Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Concerts coming to your area: Good and Bad

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Cavalera Conspiracy is hitting Nashville on May 26 with Warbringer as support.

And fuck me, that's a work night.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
Didn’t realize it was gonna be an arena tour. I figured they were hitting the sheds this summer. This makes things a bit more iffy. I can’t just drive to MSG.

Staff member
Reaction score
Here's a good question. Maiden, Anthrax, and the previously mentioned Pumpkins are coming this way in separate concerts this year. And I'm too old for GA and standing there and all that shit. I did that shit at AEW the other day and even still you gotta sit down at some point. How much for a ticket is too much? What is your limit?

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I paid about $180 for GA for Iron Maiden in October. Well worth it IMO for them. I wouldn't pay that much for the other two. Music is the only thing I'll do standing room for.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
99_Edp.jpg

Did Feldman get canceled and I shouldn't see him sing Pink Floyd and Beatles covers? I should probably just go to Funspot with @Laz anyway.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Tears for Fears / Garbage was pretty good. TFF were a lot tighter than I expected two 60 year old dudes to be. I left before
"Shout" though.

Shirley Manson got on the mic and scolded some dudes for throwing around a beach ball during Garbage's set. Like last year, they didn't play "When I Grow Up" but they did play that song from the awful James Bond flick they did. I haven't thought about that song since it premiered on TRL in 1999.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Yeah, but Hampton Beach only has Cristy's, when everyone knows Tripoli's is the GOAT

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Neil Young being a COVID cop makes sense. No wonder why he was (presumably still is?) so mad at Rogan. David Crosby retired because of the pandemic too. Meanwhile Graham Nash played the concert barn 10 minutes from my house last weekend. Guess that's why he's Vale's most hated member of CSNY.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Graham Nash is coming here and I came very close to buying tickets for the meet and greet just to tell him like it is. I got a visceral, bitter hatred for that asshole, only matched by Eli Manning but he doesn't tour.

I'm not saying I want him to get Covid. I am not saying that.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It sounds like how bad COVID hit Croz was a major factor in why he chose to retire so I guess it'd only be fair if it took out the other half of Crosby-Nash.

I did want to go see him but tickets were too expensive for my blood, even considering the opportunity to see a RNR Hall of Famer and Valeyard's mortal enemy in a 100 seat venue ten minutes from my house.

I'm seeing Colin Quinn there next weekend though so lmk if you have any strong opinions on MTV Remote Control or late '90s Weekend Update that you want me to voice, Vale.

Last edited:

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
I don't care about giving bad people money, but based on the fact that they're 3rd on a 4-band bill, I assume Megadeth will be playing no longer than an hour. Maybe that's worth it, IDK. I went to a 50-minute Andrew W.K. concert when I was 18, left before the headliner (Ill Nino) and I remember it fondly to this day. But keep it in mind before you spend money.

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
You (using the general "you" here, not talking to anyone specific) likely regularly give money to people who are doing far more damage to the world than Dave Mustaine, so I really wouldn't sweat it.

Reactions: 909

skullman80

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Got to see Billy Joel last night. My wife has seen him before, but I never have and wanted to check it off the list before he finally does retire. Puts on an amazing show for being 73. Hasn't put out an album in like 30 years so he played all the hits plus some deep cuts. Highly recommend checking him out if he comes your way. PNC Park is also an amazing place to watch a concerts.

Metallica coming up on Sunday...also at PNC. I will be on the field for that one.

I put the pics in spoiler tags below because I wasn't sure how huge they would show up.

298831496_10159222466748253_8429678146351749512_n.jpg
299084377_10159222466623253_6140970359900561149_n.jpg298836012_10159222466783253_7269333210203185931_n.jpg

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I need to see something at PNC Park. One time I was in Pittsburgh, the Pirates were on the road and it was too early in the year for concerts. It was still nice to wander the outer concourse and check out the scenery but it seems like such a fantastic outdoor venue.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE last night. OMG. My ears are still ringing and my voice is still raspy. Props to Zack for carrying on with the tour despite a busted foot. Even sitting down, he had tons of energy. Would have liked more songs from Evil Empire but that's only a minor gripe. They're doing two more dates at MSG then going home, rest of the tour is cancelled due to Zack injury.

Run the Jewels were pretty damn good too. I was impressed.

skullman80

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I need to see something at PNC Park. One time I was in Pittsburgh, the Pirates were on the road and it was too early in the year for concerts. It was still nice to wander the outer concourse and check out the scenery but it seems like such a fantastic outdoor venue.
It's a beautiful park with a shitty AAA baseball team playing in it. I refuse to support the Pirates at this point so I only go if I get free tickets or if there is a concert there I want to see.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Tough news for anyone who wanted to listen to second and third tier '90s rock this weekend in LA. :(