Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

AEW in Fall 2022- Spreading lies and bullshit to the media.

Staff member
Reaction score
It has to be worked into a new deal, like Rampage was. The ratings for Dynamite, for the most part, have still been very good. Rampage is a different story, but those were always worse. As far as on screen product, there can be a case for that, but as long as the numbers don't reflect that idea, it's not going to change. It's still drawing, overall.
It was reported Turner doesn’t want ROH. They keep trying to tell Turner to take something they don’t want all of a sudden AEW isn’t gonna have a tv deal. The people with money said no and that’s the end of it. No means no.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Tony is still working on trying to secure a timeslot for it. It's not easy since he has a contract with a set amount of time allotted to his product. They can't just add a new show to their networks. So he's having the matches to at least keep the titles and wrestlers on people's minds.
Dude. You don't gotta suck his asshole clean because he's one of your parasocial Twitter wrestling bros. You can admit that he hasn't done anything well with this and hurt the big things going with this shit. He's had months to make them a fucking YouTube channel and make good but he hasn't.

Staff member
Reaction score
But see TK thinks it was ECW and deeply beloved. A major zeitgeist. How do regulars just not get it man
They didn’t run in like 60-70% or the country including here. It has literally no value to me.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
God help me but I'm starting to agree a bit with Eric Bischoff (and I guess Valeyard) about Tony Khan having IWC worm brain.

I don't think ROH even has the lasting cultural impact among mainstream wrestling fans that Impact/TNA had let alone ECW or WCW. Yet all Tony Khan did during AEW's brief partnership with Impact Wrestling was do his poor man's 1993 Vince McMahon shtick and clown on them!

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They didn’t run in like 60-70% or the country including here. It has literally no value to me.
ROH couldn't draw more than 2,000 people in Las Vegas, the tourism and entertainment of the USA, with Cody, Young Bucks, Okada, Jushin Thunder Liger and a bunch of others that would draw huge crowds for AEW (and now WWE) just a few years later. Any success AEW has had has been in spite of ROH's influence not because of it.

Last edited:

Staff member
Reaction score
ROH couldn't draw more than 2,000 people in Las Vegas, the tourism and entertainment of the USA, with Cody, Young Bucks, Okada, Jushin Thunder Liger and a bunch of others that would draw huge crowds for AEW (and now WWE) just afew years later. Any success AEW has had has been in spite of ROH's influence not because of it.
The main reason AEW exists is because ROH wouldn’t give the Elite the book, so they quit and found somewhere else to work. That is an absolute fact. The ROH name is synonymous with Sinclair right wing trash for me. Bury it, it’s over.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Well, ROH wouldn't give Young Bucks a raise but yeah, from reading their book, I bet if Sinclair offered them the same money that they got in 2016-18 but gave them creative control then they probably would have reupped.

Staff member
Reaction score
I let out an audible yelp of frustration when I saw the match graphic for Jericho Vs Dalton Castle.
Lol dude imagine if the smackdown main event in 2001 was always some WCW shit that was hanging on by literally the skin of their teeth. In this scenario the main event every week would be some shit Yung Dragons vs the Road Warriors. Or Ric Flair defending his US Title against Chavo Guerrero riding his broom stick horse. Maybe sometimes you get a tv title match with Rick Steiner vs Shawn Stasiak man this shit is too ridiculous isn’t it. Thing is the those guys are WAY more known than Dalton Castle.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So what’s the count at now for talent with expressed “creative roles” within the company?

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Also, Tony Khan from a Sports Illustrated interview:

“We’ll have great news soon about Ring of Honor weekly shows,” Khan says. “The success of Death Before Dishonor on pay-per-view has ensured there will be more Ring of Honor pay-per-views.

“Our goal is to have one more great pay-per-view for Ring of Honor in 2022 and then follow that up with a weekly show in 2023.”

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
“We’ll have great news soon about Ring of Honor weekly shows,” Khan says. “The success of Death Before Dishonor on pay-per-view has ensured there will be more Ring of Honor pay-per-views.

“Our goal is to have one more great pay-per-view for Ring of Honor in 2022 and then follow that up with a weekly show in 2023.”
1666115382865.png
@Big Beard Booty Daddy reading that interview.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Just steal the ROH event names to use for more big events/ppvs/whatever. That's all. An ROH show as he says there is literally just an AEW show that will have a smaller crowd and mean nothing for the actual brand worth focusing energy on. The misnomer of "well ROH draws" when the show is loaded with Jericho, Bryan, FTR, etc. is gonna be the worst.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I hope ROH gets a show and they separate and I never have to see the ROH people again. I'm willing to sacrifice Jericho and one (1) young talent to make this happen. I suggest Jungle Boy. But I'd even lose Garcia at this point to get rid of ROH.

Staff member
Reaction score
I hope ROH gets a show and they separate and I never have to see the ROH people again. I'm willing to sacrifice Jericho and one (1) young talent to make this happen. I suggest Jungle Boy. But I'd even lose Garcia at this point to get rid of ROH.
I think we will shortly find that with an AEW platform available and multiple WWE platforms available that they won’t get much of anyone willing to solely be on ROH. And then that means they dilute and divide their roster and it’s all fucked when that happens.