didn't actually harass the place. They left reviews of the muffins, and most of them were 4 or 5 star reviews with inside mentions from the scrum. They were all pretty positive and unless you knew what happened, would just think they were normal reviews. Some were really good. Reviews spoiler tagged due to the size of the pictures.

305847063_10166889914680048_8348603578516185867_n.jpg

301586107_10166889914760048_756054002226159623_n.jpg

302284836_10166889914675048_2492914461512528495_n.jpg

Big Papa Paegan

L. A. Z.
Reaction score
See, this is when I really, really miss the crowds of Mutants. A good "SHUT THE FUCK UP" chant during this would've done wonders.

Though with Letterkenny such a cult hit, how long until "PITTER PATTER **clap, clap, clapclapclap**" becomes a chant?

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I.. I uh.. I really like The Firm?

I like the idea of the faction. I appreciate each member having clearly defined goals. I'm wondering if they're going with this group as an 80s style faction where they don't always have to be with each other, and the only thing that they end up having in common is Stokley as the manager. They also have a really good, old school theme

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
Hot damn what a main event. I haven't enjoyed a Jericho match that much in a very long time.

Now put the fucking belt on Danielson like you should have almost a year ago.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
No Danielson in WrestleKingdom this year. AEW announced Dynamite on 1.4 in Seattle.

skullman80

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Good show last night. I like the idea of the Firm, but that segment went on wayyyyyy too long and was pretty bad by the end.

Jericho/Mox was a banger main event.

Not sure why Toni ate the pin in the tag match...why have your champ pinned? I guess it was just to set up the 4 way next week, but still dumb IMO.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
I thought it started fine, but got too convulted as it went along, and also went to long.

A stable that is only a stable when they need to be a stable only works with very precise booking, and I just don't trust Tony to book it to make sense. Also, without MJF being their leader I just don't see anyway a group consisting of The Gunn Club, Ethan Page, Big Cass and Lee Moriarity doesn't become a jobber to the stars stable.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Yeah, I feel like the Firm faction is going to really get lost in the shuffle and get probably moved to ROH once that becomes a seperate brand (if it ever does). Until then we probably will see most of these guys on Dark/Dark Elevation mixing it up with other factions that arent going anywhere like The Factory, Wingmen, Dark Order, etc.

Anyway, besides the long winded Stokley promo that didn't fully connect, I thought the in-ring on this show was pretty damn solid.

Sounds like coming off that main, they shoehorned Jericho against Claudio for Grand Slam. That should be a fun one!

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Have Claudio and Jericho ever had a match? If it was, it was a throwaway 5-7 minute match on WWE TV and nothing major (cue BUTT noting some match that they had on a second or third tier PPV in 2013). It'll be fun as hell to see them together at this stage, at any rate.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hey. I nailed (one of) their random match(es) happening in 2013, at least. It was an educated guess cause 2013 HAD to be most random year of Jericho's career. An extended feud with Dolph Ziggler that was supposed to be somewhat of an homage to the HBK-Jericho feud IIRC, putting over Fandango and Ryback cleanly.

It's funny how things seemed to be winding down for Y2J NINE YEARS AGO and now he's having some of the best damn matches of his career. It shows that you can never really count a great wrestler out.

(DON'T bring up Ric Flair's "Last Match"!)

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
One small little side item from last night I noticed....Bucks are back on AEW commercials. Punk is not. Not sure if that means anything but it was noted.