Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Hulk Hogan has lost his mind

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Androgynous friend's friend looks like Brody if he got hit in the head with a jackhammer repeatedly and was made a foot shorter.

AND WHY WOULD SOMEONE GET AN IMMORTAL TATTOO? UGH! I mean, wrestling tattoos in general are terrible. But if you're gonna get one, why not an nWo one or a Hulkamania logo? WHY IMMORTAL!?

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
King Kamala said:
Androgynous friend's friend looks like Brody if he got hit in the head with a jackhammer repeatedly and was made a foot shorter.

AND WHY WOULD SOMEONE GET AN IMMORTAL TATTOO? UGH! I mean, wrestling tattoos in general are terrible. But if you're gonna get one, why not an nWo one or a Hulkamania logo? WHY IMMORTAL!?
Because he's the Immortal Hulk Hogan brotha! What (else) cha gunna do???

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Oh. Nevermind. I thought you were talking about Hogan's tattoo. Just watched the video. Yikes. Who's his little Oompa Loompa friend?

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
ブランカ said:
Even better.. is that a Batman tramp stamp???

YES! He's constantly made fun of for it, but he thinks it's awesome. Again, when he stayed with me he took two hours every day to get ready in the bathroom.
He can't keep a girlfriend because they all thing he's egotistical and high maitenance.
He was staying with me because he got kicked out of his house for being a piece of shit. He's an adult child. He's 29 and has always lived with his dad. Never had a real job either beyond pushing carts at Wal-Mart and Target.
His dad died this past summer and left my buddy his life insurance which was a 100k. He refused to give any to his step-mom and continued to live in the house with her. She couldn't pay the bills and now the house is being foreclosed on. She asked him for money to save the house and pay bills and he freaked out and said she was pressuring him and demanding too much and she threw him out.
We've been friends since 5th grade so I took him in and he just acted like a jerk at my house. My water bill went up $15 in the two months he stayed with me.
When I threw him out I told him he needed to grow up, be responsible and learn to take care of himself. What did he do? Run away to Florida to blow Hulk Hogan.

Ed Wood Caulfield

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hulk Hogan had some words for CM Punk and his promo about Superstars of yesteryear having it easier than him during an interview with Fighting Spirit Magazine.
“CM Punk never had to walk into a dressing room where he wasn’t supposed to be. He never walked into Kansas City, where Harley Race was the champion for 20 years, where Harley had told all of his friends and neighbors that he was the only heavyweight champion, because he was the NWA champion. CM Punk never walked into Kemper Arena and had Harley Race put a gun to his head and say, ‘Get out of my town, kid’.
So, does CM Punk have it easier than me? When I was flying 300 days a year, doing double-shots, and there was no Rock and no ‘Stone Cold’ around, but just me for the first 15 years? During the day, I was flying from New York and stopping in St. Louis, taking a TV station manager out to lunch, and then in the afternoon getting to the building early in another town, like Chicago, and cutting a TV deal before wrestling that night. So, no, I don’t think I had it easier than him.”
--http://wrestlechat.net/hulk-hogan-on-cm-punk-dropping-his-name-at-raw-i-dont-think-i-had-it-easier-than-him/

Mattdotcom

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Just lost a lot of respect for Harley Race (for not murdering Hulk Hogan)

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I believe Hogan. Bret Hart is just a big mark for himself.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Pot. Kettle.

As much grief as some of the oldsters give it, I thought Harley Race's WWF run was ingenious. Race knew he was too old/too tired to be "the guy" in a promotion and wrung out the last few years of decent workrate by going for the big bucks as one of Hogan's foils. And really, I don't see how a royalty gimmick demeaned his reputation. Yeah, it was a bit more cartoonish than what he was used to but I don't think it made him look stupid like Dusty with the polka dots or Steamboat carrying a komodo dragon to the ring.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was sarcastic. Websites like Cawthon's make it fairly clear that Hogan's schedule, while crazy, wasn't 600 matches per year or whatever bullshit he's most recently said. Harley Race was not out to kill Hogan. Etc.

Mattdotcom

Integral Poster
Reaction score
List of Wrestlers Who Have Held a Gun to Hogan's Head (According to Hogan (Not Really))

Harley Race
Dusty Rhodes
Tony Atlas
Andre the Giant (and it was the biggest gun in the world)
Randy Savage
Shane McMahon after WrestleMania XIX
Wild Cat Willie
La Parka
JC Ice, but not Wolfie D

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Also...hulk hogan...but thankfully Ali's daughter called

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
CM Punk held a pipebomb to Hogan's head because he was a huge mark for the Earthquake.

Dobbs3K

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if Race got in Hogan's face, but I doubt the gun to the head stuff just a tad...

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Komrade Kamala said:
Pot. Kettle.

As much grief as some of the oldsters give it, I thought Harley Race's WWF run was ingenious. Race knew he was too old/too tired to be "the guy" in a promotion and wrung out the last few years of decent workrate by going for the big bucks as one of Hogan's foils. And really, I don't see how a royalty gimmick demeaned his reputation. Yeah, it was a bit more cartoonish than what he was used to but I don't think it made him look stupid like Dusty with the polka dots or Steamboat carrying a komodo dragon to the ring.

To most NWA fans, it was as well received as a Ric Flair as Spartacus gimmick would've went over in 1990. Race went from blood and guts tough talker in a suit to a gimmick.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
By oldsters, I should have been direct and said BRODY.

And when a gimmick is "King of Wrestling", I don't see it as that demeaning. If Race really objected to it, he wouldn't have kept it when he did his last runs in AWA or NWA. Not saying it was a career highlight (or even a great gimmick), just a smart way for him to wring out the big bucks while his career faded.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The dumbest thing Race did in the late 80s was those table spots and top rope bumps at his age and with severe injuries.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Watching WrestleMania III and IV this weekend, I have to definitely agree with that assessment. There was no reason for a guy of his size and his age to be doing crazy bumps for a four minute mid-card match or a shitty battle royal.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Rumble 89 might be the worst example. The hardcore matches with Hogan in 88 (where the much older Race took the bad bumps because Hogan was too busy working every match on his 500 card schedule...no wonder he held that gun to the Hulkster's head!) were really dumb. Yeah, Race's bumps made them fun to watch but he shouldn't have been doing it. After those injuries he comes back to work the Rumble match with Haku...and does big turnbuckle bumps, outside bumps, and takes a stiff kick to the face.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Komrade Kamala said:
By oldsters, I should have been direct and said BRODY.

And when a gimmick is "King of Wrestling", I don't see it as that demeaning. If Race really objected to it, he wouldn't have kept it when he did his last runs in AWA or NWA. Not saying it was a career highlight (or even a great gimmick), just a smart way for him to wring out the big bucks while his career faded.
And really.. a royalty gimmick is hardly the worst thing he could've been saddled with. It's not like he said he was King George time-travelling to the 1980s to prove his mettle in the wrestling ring.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Another really dumb thing about WWF cartoon Harley Race: Gorilla Monsoon referring to him as a "youngster."

MillenniumMan831

Monsoon_Classic
Reaction score
I'd have to hear that too. In Race's MSG debut, Monsoon made clear that while Race was a newcomer to the WWF, he was not a newcomer to professional wrestling.