Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Fucking Wisconsin, part III

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I've never understood how so many people, in fucking Wisconsin, get so freaked out by gunfire. Even in a larger town like Green Bay you gotta hear a rifle or whatnot fairly often.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
I've never understood how so many people, in fucking Wisconsin, get so freaked out by gunfire. Even in a larger town like Green Bay you gotta hear a rifle or whatnot fairly often.
1>Because even if the odds are against it, that bad guy with a gun might find me. My corner of the world had 3 incidents in the past few weeks of violence "isolated incidents"
2> My house was vandalized by persons unknown several times a few years ago.
3> My neighborhood had a local burglar a number of years ago who broke into 7 places (including across the street from me) until he was caught in the act.
4> Whenever I am not shit posting, reading about old wrestling or looking at tits, I am reading true crime stuff, warping my world view.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's not just you. Every time I go to Baltimore or Chicago I hear a bunch of people fret that, "you're gonna get shot!" Here, in the land of hunting, trap shooting, range shooting, gun shows, gun raffles, guns etc, I just don't get it.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
You should see people's faces whenever I mentioned living in Memphis.
I absolutely loved all three of my Memphis visits. Two were vacation and one was hurricane evacuation. Positive experiences all around.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
FJaQ84kXsAAWj3J

Whoops!

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score

This is roughly 5 mins from Brody Castle:

GREEN BAY, Wis. (WLUK) -- Taylor Schabusiness is charged with murder and mutilating a corpse for allegedly killing a man on Green Bay’s west side, then decapitating the body.

Schabusiness, 24, made initial court appearance Tuesday afternoon on counts of first-degree intentional homicide, mutilating a corpse, and third-degree sexual assault. Bond was set at $2 million cash. She returns to court March 22.

According to the criminal complaint, police were called to a residence on Stony Brook early in the morning of Feb. 23. There, police found a severed head inside a bucket in the basement.

Schabusiness said she and the victim were using drugs and engaging in sexual play, and the man was strangled. She then sexually abused him, dismembered the body, and placed body parts in various locations in the home and a vehicle, the criminal complaint states.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score

The same Waukesha County judge who earlier this year eliminated absentee ballot drop boxes has made another ruling with substantial statewide impact—this time bringing some pollution cleanup to a halt, perhaps for years, depending on whether and how politicians want to write the rules.

Waukesha County Circuit Judge Michael Bohren ruled Tuesday that the Department of Natural Resources (DNR) cannot regulate an entire class of industrial chemicals being found more frequently in Wisconsin groundwater because the Legislature hasn’t defined them and spelled out rules the DNR must follow in enforcement and cleanup.

The Legislature—controlled by Republicans—has done little to nothing about the “forever chemicals” known by the acronym PFAS, shown to cause health problems in humans long after they were originally used to make nonstick cookware, firefighting foam, and other products.
Wisconsin Manufacturers and Commerce (WMC), a powerhouse in Capitol lobbying and political ad spending, brought the lawsuit in February of last year along with a dry cleaner in Oconomowoc. They say the company should not be required to clean up any chemicals not specifically regulated by the DNR for environmental remediation, according to a story in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

Bohren’s decision means the DNR may have to wait years for legislators to define the chemicals and write the relevant rules. Meanwhile, the conservative majority on the state’s Natural Resources Board refused this past February to impose PFAS standards for groundwater, forcing DNR staff to restart a process that had already been going on for three years.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score

This isn't quite as bad as some of the nutty Republican ads, but I still want to throw up in my mouth when it comes on during the news each morning this week...

(He inherited his mega millions business from his daddy)
"Everything we love about Wisconsin is under attack," Michels says in an ad released on Sunday.

In the ad, Michels says he served "God, family and country" in the Army, but the media says "none of that matters anymore." He describes taking the Pledge of Allegiance in school and taking an oath to serve the U.S. in the military service — "but today, people take a knee."
"When I was 9 years old, my dad handed me a shovel and put me to work. Nowadays, people get paid to sit on the couch," he continues. "And back then, if you called somebody lazy, it was a huge insult. But today, you get a pronoun wrong, and the liberals want your head."

Both Lee and Democratic Party of Wisconsin chair Ben Wikler pointed to Michels' 2004 statements in favor of banning abortion without exceptions for cases of rape or incest and in opposition to gay marriage.

Michels has faced some early skepticism from some in his own party. A recent post on the conservative site Wisconsin Right Now presented a list of 17 questions for Michels mostly focused on his positions on labor issues and his company's contracts with the state.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
And where is this George Will column set?

(TIL...George Will is still a columnist. I guess it's a reminder that Never Trump Republicans are still Republicans!)
That school story was the big news for like a week. Kiel is a tiny ass town of like 3200 an hour or so from Green Bay. There are Lutzke cousins that live there. It's just another small hillbilly goat fucking WI town. I can see the pronoun thing not flying with the grease monkey assholes who are only passing high school thanks to shop class holding up their GPA?

Source - Me. I spent 4 years in a grease ball high school full of Nascar loving hill folks 75 mins from Kiel and went to Kiel semi often. In fact I will be within spittin' distance of it tomorrow as we go on a Lutzke Family History World Tour.

--
I could have sworn George Will died. I think I am thinking of PJ Rourke though.