Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Fucking Wisconsin, part III

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's wild how different our Wisconsins are, Brody's and mine. Upstate they got tiny ass 3200 people towns. Down here, that's the population for county seats!

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Ugh

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
At least the statue of poop never got married so he could be given his wife's daddy's company.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
In Wisconsin, our TV sets are God.
This is going to come across as snark, but do you think the Bucks exec who was running vs Barnes for the spot would have faired better as "generic white man" compared to Barnes?

Based on the map, the only blue is UW Madison, UW Stevens Point, UW Milwaukee and UW La Crosse. Green Bay failed to swing blue. Not exactly a surprise.

The best our Democratic Party could brag the day after (other than Evers winning overall) was that we avoided a super majority of Rs in the Senate (by one slot) that would have given them the ability to override Evers veto power.

--
My MAGA brother was posting on FB about "Evil Democrats" this week. I gave him the inflation breakdown, with Powell not being allowed to raise rates under Trump's orders (and Biden not jumping at it fast enough) and he huffed.

Then a day later he sent me a Meme of how the Dems riot and disrespect the police (and a big list after that) and I sort of wanted to just say "Sounds like Jan 6th" but I need to have Holiday meals with him soon.

--
I did my part by not voting. I went to a library liquidation sale instead and bought books for my toddler nieces and nephews so they might be able to think critically when they age.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, Lasry might've done better here tbh. Barnes was the better candidate in the primaries and (obviously) better than Ron Johnson. But all those psychotic ads worked over a lot of Wisconsin voters. Lasry's whiteness and famous dad might have won it for him.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He barely won. Seems more like 30,000 Dem voters switched or left that race blank rather than vote for the Black guy that scared them during commercials while watching Gunsmoke and Yellowstone reruns.